Sign in to follow this  
readstoomuch

Diagnosed with cancer on Tuesday

I just watched I Can Only Imagine with my kids.  We all cried and it is an excellent show.  My dad died at my age 25 years ago.  Here I am his age and diagnosed with a cancer that can be slow and  I don’t think I should tell my kids.  I’m crying about the movie, my dad, my first wife and of course about me.

I’m really torn up about what I should be doing in my life.  I worked very hard this month in my business and my bishop was out of town this month two Sundays.  I really enjoy my calling but it takes a toll on me.  Energy is the thing I don’t have an endless supply of.  Also time. I don’t want to be nothing, but trying to figure out the balance is challenging.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2018 at 2:32 AM, readstoomuch said:

I just watched I Can Only Imagine with my kids.  We all cried and it is an excellent show.  My dad died at my age 25 years ago.  Here I am his age and diagnosed with a cancer that can be slow and  I don’t think I should tell my kids.  I’m crying about the movie, my dad, my first wife and of course about me.

I’m really torn up about what I should be doing in my life.  I worked very hard this month in my business and my bishop was out of town this month two Sundays.  I really enjoy my calling but it takes a toll on me.  Energy is the thing I don’t have an endless supply of.  Also time. I don’t want to be nothing, but trying to figure out the balance is challenging.

Have you gone to the temple and had some prayer there yet? The Lord may have some insight for you in your situation

• Like 2

Thats really good advice.  I did right after I was diagnosed six weeks ago, but not since then.  

• Like 1

Readstoomuch, I have yet to respond to this post, I don't believe. I hope your health resumes back to normal quick. I'm glad that the "C" word is not always untreatable. Hope you're doing well!