Seriously No Politics ×

Modesty issues...again

19 minutes ago, jkwilliams said:

I am genuinely shocked that you consider it a legitimate source. 

Chalk it up to my shameless egalitarianism. Or eclecticism.

Nemesis' Law: The longer a discussion goes on the more likely it is to be derailed through insults. Further disruptions will be resolved by post and/or poster removals. 

Hear hear!

Edited by Scott Lloyd
Just now, The Nehor said:

Probably not. Hopefully not.

Unless you are incredibly irrational. I don't mean that in a misogynistic way. Many people (men and women) share concerns with my Bishop that are....well.....bonkers. I try to show patience with one of the people who does this as I am beginning to wonder if they suffer from paranoid schizophrenia. It would explain a lot.

I’m not too bonkers and mostly complain when they don’t communicate callings and releases with me. I avoid discussing “women’s issues” with my Priesthood leaders. The one time I brought up a personal concern... I never heard back from them about it...ever.

5 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

I’m not too bonkers and mostly complain when they don’t communicate callings and releases with me. I avoid discussing “women’s issues” with my Priesthood leaders. The one time I brought up a personal concern... I never heard back from them about it...ever.

Back when I was elders quorum president, it became clear to me that most of the real work in the ward was done by the sisters. It’s kind of odd that they didn’t get much credit it for it and had to answer to the men for major decisions. 

15 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

I avoid discussing “women’s issues” with my Priesthood leaders.

Both our ward council and our stake council begin with the female members bringing up specific women’s issues. This was a directive from our area president. It seems to work better at a stake level for some reason. Or maybe it’s just that the ward has been pretty good at this for some time?

Edited by Hamba Tuhan
54 minutes ago, juliann said:

Scott, seriously....start your own thread to defend modesty. I'm pretty sure all we women could make a pact to stay out of it and not interfere and you guys could party all night. This is bsjkki's OP so it's not your call.  

Your post reminded of the time when a member from this board started a discussion forum about women's issues, now I've forgotten what it was called. Can you remember? 

And I appreciate this thread, I think as hard as it is on our friendships on this board, things need to get said.

1 hour ago, juliann said:

I know! I will leave the thread if you will.  Man tears soften my heart so I came up with a solution that should work for both of us. 

Otherwise, I  guess I will continue to be a stalking bully, vomiting opprobrium as I slander, insult and accuse.  

Thanks, Juliann. This will be my next to the last post on Mormondialogue. My last one will be in the Social Hall. It’s been a great experience. 

4 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

Thanks, Juliann. This will be my next to the last post on Mormondialogue. My last one will be in the Social Hall. It’s been a great experience. 

I'm surprised that you won't accept the offer for both of us to leave the thread. 

Sorry to see you go.

Deleted

Edited by Bernard Gui

My PB (patriarchal blessing) said I was a peacemaker, hoping what it says will give me clout. Hoping the discussion will get noticed and adherred to but at the same time, let our differences not define our relationships/feelings for forever. And let this just be debates as friends. That's all folks! 

20 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Your post reminded of the time when a member from this board started a discussion forum about women's issues, now I've forgotten what it was called. Can you remember? 

And I appreciate this thread, I think as hard as it is on our friendships on this board, things need to get said.

MormonWomenConnect probably...

I think this woman may have found a interesting solution. 😉 

https://qz.com/916148/switching-to-mens-clothing-taught-me-that-the-world-doesnt-want-women-to-get-too-comfortable/

“Then, several months ago, I began wearing men’s clothing. Among the major advantages I’ve discovered so far: plentiful pockets, simpler dressing decisions, and easier temperature control. But the biggest revelation for me was the huge difference in my physical and emotional comfort. I’m a forthright, intellectual woman who’s never had a problem with confidence. But I’ve spent 20 years wearing clothes designed to make me feel ill at ease—in both my body and mind.”

10 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

I think this woman may have found a interesting solution. 😉 

https://qz.com/916148/switching-to-mens-clothing-taught-me-that-the-world-doesnt-want-women-to-get-too-comfortable/

“Then, several months ago, I began wearing men’s clothing. Among the major advantages I’ve discovered so far: plentiful pockets, simpler dressing decisions, and easier temperature control. But the biggest revelation for me was the huge difference in my physical and emotional comfort. I’m a forthright, intellectual woman who’s never had a problem with confidence. But I’ve spent 20 years wearing clothes designed to make me feel ill at ease—in both my body and mind.”

I much prefer men's pjs.  Long enough arms and legs.