Seriously No Politics ×

Observations on 5+ months of being "clean"

poptart

Thought i'd share, been 5 or so months since I partook of one of the benefits of living in a state like CO.  Can say while it was nice, it's not a deal breaker in life, especially since my new career frowns upon it.  I know some of you have relatives/friends who partake and am wondering if you notice things like a lack of motivation in them.  I can say that my mind is quite a bit more clear and my cognative abilities are quite a bit sharper.  Part of it too is well, a lot of the bad things I had to deal with over the years kinda sorted themselves out earlier this year so I came to the point where I figured enough is enough, I have no excuse and am about to start down the path on a new career where that could cost me everything, so here I am now.  I still have one friend I know of who is a total pothead and well, it's like nothings changed since the old days except he's not nearly as healthy as I am.  Think what bothers me is neither one of us are in HS anymore and that's when things start to count physically.   I've heard the debate before as I'm sure many of us have, alcohol is evil man, weed is a much safer alternative.  I would agree to a point, that being either abstiance or hit it and quit it, but when I see stoners on 420 getting about as high as any drunk?  Well, that's where I draw the line.  As someone who's on the road to being a medical professional as well as someone who had a very violent alcoholic father I can say I would agree, a raging pothead would be the lesser of the two evils, toss him/her a bag of dorritos and call it good, would I condone it?  No!  If my career takes me to the glorious north where it's now legal?  I may partake of the ocasional edible, if my body can handle it but even then that may be once in a great while, when i'm snowed in and have nothing else better to do. 

That being said, I may do a study someday when i'm older, i've always been curious of the long term affects of marijuana and since the USA is probably a long ways away from legalization Canada may be my best bet.  I am especially curious about the long term cognitive affects and considering how a lot of my friends were growing up and how a lot of adults my age are i'll have no issues at all collecting data.

When you reach..enough is enough..your whole life can change.  You have my love and unconditional support in all of those changes.  Many hugs Poptart!  Oh...but if you are addicted to Carrot Cake..I dunno...that is a tough one to break.  I LOVE Carrot Cake!!

8 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

When you reach..enough is enough..your whole life can change.  You have my love and unconditional support in all of those changes.  Many hugs Poptart!  Oh...but if you are addicted to Carrot Cake..I dunno...that is a tough one to break.  I LOVE Carrot Cake!!

That stuff goes right to my hips and butt, grrrr