flameburns623

Bill Reel announces he faces impending Bishop's Court

4 minutes ago, SouthernMo said:

@Duncan you seem to perhaps be in a quagmire between a couple of forum guidelines.

Would you be willing to respond in greater detail to the CFR if a moderator allows you a temporary reprieve and gives you all the latitude you need to make your case/point more convincingly?

That's what I said! and I hope everyone keeps in mind the OP that started this whole snowball down the mountain said he was unclear  about things as well. I think I have given direction and said things enough times and if people have trouble with it then so be it. If I gave it "more convincingly" that would derail the thread but I am not going to start another thread and have everyone mad or whatever. I'm watching TV besides😌

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Raingirl said:

This might win the award for most hypocritical post ever. 

who did i call a name without facts?  Elder Holland?  I have and am happy to give facts.

2 minutes ago, Duncan said:

That's what I said! and I hope everyone keeps in mind the OP that started this whole snowball down the mountain said he was unclear  about things as well. I think I have given direction and said things enough times and if people have trouble with it then so be it. If I gave it "more convincingly" that would derail the thread but I am not going to start another thread and have everyone mad or whatever. I'm watching TV besides😌

Awesome. I think that’s a great resolution.

If a moderator is reading this - can you grant @Duncan whatever he needs to show definitively that @DBMormon intentionally omitted important information and thus was untruthful?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I wanted to like one of Bill Reel's posts (dbmormon). Why is that feature not enabled on his posts??

Edited by churchistrue

12 minutes ago, SouthernMo said:

@Duncan you seem to perhaps be in a quagmire between a couple of forum guidelines.

Would you be willing to respond in greater detail to the CFR if a moderator allows you a temporary reprieve and gives you all the latitude you need to make your case/point more convincingly?

That's a great idea (compromise).  Mods?

(Because so far, the one link Duncan posted can't be seen by some and it seems those who can, have no idea where to look).

I thought CFR responses needed to be more definite as to what to read or which quote supported the claim?  Has that changed?

And yes, we all love Duncan!!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SouthernMo said:

Awesome. I think that’s a great resolution.

If a moderator is reading this - can you grant @Duncan whatever he needs to show definitively that @DBMormon intentionally omitted important information and thus was untruthful?

but that's the issue, I already did and to me and others it violates policy and derails the thread, thanks

Edited by Duncan

1 minute ago, churchistrue said:

I wanted to like one of Bill Reel's posts (dbmormon). Why is that feature not enabled on his posts??

Because he is on limited status.

IOW he has run afoul of moderation and been placed on a status that limits the number of posts he can makes and does not allow others to grant him rep points and, I think, he cannot give rep points either, nor can he start threads.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Duncan said:

but that's the issue, I already did and to me and others it violates policy, thanks

You already did what?  Posted quotes and references supporting your accusations?

(And, why are you having an issue deciding whether or not to violate policy if you've already done so?  I must be missing something! )

Can you repost your references, Duncan? 

(If you're referring to the Facebook link, no one can tell what you're referring to.....if that's the link you mean, can you elaborate or be more specific?  Thanks.)

(And, I'll check back later as I'm really off of here now....thanks in advance, Duncan :) )

Edited by ALarson
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, ALarson said:

You already did what?  Posted quotes and references supporting your accusations?

(And, why are you having an issue deciding whether or not to violate policy if you've already done so?  I must be missing something! )

Can you repost your references, Duncan? 

(If you're referring to the Facebook link, no one can tell what you're referring to.....if that's the link you mean, can you elaborate or be more specific?  Thanks.)

(And, I'll check back later as I'm really off of here now....thanks in advance, Duncan :) )

I said this 4 hours ago to another poster, "read his FB post about Isaiah and his podcast about the Gold Plates" Tacenda sent a link to the FB and I provided a link to the gold plates but I am repeating myself over and over and I am uber bored with it, plus I got the missionaries coming for supper on friday and I have to find little American Flags for their cupcakes so I have things to do🍰

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 4

Brother Reel,

i know you’ve been reading this thread and I know you have no reason to take anything I say to heart. But I feel like I should say something to you. Don’t throw away your membership in the Church if you can avoid it. The blessings, especially the gift of the Holy Ghost and the priesthood, are too precious. I encouraging you to fast and pray before this council. Listen to the promptings of the Spirit. Study the scriptures.

please think  about it

• Like 3

I have found myself not feeling like I should have to respond ad nauseam to negative ideas.  Most of the time I don’t post then.  With Bill, like most critics, the answer is long and detailed. I’ll take two items though.  The Church as an abusive parent.  I find that there have been issues with the Church, but by and far very nourishing and supportive.  Helen Mar Kimball.  14 year old wife of Joseph Smith.  Helen Mar Kimballs story is far more complex than the one liner about how terrible Joseph was.  Not a bunch of evidence about sex, etc.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Raingirl said:

This might win the award for most hypocritical post ever. 

I'm with Bill on this one.  Just say where Bill has lied.  I am unaware of any lies by Bill and would be interested to see why you think he is being hypocritical.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CA Steve said:

Because he is on limited status.

IOW he has run afoul of moderation and been placed on a status that limits the number of posts he can makes and does not allow others to grant him rep points and, I think, he cannot give rep points either, nor can he start threads.

You can recognize those of us on limited because we abide all rules and are generally kind to all.  Posters who violate rules and are defending the brethren or other such positions are heartily supported by the mods.  

Can’t help i.  I’ve been on and off limited and have never been made aware of any rules I’ve broken.  I’m frequently banned from threads and I believe this last time I’ve been limited for the past year.  

28 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I said this 4 hours ago to another poster, "read his FB post about Isaiah and his podcast about the Gold Plates" Tacenda sent a link to the FB and I provided a link to the gold plates but I am repeating myself over and over and I got the missionaries coming for supper on friday and I have to find little American Flags for their cupcakes so I have things to do🍰

I thought Canada stopped granting VISAs to US missionaries.  What's going on up there?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, USU78 said:

I thought Canada stopped granting VISAs to US missionaries.  What's going on up there?

I don't know! Maybe they slipped in under the wire! they're young, they run fast! Mind you we have a sister from Indonesia, which is pretty cool!

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

but that's the issue, I already did and to me and others it violates policy and derails the thread, thanks

I don’t think others would mind you posting your sources - if a moderator grants you permission.

I think adding more clear sources you’ve alluded to would strengthen your claim and vindicate your position.

Looking forward to the moderator’s decision/response, and more important: your references.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Duncan said:

I said this 4 hours ago to another poster, "read his FB post about Isaiah and his podcast about the Gold Plates"

That’s way too general, Duncan.  Many can’t view FB and what specifically did he do to deceive or was dishonest about?  What in the podcast (specifically or a quote) do you feel is dishonest?  What was dishonest about Isaiah?  The gold plates?

Unless rules have changed here, I doubt that’s acceptable as a response to a CFR:

Edited by JulieM

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SouthernMo said:

I don’t think others would mind you posting your sources - if a moderator grants you permission.

I think adding more clear sources you’ve alluded to would strengthen your claim and vindicate your position.

Looking forward to the moderator’s decision/response, and more important: your references.

I hope the mods allow him to elaborate too and give quotes and references.

Edited by JulieM

2 minutes ago, JulieM said:

That’s way too general, Duncan.  Many can’t view FB and what specifically did he do to deceive or be dishonest about?  What in the podcast (specifically or a quote) do you feel is dishonest?  

we are going around in circles here and i'm getting dizzy

6 hours ago, Calm said:

It is one of the reasons I so dislike podcasts...how can you tell there has been an omission (intentional or not) unless you listen to the whole thing and even then you may have missed something.

I tend to listen to podcasts later in the evening when I am tired of reading and have a little extra time before bed.  Generally, I prefer to get my information through reading. I read a lot faster than I listen.  Also, you can quickly refer back to transcripts.  It is much harder with podcasts.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Raingirl said:

Edited by sunstoned

Editor problems.  Sorry.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Calm said:

It is one of the reasons I so dislike podcasts...

I agree.  I don’t listen to podcasts.  When I can access them, it’s not at all convenient for me.  I really prefer just reading information.  

That's why just giving a podcast as a reference, is way too broad and there’s no way to know which part of the podcast they are referring to.  

Edited by JulieM

4 minutes ago, JulieM said:

I agree.  I don’t listen to podcasts.  When I can access them, it’s not at all convenient for me.  I really prefer just reading information.  

That's why just giving a podcast as a reference, is way too broad and there’s no way to know which part of the podcast they are referring to.  

And if it is an omission, it isn't what is there, but what isn't, so you can't give a time reference.  In a paper, at least with omissions someone checking may be able do a " search" on terms to see if it is actually mentioned.

• Like 2