My husband and I were both converts. Things happened in the wards we were at and a few months ago we pulled our membership. We are in the process of moving to. Boise, Idaho. We want to come back. What do we need to do?

When you say you "Pulled your membership" what exactly does that mean -- it has bearing on the process.

Posted (edited)

Do you want to start the process before you move or wait until you are in your new neighbourhood?

Either way, you can go to LDS.org and look up what would be your local ward if you don't already know it and set up an appointment with the bishop and he can let you know what to expect and what would be expected of you.

I will get a link for you.

https://www.lds.org/maps/meetinghouses/?cid=HP16FDM&lang=eng

bishops name and phone number will be there.

Edited by Calm
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, dragonflyprincess1965 said:

My husband and I were both converts. Things happened in the wards we were at and a few months ago we pulled our membership. We are in the process of moving to. Boise, Idaho. We want to come back. What do we need to do?

This depends on what you mean by "pulled our membership".  

If you simply stopped coming, then simply start coming again.  If you want to start coming to your new ward and to have your records transferred there, simply ask your new ward's secretary and he'll get it done.

If you mean you official resigned, got an official acknowledgement from church headquarters, etc, then you will need to be re-baptized.  Of course in the meantime (and always) you are always welcome to attend services.  

• Like 4

23 hours ago, dragonflyprincess1965 said:

Boise is a beautiful place, and I have relatives there.  Once you get settled, visit your local bishop.  He will bring you back in.  It may take a year, but you will be greeted with love during the entire process.  Sorry to hear that things didn't work out in your previous ward.  Sometimes things just don't go right.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:20 PM, dragonflyprincess1965 said:

1. If you just withdrew your attendance and activity from your ward -- i.e. stopped attending and being active -- you can just show up at your new ward (see Meetinghouse Locator for the address) and give your information to your new bishop/membership clerk, and they will request your membership records be sent to the ward.
  2. If you actually took the step of resigning your membership -- i.e. requested your names be removed from the records of the church, and the action actually took place -- then it's going to be a bit more involved.  If there aren't any unresolved transgressions that need to be addressed (either committed before or after name removal), then it will probably take a least a year to be readmitted, which means you'll be rebaptised and confirmed.  Priesthood ordinations and temple work are not automatically restored -- for those a special ordinance called "Restoration of Blessings" must be performed, which requires First Presidency approval. The First Presidency will not consider an application for Restoral of Blessings for at least a year after rebaptism.

In both cases, once you have relocated, contact the bishop over the geographic area you live in to request whichever of the above you need. That's step 1.

Edited by Stargazer