Seriously No Politics ×

Mike Stroud anyone?

58 minutes ago, Lemuel said:

Within that thread is linked this document about what Mike Stroud is teaching. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XItg5uozuqAfP_mxD91nuf6tlwOMwkWP9lAgDpcwoPY/mobilebasic?fbclid=IwAR0jXUIoAx78kLnBrLVsUn4A7OA4e5TcLEkEqaEtTFHuPnMHQSRc-iK8qzs

I have family who listen faithfully to this guy. This makes me more concerned.

1 minute ago, bsjkki said:

Within that thread is linked this document about what Mike Stroud is teaching. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XItg5uozuqAfP_mxD91nuf6tlwOMwkWP9lAgDpcwoPY/mobilebasic?fbclid=IwAR0jXUIoAx78kLnBrLVsUn4A7OA4e5TcLEkEqaEtTFHuPnMHQSRc-iK8qzs

I have family who listen faithfully to this guy. This makes me more concerned.

I haven't listened to Stroud's podcasts, but the google doc seems a bit strawmanish.

12 hours ago, JP3 said:

Pretty disgusting when people have to target others. Whoever did this WILL have their day in court too....but it will be with the King of Kings.  I hope they are ready.  

Whoever excommunicated Mike Stroud?  I'm not sure what you are referring to exactly.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but for those worried about Mike Stroud’s podcasts, you must not have listened to his Book of Mormon project. His insights are incredible and he spends a lot of time reminding the listener not to take his word for it, but instead to take it to the father and get their own confirmations of what His truth is. Isn’t the exactly what President Nelson told us all to day last year at general conference? I think we are all so afraid of looking left or right that we miss eternal truths that are hidden in plain sight. Mike’s words are very scripture based and meant to help us understand the gospel better, not lead us astray. 

1 hour ago, Schoolforjb said:

I know this is an old thread, but for those worried about Mike Stroud’s podcasts, you must not have listened to his Book of Mormon project. His insights are incredible and he spends a lot of time reminding the listener not to take his word for it, but instead to take it to the father and get their own confirmations of what His truth is. Isn’t the exactly what President Nelson told us all to day last year at general conference? I think we are all so afraid of looking left or right that we miss eternal truths that are hidden in plain sight. Mike’s words are very scripture based and meant to help us understand the gospel better, not lead us astray. 

I wonder then why he was ex’d

I can't copy Stroud's quotes, but this blog has some:  https://wheatandtares.org/2019/02/27/another-podcaster-excommunicated-but-maybe-not-for-the-reason-you-think/

I don't know the POV of the author, I am not suggesting they are right or wrong, just that the collection of his quotes might be helpful.