cdowis

Live webcam of Telestial kingdom

Something exciting just happened

something exciting.JPG

Posted (edited)

image.png.61a41ac0d6bdfa44329a5b0a1f35c5cd.png

something exciting.JPG

Edited by cdowis

I watched for several minutes before I got the concept. I am SLOW today.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, strappinglad said:

I watched for several minutes before I got the concept. I am SLOW today.

I still haven't figured it out.

Unless the message is that the telestial kingdom will be dead boring.

I don't know what we're supposed to be seeing. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2018 at 5:43 AM, Stargazer said:

You got the message.  The most exciting thing is when the train arrives.   Take a look at how many people are actually viewing and chatting, just waiting to see the train.

We are now in a telestial world, and is this what you want for eternity?  The next time you wonder whether the Gospel is worth the effort, just watch this video.

Edited by cdowis

22 hours ago, MorningStar said:

I don't know what we're supposed to be seeing. 

Be patient.

Nice and quiet, not bad.  From the looks of it, bet the place has a low population density, plenty of woodland, not bad.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 3:43 AM, Stargazer said:

The telestial kingdom of glory is not the dreary telestial world we currently live in. We currently live on planet Earth in a pre-millennial condition.  We believe that "that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory."  AofF 10b.

15 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

The telestial kingdom of glory is not the dreary telestial world we currently live in. We currently live on planet Earth in a pre-millennial condition.  We believe that "that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory."  AofF 10b.

I was just trying to interpret what cdowis was trying to say. I certainly don't think the telestial will be boring.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 3:11 AM, Robert F. Smith said:

The earth will not be the location of the Telestial Kingdom.

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2018 at 6:59 PM, Stargazer said:

I was just trying to interpret what cdowis was trying to say. I certainly don't think the telestial will be boring.

Stalin and Hitler will be residents there, so, in that sense, it will not be boring if you enjoy the eternal companionship of such individuals.  👺

Edited by cdowis

14 hours ago, cdowis said:

The earth will not be the location of the Telestial Kingdom.

So what, pray tell, is the interim state of Earth during the Millennium?

2 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

So what, pray tell, is the interim state of Earth during the Millennium?

It will be in a Terrestrial state, meaning its paradisiacal glory.  During that time, Celestial resurrections will be ongoing (morning of the First Resurrection) followed by Terrestrial resurrections (the afternoon).  I suppose Telestial resurrection will begin after the end of the Millennium?

Meanwhile, all Telestial beings will remain as disembodied spirits in Spirit Prison.  They will probably will be able to observe the events on Millennial earth.  If they are not occupied with burning punishments or suffering the buffetings of Satan.

Related image

• Like 1

7 hours ago, longview said:

It will be in a Terrestrial state, meaning its paradisiacal glory.  During that time, Celestial resurrections will be ongoing (morning of the First Resurrection) followed by Terrestrial resurrections (the afternoon).  I suppose Telestial resurrection will begin after the end of the Millennium?

Interesting thought.  I do wonder if there are truly no Terrestrial or Telestial resurrections until all Celestial ones are done.  No overlap?

7 hours ago, longview said:

Meanwhile, all Telestial beings will remain as disembodied spirits in Spirit Prison.  They will probably will be able to observe the events on Millennial earth.  If they are not occupied with burning punishments or suffering the buffetings of Satan.

Yes, but I doubt that they will be able to observe the Millennial earth -- the teaching of these spirits will have to the last, because new ones will always be arriving, until the Millennium ends and everything is wrapped up. That means that they must be kept within the veil.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 5:12 AM, Stargazer said:

Interesting thought.  I do wonder if there are truly no Terrestrial or Telestial resurrections until all Celestial ones are done.  No overlap?

Yes, I feel pretty confident.  I would think Jehovah is anxious to qualify all who are willing to covenant to fully embrace the PURPOSE of Elohim.  Which is to:  1- recruit intelligences to become spirit children;  2- propose the next Plan of Happiness (the next Eternal Round);  3- to qualify the next generation of the gods.  There 3 degrees in the Celestial Kingdom.  The highest degree can only be entered into by couples that have faithfully kept their Temple Covenants and endured all the refining tests.  I have no info on what it takes to enter the 2nd and 3rd degrees.

There would be no rush for resurrecting lower orders.  Jehovah probably would want to keep the missionary efforts going full steam (to the bitter end, both on earth and in Spirit Prison).  Some may have to suffer for their own sins (having taken lightly their opportunity for applying the Power of the Atonement during mortality).

On 8/6/2018 at 5:12 AM, Stargazer said:

Yes, but I doubt that they will be able to observe the Millennial earth -- the teaching of these spirits will have to the last, because new ones will always be arriving, until the Millennium ends and everything is wrapped up. That means that they must be kept within the veil.

I do believe that people in Spirit Prison have the veil of forgetfulness over their minds.  However, if I understand the verse in D&C 38:8, the veil of darkness (forgetfulness) will be taken OFF everyone at the Second Coming of the Savior.  That includes both residents of earth and occupants of Spirit Prison.

I do NOT believe there will be any impediments to missionary work in Spirit Prison.  There could be any number of groups and individuals in various stages of preparation and qualification.  The arrival of the recently departed souls will not effect the on-going work.  They will merely be assigned to an existing group or they can be lumped in a batch of new arrivals.  Review the vision of Joseph F. Smith:

D&C 138:  30 But behold, from among the righteous, he organized his forces and appointed messengers, clothed with power and authority, and commissioned them to go forth and carry the light of the gospel to them that were in darkness, even to all the spirits of men; and thus was the gospel preached to the dead.  31 And the chosen messengers went forth to declare the acceptable day of the Lord and proclaim liberty to the captives who were bound, even unto all who would repent of their sins and receive the gospel.  32 Thus was the gospel preached to those who had died in their sins, without a knowledge of the truth, or in transgression, having rejected the prophets.  33 These were taught faith in God, repentance from sin, vicarious baptism for the remission of sins, the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, 34 And all other principles of the gospel that were necessary for them to know in order to qualify themselves that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.  35 And so it was made known among the dead, both small and great, the unrighteous as well as the faithful, that redemption had been wrought through the sacrifice of the Son of God upon the cross.

1 hour ago, longview said:

Yes, I feel pretty confident.  I would think Jehovah is anxious to qualify all who are willing to covenant to fully embrace the PURPOSE of Elohim.  Which is to:  1- recruit intelligences to become spirit children;  2- propose the next Plan of Happiness (the next Eternal Round);  3- to qualify the next generation of the gods.  There 3 degrees in the Celestial Kingdom.  The highest degree can only be entered into by couples that have faithfully kept their Temple Covenants and endured all the refining tests.  I have no info on what it takes to enter the 2nd and 3rd degrees.

Yeah, me neither.  But I suspect that some who inherit the 2nd or 3rd, AND who are sealed to a spouse, may eventually be "promoted" to the 1st.  Whereas those who are not, cannot be.

There would be no rush for resurrecting lower orders.  Jehovah probably would want to keep the missionary efforts going full steam (to the bitter end, both on earth and in Spirit Prison).  Some may have to suffer for their own sins (having taken lightly their opportunity for applying the Power of the Atonement during mortality).

Yes, I am pretty sure that is the case.

I do believe that people in Spirit Prison have the veil of forgetfulness over their minds.  However, if I understand the verse in D&C 38:8, the veil of darkness (forgetfulness) will be taken OFF everyone at the Second Coming of the Savior.  That includes both residents of earth and occupants of Spirit Prison.

Uh, I don't think that is what it means.  The verse in question,

But the day soon cometh that ye shall see me, and know that I am; for the veil of darkness shall soon be rent, and he that is not purified shall not abide the day.

when taken in context, does not describe something that would happen in the spirit world, but here. "Ye shall see me" is not addressed to anyone other than the living.  And your assumption that the "veil of darkness" is "forgetfulness" is quite a stretch.  The Savior will come publicly to the earth, and those who cannot abide a terrestrial glory at that time will have been removed -- leaving only those whose hearts are not full of darkness.  Meaning that they are willing to admit the light.  

I do NOT believe there will be any impediments to missionary work in Spirit Prison.  There could be any number of groups and individuals in various stages of preparation and qualification.  The arrival of the recently departed souls will not effect the on-going work.  They will merely be assigned to an existing group or they can be lumped in a batch of new arrivals.  Review the vision of Joseph F. Smith:

D&C 138:  30 But behold, from among the righteous, he organized his forces and appointed messengers, clothed with power and authority, and commissioned them to go forth and carry the light of the gospel to them that were in darkness, even to all the spirits of men; and thus was the gospel preached to the dead.  31 And the chosen messengers went forth to declare the acceptable day of the Lord and proclaim liberty to the captives who were bound, even unto all who would repent of their sins and receive the gospel.  32 Thus was the gospel preached to those who had died in their sins, without a knowledge of the truth, or in transgression, having rejected the prophets.  33 These were taught faith in God, repentance from sin, vicarious baptism for the remission of sins, the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, 34 And all other principles of the gospel that were necessary for them to know in order to qualify themselves that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.  35 And so it was made known among the dead, both small and great, the unrighteous as well as the faithful, that redemption had been wrought through the sacrifice of the Son of God upon the cross.

That is most certainly a marvelous vision the President Smith received.  And all of us who are called to do that work will be quite busy indeed!

29 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

Uh, I don't think that is what it means.  The verse in question,

But the day soon cometh that ye shall see me, and know that I am; for the veil of darkness shall soon be rent, and he that is not purified shall not abide the day.

when taken in context, does not describe something that would happen in the spirit world, but here. "Ye shall see me" is not addressed to anyone other than the living.  And your assumption that the "veil of darkness" is "forgetfulness" is quite a stretch.  The Savior will come publicly to the earth, and those who cannot abide a terrestrial glory at that time will have been removed -- leaving only those whose hearts are not full of darkness.  Meaning that they are willing to admit the light.  

According to D&C 138, Jesus went to the righteous in Paradise (Place of Rest) in the interval between His Crucifixion and His Resurrection.  He organize them to do missionary work among those in Spirit Prison (Place of Torment) but He Himself did NOT go there.

It is my strong impression/ponderings with many years of study and cross referencing that when the Second Coming occurs, not only will the Earth be subjected to incredible tumults and horrifying devastations but it will be just as terrifying in the Spirit World.  Then the veil of forgetfulness be taken off our minds and we will remember being in the presence of the Father in the pre-existence.  We will remember the exquisite love and purity of the Father and many will feel like utter garbage before Him.  Then we will - - -

Rev 6: 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;  16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:  17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Alma 12: 14 For our words will condemn us, yea, all our works will condemn us; we shall not be found spotless; and our thoughts will also condemn us; and in this awful state we shall not dare to look up to our God; and we would fain be glad if we could command the rocks and the mountains to fall upon us to hide us from his presence.  15 But this cannot be; we must come forth and stand before him in his glory, and in his power, and in his might, majesty, and dominion, and acknowledge to our everlasting shame that all his judgments are just; that he is just in all his works, and that he is merciful unto the children of men, and that he has all power to save every man that believeth on his name and bringeth forth fruit meet for repentance.

On 8/7/2018 at 10:22 PM, longview said:

According to D&C 138, Jesus went to the righteous in Paradise (Place of Rest) in the interval between His Crucifixion and His Resurrection.  He organize them to do missionary work among those in Spirit Prison (Place of Torment) but He Himself did NOT go there.

Of course this is correct.

It is my strong impression/ponderings with many years of study and cross referencing that when the Second Coming occurs, not only will the Earth be subjected to incredible tumults and horrifying devastations but it will be just as terrifying in the Spirit World. 

As for me, who has what some might call alternative understandings of certain things, far be it from me to dispute your impressions.  Although I have to say that I find it a bit difficult to imagine the events of that time being echoed in the Spirit World -- there would be no physical manifestations, but it is certain the arrival of multitudes of newly dead in the Spirit World would cause consternation.

Then the veil of forgetfulness be taken off our minds and we will remember being in the presence of the Father in the pre-existence.  We will remember the exquisite love and purity of the Father and many will feel like utter garbage before Him.  Then we will - - -

Rev 6: 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;  16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:  17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Alma 12: 14 For our words will condemn us, yea, all our works will condemn us; we shall not be found spotless; and our thoughts will also condemn us; and in this awful state we shall not dare to look up to our God; and we would fain be glad if we could command the rocks and the mountains to fall upon us to hide us from his presence.  15 But this cannot be; we must come forth and stand before him in his glory, and in his power, and in his might, majesty, and dominion, and acknowledge to our everlasting shame that all his judgments are just; that he is just in all his works, and that he is merciful unto the children of men, and that he has all power to save every man that believeth on his name and bringeth forth fruit meet for repentance.

With the events of the Tribulation, it would not be necessary for the veil of forgetfulness to be breached in order to for everyone to recognize the wrath of God, having witnessed His judgements.  But how could men stand defiant in the face of revealed memory of the pre-existence?  The removal of that veil would end free agency -- which was the purpose of the veil in the first place, to allow all people untrammeled choice as to whether they would follow righteousness or not.  And that agency must remain in place until the end of things, in my humble opinion.

As for Alma 12:14, I see that that is the state of man at the judgement -- not at the Second Coming (because there will be many more who will come to earth after that).  Those who have rejected Christ and his atonement will in the end be faced with their deeds and the just results of those deeds, while those who have done the opposite will discover that saving power.

I don't wish to dispute with you over this -- if your impressions/ponderings have convinced you of what you write here, so be it.  It is not my place to convince you otherwise.

I am glad that we are permitted to have our disparate understandings.  And I am glad that the Spirit works with us all individually.

Edited by Stargazer

4 hours ago, Stargazer said:

As for me, who has what some might call alternative understandings of certain things, far be it from me to dispute your impressions.  Although I have to say that I find it a bit difficult to imagine the events of that time being echoed in the Spirit World -- there would be no physical manifestations, but it is certain the arrival of multitudes of newly dead in the Spirit World would cause consternation.

I appreciate your thoughts and willingness to dialogue.

Many scriptures refer to the Heavens being shaken severely at the Second Coming.  We know that Earth will somehow be transfigured from a telestial state to the terrestrial.  I believe that the universe has many dimensions, meaning Earth will be transported/transformed from one set of dimensions to another set.  Same thing can happen for the Spirit World with its own set of dimensions.

Edited by longview

12 hours ago, longview said:

We know that Earth will somehow be transfigured from a telestial state to the terrestrial. 

Also to the Celestial Kingdom.  It appears that one such planet has been discovered    https://www.wired.com/2011/08/diamond-planet/

Doctrine and Covenants 130:9

9 This aearth, in its bsanctified and cimmortal state, will be made like unto dcrystal and will be a Urim and Thummim to the inhabitants who dwell thereon, whereby all things pertaining to an inferior kingdom, or all kingdoms of a lower order, will be manifest to those who dwell on it; and this earth will be eChrist’s.

Edited by cdowis

1 hour ago, cdowis said:

Also to the Celestial Kingdom.  It appears that one such planet has been discovered    https://www.wired.com/2011/08/diamond-planet/

Interesting.  But that diamond planet is a remnant of a star.  Not likely to be considered a result of a transfiguration.  The following verses refer to heating process and rolling/unrolling (of dimensions):

3 Nephi 26: 2 Behold, will ye believe in the day of your visitation—behold, when the Lord shall come, yea, even that great day when the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, yea, in that great day when ye shall be brought to stand before the Lamb of God—then will ye say that there is no God?

D&C 77: 1 Q. What is the sea of glass spoken of by John, 4th chapter, and 6th verse of the Revelation?  A. It is the earth, in its sanctified, immortal, and eternal state.

5 hours ago, longview said:

Interesting.  But that diamond planet is a remnant of a star.  Not likely to be considered a result of a transfiguration. 

Interesting that you seem to know and understand that physical transformation of the earth.  Tell us how one would distinguish this process from a "remnant of a star" as an astronomer would view it. 

Edited by cdowis