Seriously No Politics ×

Someone was arrested for trespassing

13 minutes ago, provoman said:

I do not know of a link that can be posted ib accordance with board rules. However this person amde sure the world knew of his arrest.

Ok.  I did a search and found it.  He doesn’t seem to care much or isn’t too concerned.  He actually seems surprised it’s taken this long to happen!

Edited by JulieM
34 minutes ago, provoman said:

I do not know of a link that can be posted ib accordance with board rules. However this person amde sure the world knew of his arrest.

Uh, apparently not, or there is no reason for this post.

1 hour ago, JulieM said:

I read about it on Reddit.

I can't find it... Can someone just give the basics, i.e., when... purpose... how caught...  I'd appreciate it...

GG

8 minutes ago, Garden Girl said:

I can't find it... Can someone just give the basics, i.e., when... purpose... how caught...  I'd appreciate it...

GG

I am having a hard time too...might as well link this don't you think?  

18 minutes ago, Garden Girl said:

GG

I searched “Mike Norton” or “newnamenoah”....I think there are a couple of threads about it on reddit.  It’s not that big of a deal, IMO and it had to have been expected.  He’ll probably just pay a fine and be on probation (but an attorney can weigh in if that’s wrong).

7 minutes ago, JulieM said:

I searched “Mike Norton” or “newnamenoah”....I think there are a couple of threads about it on reddit.  It’s not that big of a deal, IMO and it had to have been expected.  He’ll probably just pay a fine and be on probation (but an attorney can weigh in if that’s wrong).

7 minutes ago, JulieM said:

Sorry about this second quote...so say something you want to say Julie!!☺️

Thank you...that helps...

3 hours ago, provoman said:

Not going to post the persons name, but he was arrested for tresspassing at Salt Lake City Temple. He potentially faces 6 months in jail and a $1000.00US fine.

With fines that low it is just simple misdemeanor trespassing. He o she will probably get a $100.00 fine and suspended sentence of time served. Oh wait, do I still sound like a cop?   

You have to do his facebook page.   What he was trying to unveil on June 29th was a request for donations to support his temple invasions.   I'd guess that he intended to send out notices about the campaign  through the contact info he was able to get from those who surrendered their lds account info.  But he likely has a universal trespass order for all church property, or at least temples, and he was caught.  So he is also seeking money to pay fines (someone said attorney fees too, but that would be a complete waste ---  what defense does he have?, and his first offense will probably get him time served (he was processed) and suspended sentence, and a fine.

I wonder if people who contribute to his expenses know that they can be arrested for aiding and abetting the trespass, since he makes no bones about intending to use it to film inside the temples.

Edited by rpn
2 hours ago, rpn said:

You have to do his facebook page.   What he was trying to unveil on June 29th was a request for donations to support his temple invasions. 

Image result for animated bursting out in laughter

(Sorry, another simple lol just wouldn't suffice.  Massive earthwide assault on the evil cult's main icons, became one scruffy dood arrested for trespassing.  I'm guessing somewhere there's a video of him trying to hop a fence and catching a belt loop and his pants come off and we see his neon blue underwear.  Or something.)

Not that i'm asking for a friend or anything but what Temples have security detail? The Temple close to here if someone tried to get past the front desk personnel I don't know if they would have too much difficulty

3 hours ago, sunstoned said:

He has bragged about sneaking into temples before and filming the seasons. He then posts them on youtube.  By his own admission, he has done this countless times.  He has also claimed (on his Facebook) that the church has contacted him with cease and desist warnings before. 

It is one thing to have doctrinal differences with the church, and quite another to trespass and make a mockery of what many find sacred. IMO jail time would be appropriate.

I agree, that should be "criminal trespass", higher fines and longer jail time. Especially if he is a repeat offender! 

Well if he repeatedly gets caught, and he says his photo is in all temple security books of known problems (he worked in the SL Temple security detail for several years, himself), and the jurisdictions get his record of being caught (trespass is a misdemeanor), then yes he may eventually serve jail time.   But there probably isn't any jurisdiction where the sentence is longer than a year in jail, and since it is a non violent crime and jails are full, pretty unlikely that he'll ever serve that.

House arrest perhaps?  Barring him from using the Internet as he appears to use it in preparation and to help others commit identity fraud?

Edited by Calm