Seriously No Politics ×

Nehor Rants About Online Dating

The Nehor

Cancelled on one site and was immediately deluged with interest from women, supposedly in South America. I have my doubts that those are legitimate and suspect it is a tactic to get me to stay with the service. Not going to do it.

A little success, talking to someone. Not sure what will come of it.

Also ran into some more crazies. 

15 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

And the person I was talking to fell through because she found out I supported someone she did not in the mid-terms. I did not a big deal; she did.

Back to square 0.

Wow, sounds like maybe it's good she culled herself out of the herd.  Still stinks though.

46 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

And the person I was talking to fell through because she found out I supported someone she did not in the mid-terms. I did not a big deal; she did.

Back to square 0.

People make life so difficult.  So much simpler if we were all just animals. ;)

On 11/8/2018 at 2:52 PM, The Nehor said:

Back to square 0.

Politics are so divisive these days. I miss moderate politicians where it wasn’t such a big deal if people voted differently.  Or maybe I miss moderate people so that it wasn’t such a big deal.  I definitely miss civility. 

I dropped off all but one site and that one doesn’t have any action on it.  Taking a bit of a breather from trying to find someone for a bit—I mean it I met someone, that would be great, but just not going to be actively seeking for a few weeks, months....whatever.

2 hours ago, emeliza said:

Politics are so divisive these days. I miss moderate politicians where it wasn’t such a big deal if people voted differently.  Or maybe I miss moderate people so that it wasn’t such a big deal.  I definitely miss civility. 

I dropped off all but one site and that one doesn’t have any action on it.  Taking a bit of a breather from trying to find someone for a bit—I mean it I met someone, that would be great, but just not going to be actively seeking for a few weeks, months....whatever.

Yeah, I am getting close to taking a break again myself.

On 11/13/2018 at 7:10 AM, emeliza said:

On 11/13/2018 at 9:18 AM, The Nehor said:

Yeah, I am getting close to taking a break again myself.

Gosh, maybe the two of you should start corresponding...

GG

10 hours ago, The Nehor said:

And now I have a nice woman who has undoubtedly been crushed many times in her search who seems interested in me and the feeling is not mutual so I get the joy of crushing her optimism as mine has been crushed so many times.

I hate this.....

That's the worst!

• 1 month later...

We had a sister missionary here recently for 3 months and I knew her Aunt in the mission, great sister missionary, great family. Anyways, I never thought about her when she left. Well, on sunday this lady asked me what I thought about her and I said she was fun and great and nice and and then she asked me if I had her email and I had it just on FB though. Well, this lady emailed her and asked if she wanted to date me, I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo embarrassed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😵 she's like 20 and I am not and she lives in Utah and I don't , why would you say anything about dating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Duncan said:

We had a sister missionary here recently for 3 months and I knew her Aunt in the mission, great sister missionary, great family. Anyways, I never thought about her when she left. Well, on sunday this lady asked me what I thought about her and I said she was fun and great and nice and and then she asked me if I had her email and I had it just on FB though. Well, this lady emailed her and asked if she wanted to date me, I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo embarrassed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😵 she's like 20 and I am not and she lives in Utah and I don't , why would you say anything about dating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😂😂

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:53 PM, Duncan said:

Well, did she want to date you? 

If so, stop hyperventilating and at least start an email relationship.  

And don't let the age thing be a problem.  My wife is 9 years younger than I.  Her daughter chose a guy twice her age to marry, and they're doing great.  My late wife was 11 years older than I, and we managed to stretch it out to 35 years. 

2 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Well, did she want to date you? 

If so, stop hyperventilating and at least start an email relationship.  

And don't let the age thing be a problem.  My wife is 9 years younger than I.  Her daughter chose a guy twice her age to marry, and they're doing great.  My late wife was 11 years older than I, and we managed to stretch it out to 35 years. 

she has a "love interest" and no, I am not interested in her, in that way anyways!

Update:

Had a date last week. Did not go well. Very nice but nothing clicked and nothing much in common in terms of interests or goals.

Had an interview with a member of the Stake Presidency and he passed on some counsel about Single Adults he got from an Apostle which I appreciated and helped me a bit. Also got a tidbit of revelation that is making my current situation marginally more bearable.

Cancelled one place I was looking for dates. Leaving one more but it is doubtful I will have success at this point. Such is life I guess.

5 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Update:

Had a date last week. Did not go well. Very nice but nothing clicked and nothing much in common in terms of interests or goals.

Had an interview with a member of the Stake Presidency and he passed on some counsel about Single Adults he got from an Apostle which I appreciated and helped me a bit. Also got a tidbit of revelation that is making my current situation marginally more bearable.

Cancelled one place I was looking for dates. Leaving one more but it is doubtful I will have success at this point. Such is life I guess.

I know Elder and Sister Renlund's only child is single. I'd be interested in why she is single, or what her dating experiences have been like. Maybe now that her Dad is in the Q12 she has no end to male suitors who only want access to her dad? that would be an unenviable position to be in! Not that you are like that obviously but talk about awko taco 

I had a similar problem when I was the only member apparently who had a VHS copy of Weird Al's "UHF" the phone was ringing off the hook! I watched that so many times now, it finally gave up the ghost👻

Edited by Duncan

This is so weird.

I feel a bit guilty, when for some reason I have never lacked long for a wife, and others who have looked long and frustratingly hard for a spouse just haven't had success.  I wish I could donate to the "cause" and help alleviate the problem!  But there's no charity for this.

@Duncan  and @The Nehor: I wish you well and hope for your success in this worthy endeavor.

Edited by Stargazer
5 hours ago, Stargazer said:

This is so weird.

I feel a bit guilty, when for some reason I have never lacked long for a wife, and others who have looked long and frustratingly hard for a spouse just haven't had success.  I wish I could donate to the "cause" and help alleviate the problem!  But there's no charity for this.

@Duncan  and @The Nehor: I wish you well and hope for your success in this worthy endeavor.

My divorced brother-in-law can't seem to find the right one despite going with a huge group either hiking, repelling, snow shoeing, sledding after the hike up, nearly every weekend and volley ball once  week, and he's in his fifties. I guess the women that are single as well in this group don't seem to want to settle down as much, there might be a few that do. It may or may not be generational. I know my BIL Gary does have a few needs such as a wife putting up with his love of hunting and needing certain hunting things on the wall, because the last serious relationship he had, the woman didn't want his stuff on the wall in the living room and Gary dropped her that fast! So it's a give and take situation. It's probably easier to marry if you're young and don't get too set in our ways, don't know.