kryoung1983

greater power and blessings that we have ever seen

I find it interesting that many have been focused on the time change, along with new curriculum, and have not noted a pretty noteworthy statement by President Nelson. In accordance with us truly honoring the savior whenever we make mention of the church he said to paraphrase, "that we would have the power of God and the blessings of the gospel poured out to an extent that we have not seen." Keep in mind last conference he also said some of the lords mightiest works were ahead, and he said his presidency would have "the end in Mind." Do you think in the not too distant future this promise has to do with more dramatic displays of revelation such as in the days of Joseph Smith or am I overthinking this promise? After all does he mean the power of God poured out to a greater extent then WE have seen, or is he talking about the entire history of the restoration, the beginning up to now. Because if he is promising the power of God to be poured out in greater measure then even in the days of Joseph that is a pretty bold proclamation! What do you think?

Here's the exact quote:

My dear brothers and sisters, I promise you that if we will do our best to restore the correct name of the Lord’s Church, He whose Church this is will pour down His power and blessings upon the heads of the Latter-day Saints, the likes of which we have never seen. We will have the knowledge and power of God to help us take the blessings of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people and to prepare the world for the Second Coming of the Lord.

It sounds to me like the second sentence is part of explaining the first.

• Like 2

That was an answer to one of my prayers.

I'm pretty pumped to be honest. President Nelson has been one of my favorite Apostles ever since I can remember! He is incredibly straightforward and very happy to go forward with change and start pushing the "wheat and tares" harvest. When he said that using the name Mormon is a major win with Satan I thought he was going to drop the mic and step down from the stage. I understand some of the concerns but I honestly haven't seen backlash to a prophetic statement in awhile! The harvest is picking up speed!

No one wants to know what I think, but that is exactly what I said about it,  but it applies to the LDS Church learning by the Holy Spirit to enter the first heaven as a mortals and enjoying the peace and joy of the meaning of the Sermon on the Mount, progressing up the step of the beatitudes, which is not about bodily activities, but it is about the spirit and soul.  Dramatic outer revelations to or from the flesh can be easily misinterpreted automatically by the carnal mind.  The light of the Holy Spirit will not deceive us about the kingdom of God within us.  The greatest miracles of Jesus are done silently in the heart and kept private.