Seriously No Politics ×

Live webcam of Telestial kingdom

cdowis

2 hours ago, strappinglad said:

Gee, all that from watching train tracks. ;)

Here is a question == what are you going to talk about for eternity in the telestial kingdom?  Say, you converse with people for  a thousand years, and then what do you talk about?  You've said it all, what else  can you talk about for the next hundred billion years.

Yeah, watching train tracks.  No marriage, no family. 

Edited by cdowis
6 hours ago, cdowis said:

Interesting that you seem to know and understand that physical transformation of the earth.  Tell us how one would distinguish this process from a "remnant of a star" as an astronomer would view it. 

Based on my understanding of the scriptures, glorification of planets is done by God with the power of the priesthood fairly instantaneously.  That diamond planet is not glorified and probably took several hundred years or millennia for it to lose all its fuel to its brown dwarf companion.  I do not think it necessary to understand the physical process.  The scriptures frequently talk of rolling (or unrolling) the Heavens and/or the Earth.  It is my considered opinion that this could mean shifting from one set of dimensions to another (part of the process of transfiguration).

I asked you how you know it was a star, and not a glorified planet.  Your answer -- " That diamond planet is not glorified",  "probably took several hundred years or millennia for it to lose all its fuel to its brown dwarf companion.."

My answer is "Yes it is a glorified planet" and I know in the same way you do.   It is my considered opinion that it was probably a divine process, so it must be true.

33 minutes ago, longview said:

Based on my understanding of the scriptures, glorification of planets is done by God with the power of the priesthood fairly instantaneously.  That diamond planet is not glorified and probably took several hundred years or millennia for it to lose all its fuel to its brown dwarf companion.  I do not think it necessary to understand the physical process.  The scriptures frequently talk of rolling (or unrolling) the Heavens and/or the Earth.  It is my considered opinion that this could mean shifting from one set of dimensions to another (part of the process of transfiguration).

Edited by cdowis
11 hours ago, cdowis said:

I asked you how you know it was a star, and not a glorified planet.

I am simply taking at face value the scientific article that was linked to that conjectured the long term evolution of the star becoming a diamond planet and the dynamics of the companion brown dwarf that sucked away all its fuel.  Did the process take a few million years or a billion?   I really don't care but the point is this was a natural process.  Whereas the transfiguration of Earth will be done at God's command (the Word of His Power) which will be accomplished practically instantaneously (I am guessing less than a week).

10 minutes ago, longview said:

I am simply taking at face value the scientific article that was linked to that conjectured the long term evolution of the star becoming a diamond planet and the dynamics of the companion brown dwarf that sucked away all its fuel.  Did the process take a few million years or a billion?   I really don't care but the point is this was a natural process.  Whereas the transfiguration of Earth will be done at God's command (the Word of His Power) which will be accomplished practically instantaneously (I am guessing less than a week).

It was indeed a natural process, and the astronomers are using their very limited knowledge to explain it.  I am suggesting an alternative process based on an observation of an event predicted  in the scriptures.

And that is how science works, nicht wahr.  The atheists smugly demand such scientific evidence, and there it is.  Was this brown drwarf theory ad hoc or did someone predict it.

Edited by cdowis
24 minutes ago, cdowis said:

The atheists smugly demand such scientific evidence, and there it is.

They can have their fossils, their observations, their experiments, whatever but they cannot claim their conjectures are correct ones.  It is possible to have more than one possible interpretations for the same evidence.  Or even have more than one narrative for what transpired over centuries, millennia, epochs, etc.