Seriously No Politics ×

Should the name of this discussion board change?

7 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

As I listen to President Nelson, it seems the name of this site should change. Anyone agree? I will start my “fast” tomorrow. This site will be the only challenge for me.

Of course it should change, but a new url might be a challenge.

Tough toenails, do it anyway 😉

We are now the RC's.

The Restored Church... of Jesus Christ, LDS.

I was raised RC, (Roman Catholic) so I guess I am no longer a convert. ;)

Yes, it is clear to me that all faithful members will do their best to change everything that can be changed.   What is interesting is that if all the social media that is faithful makes the change, it will be easy to tell the critics from the fully faithful places.

Dialogue and Discussion about the Restored Church of Jesus Christ   (maybe you don't change the url for a while or ever)

Edited by rpn
7 minutes ago, rpn said:

Yes, it is clear to me that all faithful members will do their best to change everything that can be changed.   What is interesting is that if all the social media that is faithful makes the change, it will be easy to tell the critics from the fully faithful places.

Dialogue and Discussion about the Restored Church of Jesus Christ   (maybe you don't change the url for a while or ever)

I don't think that would be a fair assessment. For some it will be much easier to change than others. Just as with all the church sites it will take time and money and we don't have knowledge of everyone's background so we shouldn't judge their faithfulness on this alone.

32 minutes ago, SouthernMo said:

According to President Nelson, calling this site anything ‘Mormon’ is offensive to God.

This is not an official website of the Church. I don't see any conflict with keeping the name of the website and respecting the prophet's declarations regarding the use of the name of the Church. 

24 minutes ago, Storm Rider said:

This is not an official website of the Church. I don't see any conflict with keeping the name of the website and respecting the prophet's declarations regarding the use of the name of the Church. 

Perhaps. I’m just pointing out President Nelson’s strong language.

It’s too bad President Hinkley offended god so much and encouraged others to do so with his “I’m a Mormon” campaign (which Satan gleefully supported).

I’m eager to read the transcript of his talk because so much of it made sense to me, but a few phrases if taken literally (how we should heed prophets at General Conference), I lack the faith to understand.

16 minutes ago, SouthernMo said:

What was said at the last General Conference that led you to think this board might change its name?

It wasn't Conference, it was 16th Aug. (Sorry for the mistake, I get confused due to health issues. It's the reason for rarely posting.)  Thought this board would change it's name, soon after the announcement.

If God is offended by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints not using the full name of the church, how can any variation including Latter-day Saint work?  

Honestly, I am so confused by what is expected on this name change issue.