Sign in to follow this  
The Nehor

Nehor Rants About Online Dating

Try clearing your cookies. Then try making some more to take to a girl in the ward.

• Like 3

Okay, got semi-blown off today by someone I was talking to with the proviso that if I really actively persuaded her I was interested she would keep talking to me. Yeah, I have dated people who insist I prove myself endlessly. It never ends well and the tests never end. So, Buh-bye.

Blech, I hate this process.

Current Mood - Thinking of going back to my old process of finding dates:

On 9/23/2018 at 10:51 AM, gopher said:

This thread is waaayyy more interesting than the stuff going on right now in General.  I think you should go for broke.  Post your photo all over the internet, including this site.  Then wait for some nice young woman to see it and instantly fall in love.  Wait- maybe that only works for serial killers in prison.

There you go Nehor - become a serial killer, get caught, go to prison and you'll have lots of women wanting you.

13 minutes ago, mnn727 said:

There you go Nehor - become a serial killer, get caught, go to prison and you'll have lots of women wanting you.

Does serial killing come with dental? A pension plan?

10 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Does serial killing come with dental? A pension plan?

You get "3 hots and a cot" and free medical/dental/vision care -- once you get caught.

Bad part is, if you don't like the meal they're serving you can't run out for a burger.

Edited by mnn727

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Okay, got semi-blown off today by someone I was talking to with the proviso that if I really actively persuaded her I was interested she would keep talking to me. Yeah, I have dated people who insist I prove myself endlessly. It never ends well and the tests never end. So, Buh-bye.

Blech, I hate this process.

Current Mood - Thinking of going back to my old process of finding dates:

Maybe (just maybe) she's been dealing with guys who say they are interested but won't actually do anything about it, so she's just letting you know that she's only interested in people who are looking for actual relationships so if you aren't going to be active about it, don't bother.

I know that you have some baggage from people being dorks in the past and don't want to play games, but these girls do to and some of what they say and do probably comes from that baggage.  It might be helpful to give one a break now and then before writing her off, to see if maybe she's not as crazy as she seems.

Just a thought.  :) 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Maybe (just maybe) she's been dealing with guys who say they are interested but won't actually do anything about it, so she's just letting you know that she's only interested in people who are looking for actual relationships so if you aren't going to be active about it, don't bother.

I know that you have some baggage from people being dorks in the past and don't want to play games, but these girls do to and some of what they say and do probably comes from that baggage.  It might be helpful to give one a break now and then before writing her off, to see if maybe she's not as crazy as she seems.

Just a thought.  :) 

Maybe, but she was a little too condescending about it for my taste.

• Like 1

Where in Texas are you? We were in Central Texas up until a year ago.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:01 PM, Judd said:

Where in Texas are you? We were in Central Texas up until a year ago.

DFW area.

No luck lately. Such is life.

12 hours ago, The Nehor said:

DFW area.

Aw, Kelly Clarkson's hometown! BTW, don't give up Nehor! 

Don't give up!  My daughter downloaded the app again and tonight had a very nice date!

• Like 1

No matches or messages in the last week. Sent out a few.

Hope dwindling..................cynicism growing.

sgnwoin_823.jpg

• Like 2

Got messaged by one peach of a woman whose profile was a mess about how guys don’t have the testosterone to handle her. Whatever helps you sleep at night alone my friend.

Got another where she went on at length about how she has no filter.

defensive_profile_2x.png

Messaged two women who seemed interesting on Sunday. No response yet. Hopefully they are just including dating apps as part of their social media fast.

• Like 2

There may come a time when you will have to resort to the " Hugh Nibley Method " of dating. It might be an apocryphal story. YMMV.

On 10/4/2018 at 6:20 AM, The Nehor said:

DFW area.

What age range are you looking for? Have you ever gone to the Dallas 11th Ward (Singles Ward). That's where my wife went before we got married. They were not terribly strict about the over 30 rule - she was 36 at the time, and there were a number of people in their 30's (this was 20 years ago - we have not been back since she "graduated"). 

Edited by mnn727

34 minutes ago, mnn727 said:

What age range are you looking for? Have you ever gone to the Dallas 11th Ward (Singles Ward). That's where my wife went before we got married. They were not terribly strict about the over 30 rule - she was 36 at the time, and there were a number of people in their 30's (this was 20 years ago - we have not been back since she "graduated"). 

Mostly looking in 31 to 45 age range where I am roughly in the middle. I am too old for a YSA ward and my current ward needs me.

1 hour ago, strappinglad said:

There may come a time when you will have to resort to the " Hugh Nibley Method " of dating. It might be an apocryphal story. YMMV.

Which one. There are about a dozen myths of how he met his wife.

47 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Which one. There are about a dozen myths of how he met his wife.

The one about his response to a BYU Pres? that he would just go out and walk on campus and ask the first woman he saw.

2 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

The one about his response to a BYU Pres? that he would just go out and walk on campus and ask the first woman he saw.

I am not going to go be a creeper on a college campus.

6 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

I am not going to go be a creeper on a college campus.

I think Hugh was 36 when he married Phyllis, she was 20.

Edited by strappinglad

6 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

I think Hugh was 36 when he married Phyllis, she was 20.

Yeah, I know, I do not think that large of an age gap is for me. Maybe for my second wife.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Yeah, I know, I do not think that large of an age gap is for me. Maybe for my second wife.

Huh...after all this and forgive me if I should know...but how old are you? 

2 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

Huh...after all this and forgive me if I should know...but how old are you? 

8 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

You young pup....you are distiinquished looking by now.  Men have it made in that department.  I have decided you are picky!!!!!!😊

31 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

You young pup....you are distiinquished looking by now.  Men have it made in that department.  I have decided you are picky!!!!!!😊

And why shouldn’t I be?

Oh yeah.....the crippling loneliness. ;)