Seriously No Politics ×

Near Death Experiences and Out of Body Experiences

11 hours ago, 6EQUJ5 said:

It is disturbing that you are reducing heavenly visitations to mere random firing of neurons in the brain.  NDEs can be reproduced — IN THEIR ENTIRETY — in a lab environment.

One might be able to reproduce the "light" that is commonly cited in these experiences but I am not sure if one has reproduced an experience in a lab where people have fairly detailed conversations with dead relatives.  There experiences are not dreams or like dreams.  The people who have had a NDE have experienced thousands of dreams in their life and they do not characterize them as like dreams.  There is a big difference between a NDE and a dream. 

12 hours ago, carbon dioxide said:

NDE usually result in people making changes in their life for the better. 

We moved to our present home three years ago.  In the course of several casual conversations with my next-door neighbor, about house maintenance and dogs and other mundane things, I could see there was something different about him.  He gave off a particular good vibe that was unusually confident and peaceful.   I began to wonder if he'd had a near-death experience..

So one day out of the blue I said to him,  "I have a question for you.  Have you ever died?" 

Without hesitation he replied, "Yes I have."

Point being, the effect on a person can be so profound you can see it even in casual interactions.. 

Edited by Eek!