Lucian Hodoboc

In case it turns out you are wrong...

2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

So since there are those that do these cold readings, there isn't room for the real ones? Please listen or read the following link on Mediums, and hopefully you will show me respect by doing so. Because hey, I looked at what you gave me and read all about cold readings, which helped me gear up for tomorrow!! https://skeptiko.com/julie-beischel-research-after-death-communication-371/

That interview comes from a site run by a pretty established dishonest conman who fabricates results and calls it science: 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Alex_Tsakiris

The most damning accusation against mediums and psychics and other dependable supernatural powers is that if they consistently worked they would be used:

the_economic_argument.png

I believe there is still room for spiritual gifts and crossing the veil but they are tied to some rules someone has set and cannot be used at will by mortals. I would posit those rules come from God. Those who try to use these powers for economic gain never end up well (see Balaam and Simon the Sorceror).

If you need answers I would pray. It costs less and is more accurate. Sometimes it takes longer to get the answer but it is worth it.

28 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

That interview comes from a site run by a pretty established dishonest conman who fabricates results and calls it science: 

The most damning accusation against mediums and psychics and other dependable supernatural powers is that if they consistently worked they would be used:

I believe there is still room for spiritual gifts and crossing the veil but they are tied to some rules someone has set and cannot be used at will by mortals. I would posit those rules come from God. Those who try to use these powers for economic gain never end up well (see Balaam and Simon the Sorceror).

If you need answers I would pray. It costs less and is more accurate. Sometimes it takes longer to get the answer but it is worth it.

Yay, I actually get to use the term "strawman", I seldom know too many of these descriptions, but this fits to the "t". I wasn't touting that the podcast guy is legit, but I think the woman he's interviewing or has on the podcast could be.

Had my reading, went pretty good. A few things he said could have been from my FB photos. Like my mother's hair being brunette and short. And he mentioned a dog being with my parents which was a small lap dog and could be a lot like a Shitzu. I thought of my little Yorkie that was hit by a car and died. And on FB there are a couple of photos of Biscuit he would have to have searched in albums for. But pretty sweet to think all dogs do go to heaven. And he mentioned my mother loving to cook, but she worked a lot so hadn't had a lot of time to cook. My dad who was on disability later in life would cook a lot. So these things were disappointing.

There were a few things that he said and one thing that happened that gave me hope. Right off the bat he said my mom came through and she said she really liked my hair and just that morning I had been worried I'd fried my hair because of coloring it and was worried about it falling out.

And then he said that my mom wanted to comment on my childhood, and he said it was that I loved to dance and twirl around the house and was in a dance group. Well that is right, and maybe the majority of girls are like this, so there's that. But I was an oddball and would dance in slips to the stereo all around the living room when I was like 7 or 8.

Then in the middle he mentioned that I had been going through a faith crisis, and trying to figure out what my path is to be. He nailed that! There is nothing on FB about that! And he didn't ask me anything about myself, I was pretty silent the whole time. The only thing he'd ask was a couple of names and who they were, other than that he said he preferred I didn't offer things at all. 

And he nailed that both my father-in-law and my dad died from heart conditions. My dad a heart attack, and FIL had heart failure, so there's that. Then toward the very end, a song came on the stereo that I had picked for my dad's funeral CD I made. It was absolutely awesome and I'm hoping it was not a coincidence. And no, he didn't have all songs on the stereo that had to do with loved ones moving one, I was paying attention to the songs. It was "Hero" by Mariah Carey. I'll post for your listening pleasure!

Edited by Tacenda

Just FYI, take it as you want...

Then in the middle he mentioned that I had been going through a faith crisis, and trying to figure out what my path is to be. He nailed that!

You live in Utah and chose to go to a medium, which is not looked on well by most in the Church.  High possibility you had a faith crisis....especially if you told him this was your first time.  Someone older trying new things...

Death by heart conditions is the leading cause of death for white males.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Had my reading, went pretty good. A few things he said could have been from my FB photos. Like my mother's hair being brunette and short. And he mentioned a dog being with my parents which was a small lap dog and could be a lot like a Shitzu. I thought of my little Yorkie that was hit by a car and died. And on FB there are a couple of photos of Biscuit he would have to have searched in albums for. But pretty sweet to think all dogs do go to heaven. And he mentioned my mother loving to cook, but she worked a lot so hadn't had a lot of time to cook. My dad who was on disability later in life would cook a lot. So these things were disappointing.

There were a few things that he said and one thing that happened that gave me hope. Right off the bat he said my mom came through and she said she really liked my hair and just that morning I had been worried I'd fried my hair because of coloring it and was worried about it falling out.

And then he said that my mom wanted to comment on my childhood, and he said it was that I loved to dance and twirl around the house and was in a dance group. Well that is right, and maybe the majority of girls are like this, so there's that. But I was an oddball and would dance in slips to the stereo all around the living room when I was like 7 or 8.

Then in the middle he mentioned that I had been going through a faith crisis, and trying to figure out what my path is to be. He nailed that! There is nothing on FB about that! And he didn't ask me anything about myself, I was pretty silent the whole time. The only thing he'd ask was a couple of names and who they were, other than that he said he preferred I didn't offer things at all. 

And he nailed that both my father-in-law and my dad died from heart conditions. My dad a heart attack, and FIL had heart failure, so there's that. Then toward the very end, a song came on the stereo that I had picked for my dad's funeral CD I made. It was absolutely awesome and I'm hoping it was not a coincidence. And no, he didn't have all songs on the stereo that had to do with loved ones moving one, I was paying attention to the songs. It was "Hero" by Mariah Carey. I'll post for your listening pleasure!

If this gave you comfort I am glad.  He may even have received true information from beyond the veil.

But revelation has many sources.  And that can even include google.  

On 12/7/2018 at 9:30 AM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

I apologize for the lack of clarity in my initial post. Like I said, this thread was not started in order to criticize any beliefs, but rather to help me find out others' opinions about the issue I have struggled with in my own life. 🙂

I just want the job of greeting atheists as they pass through the veil.

Edited by JLHPROF
  • Like 3

On 12/7/2018 at 2:56 PM, The Nehor said:

My husband does semi conductor circuit design. He kind of laughed. He said some of quantum electrodynamics works, but there is some real crazy quantum electrodynamics that they are not sure about yet. 

• Like 2

I try to understand what God wants for me and wants me to do. I try to be where he wants me to be. If, when trying to follow God, I don't get it right and he consigns me to hell that would be a cruel joke and makes me think I would prefer to live in hell than to live with someone who would treat his child this way. 

• Like 1

On December 3, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

In the afterlife, in case it turns out that your beliefs were not the correct ones and, because of this, God sentences you to eternity in hell, will you consider yourself wronged? Will you try to bring arguments to support your cause or will you obediently accept the sentence?

I think maybe worse than "Hell", is to live one's life second guessing every move or belief, out of fear that each decision "might" be wrong. This is also a favorite argument that Evangelicans love to use, to "plant the seed of doubt", in the minds of all who do not believe as they do. God has all knowledge, and he knows the heart of all who will stand before him, which means he truly knows who loved him, with all of their, "might, mind, and soul", and if there be any error, (honest error) and he wishes to burn them forever, then he is not, "all wise", nor "all loving", and therefore not the God of scripture.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:27 PM, JLHPROF said:

"Surpiiiiiiise!" ;) :D 

:rofl: :D :rofl: 

I don't think any kind of loving God would do that. None of us, or at least very few of us, have a perfect knowledge of the absolute truth. I would say I have a perfect knowledge of God but I really am not sure of anything beyond that. Since everything is so unclear in this life and the Spirit is hard to understand in general I think God understands. I don't believe the purpose here on earth is to know and believe everything. That comes in the eternities.

On 12/9/2018 at 4:27 PM, JLHPROF said:

Can I dress like a stereotypical red horned devil with a sharp pitchfork and stand next to you with a disturbing grin on my face while you do this?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Can I dress like a stereotypical red horned devil with a sharp pitchfork and stand next to you with a disturbing grin on my face while you do this?

Really though, which of us is the angel and which the devil?

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, JLHPROF said:

I wish I had been there when Stephen Hawking went through.  First, the astonishment of continuing instead of ending, then the joy of no longer being confined to technology to survive and communicate.