Seriously No Politics ×

latterdaysaintdialogue.org / churchofjesuschristdialogue.org

Hey all, 

In a bit of hoopla from President Nelson's talk, I was prompted to buy latterdaysaintdialouge.org latterdaysaintdialogue.org & churchofjesuschristdialogue.org before someone else did. Probably silly as if those against the church or this board were watching GC twirling their mustaches on how to mess with this board. Did it anyway. 

Don't want anything for it. I would be glad to transfer it to whoever owns the board here. Contact me and I'll get it sent to you. (I imagine it is an easy transition.)

Edited by thatjimguy
3 hours ago, Alan said:

Please don't rename this forum.

Alan......good to see you my Brother!   My work transferred my Wife and I from Independence, Mo  back to Fort Worth, TX.   I will be retiring in 3 1/2 yrs if I can survive it!  haha

6 hours ago, thatjimguy said:

Hey all, 

In a bit of hoopla from President Nelson's talk, I was prompted to buy latterdaysaintdialouge.org latterdaysaintdialogue.org & churchofjesuschristdialogue.org before someone else did. Probably silly as if those against the church or this board were watching GC twirling their mustaches on how to mess with this board. Did it anyway. 

Don't want anything for it. I would be glad to transfer it to whoever owns the board here. Contact me and I'll get it sent to you. (I imagine it is an easy transition.)

Oh wow.  You know what I did a few weeks ago, largely along the same lines as you, I registered a couple of domain names (purely as a joke because these are WAY too long!)

membersofthechurchofjesuschristoflatter-daysaintsdialogue.com
membersofthechurchofjesuschristoflatter-daysaintsdialogue.org

8 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

We have critics having fun predicting this is in fact a plot to distance ourselves from the Book of Mormon so that we can disavow it later with minimal disruption.

Wow, the plot's afoot!

Losers.

1 hour ago, thatjimguy said:
5 hours ago, Gillebre said:

Why not just do ldsdialogue.org?

I think that it was said LDS was not to be used either. 70% sure. 

100% sure. 
President Nelson:
“And I might add that it’s not the Mormon Church. It’s not the LDS Church. It’s not the Church of the Latter-day Saints,” 
President Nelson speaks about using full, proper name of the Church during visit to Canada

13 hours ago, Alan said:

Please don't rename this forum.

When it was just a branding issue, there might have been a chance.  But if we are offending God with every page load (and have been doing so for the last 15 years), there can be no other way.

2 hours ago, RevTestament said:

I hear LDS.org will be up for sale...

They won't be selling it.  They'd be nuts to do it.  They will keep it, set it to automatically redirect to whatever domain they will be using instead.

I have a couple of domains that do that.

Unless the site owner wants to, there is no need to rename this site, or change the domain name.  This is a private entity.  If I don't miss my guess, the church doesn't care two figs about what this site does.