Seriously No Politics ×

me and my word of wisdom goals.

i do not touch coffee alcohol cigarettes or drugs. i do once in a blue moon have green tea. god told me thats bad but its okay. i eat veggies and fruits no meats sometimes i have meat though. the caffeine is what gets me coffee and tea..... i drink soda and eat chocolates but thats not banned. 

ive been sober 6 years now. i quit coffee. 

6 hours ago, buffalospirit said:

i do not touch coffee alcohol cigarettes or drugs. i do once in a blue moon have green tea. god told me thats bad but its okay. i eat veggies and fruits no meats sometimes i have meat though. the caffeine is what gets me coffee and tea..... i drink soda and eat chocolates but thats not banned. 

ive been sober 6 years now. i quit coffee. 

15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. Mark 7

24 minutes ago, snowflake said:

15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. Mark 7

The Word of Wisdom is not about defiling a man. Mark is addressing the spiritual defilement of the soul/spirit. Nice try though, just not applicable in this context. 

1 hour ago, Storm Rider said:

Chocolates and soda have nothing to do with the Word of Wisdom. It might be helpful to read the 89th Section of the D&C again to clarify what it says and what it does not say. Don't add anything or take anything away from what is there.

i know that chocolate and soda are not mentioned in the word of wisdom. its just they are allowed. i drink gingler ale and eat carob for safe messusers incase its caffeine thats banned.

Caffeine has nothing to do with the Word of Wisdom either. In their zeal, many tried to understand why the Lord would choose certain things to drink or eat and not others. Some, even leaders, shared their opinion that caffeine must have been the culprit for God's decisions and choices regarding the Word of Wisdom. The problem is that their opinion has nothing to do with truth or the 89th Section of the D&C. 

The Word of Wisdom is a telestial law and it has nothing to do the Celestial kingdom. It is a covenant we observe at this time, but it is only temporary. 

Lastly, some think that chemicals are bad for the body. The problem is that everything that we consume is made of chemicals. We should be prudent in eat and drink, but to willy-nilly pick a chemical compound like caffeine as a great evil is not very intelligent. We strive to live in a healthy manner; to treat our bodies as a temple of God. Nothing more and nothing less. 

2 hours ago, snowflake said:

The Lord was trying teach a lesson about dirty pots, and obsessive cleaning, but not keeping the "inner vessel" clean. It is odd that people always ignore that part of the lesson. Ever since the Lord has had a covenant people, he has had dietary restrictions. The items in the Word of Wisdom, or our restrictions. If the Lord said no "grape koolaid", then I would not drink it, I trust his wisdom over my own, and seek the promised blessings.  

On 10/2/2018 at 3:54 PM, Storm Rider said:

Caffeine has nothing to do with the Word of Wisdom either. In their zeal, many tried to understand why the Lord would choose certain things to drink or eat and not others. Some, even leaders, shared their opinion that caffeine must have been the culprit for God's decisions and choices regarding the Word of Wisdom. The problem is that their opinion has nothing to do with truth or the 89th Section of the D&C. 

The Word of Wisdom is a telestial law and it has nothing to do the Celestial kingdom. It is a covenant we observe at this time, but it is only temporary. 

Lastly, some think that chemicals are bad for the body. The problem is that everything that we consume is made of chemicals. We should be prudent in eat and drink, but to willy-nilly pick a chemical compound like caffeine as a great evil is not very intelligent. We strive to live in a healthy manner; to treat our bodies as a temple of God. Nothing more and nothing less. 

The Word of Wisdom is specifically due to the evil designs of these days. My theory is that it is referring to Starbucks. ;) 

On 10/2/2018 at 4:44 PM, Storm Rider said:

The Word of Wisdom is not about defiling a man. Mark is addressing the spiritual defilement of the soul/spirit. Nice try though, just not applicable in this context. 

You should have kept reading......

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

5 hours ago, snowflake said:

You should have kept reading......

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Okay, Snowflake, what do you think verses 21 - 23 mean. Is it food or that which goes into the belly that defileth or something else? Now explain how what I stated conflicted with these verses. Then explain what these verses have in common with the Word of Wisdom.

Edited by Storm Rider