Seriously No Politics ×

"Faith Crisis" support group?

5 hours ago, CV75 said:

Thank you for pointing out the problems of a pedantic and overreaching application of a psychological model! Not that they are bad questions, but they are reflective of a personal struggle that reference to the model alone cannot resolve.

Which stage is the faith as a mustard seed with which mountains are moved? Which level leads to repentance, baptism by water , the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and serving and obeying God to the end?

7 hours ago, RevTestament said:

My wife left the church for about 5 years. She was in a lot of pain, and being around the Church brought back pain and anxieties. I don't think God pushed her away, but it was a time in which she could mature and heal emotionally. I am the one who is responsible for essentially dragging her back to Church. I wanted to return, and realized that the Church had the truth even if those in it are imperfect, and some even act monstrously. The latter wasn't really the issue for me personally. My own issues had more to do with coming to a fuller understanding of the gospel, but I think it was in the plan too. I think God plans for some to be prodigal sons. The experience helps them appreciate the truth all the more. It seems counter-intuitive, but sometimes the ways of God are just not the ways of man or subject to the common understanding. However, I will say that most who leave do not come back in my experience.

I so much respect your experience.  Perhaps this is why you are more understanding and have a bit more patience with those who are disaffected.  I hope you and your wife are happy.

1 hour ago, Jeanne said:

I so much respect your experience.  Perhaps this is why you are more understanding and have a bit more patience with those who are disaffected.  I hope you and your wife are happy.

Thank you Jeanne. We are fairly happy. I miss raising my family tbh. We are essentially now empty nesters. My wife is relatively happy in her employ as a teacher. It is rewarding, but stresses her out at times. Maybe I would be happier if I weren't a rebellious servant... ha. I enjoy where we live. It is really quite beautiful and the people are nice. Crime is almost nil. You can't say that for many places in the U.S. these days.

2 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

Which stage is the faith as a mustard seed with which mountains are moved? Which level leads to repentance, baptism by water , the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and serving and obeying God to the end?

I think any of them can accommodate a particle of faith as well as lead to the rest you mentioned. The Fowler stages are only a psychological model, and God can work with people at any psychological stage of development. 

2 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

Which stage is the faith as a mustard seed with which mountains are moved? 

Level 4.

That is where you faith is the size of a mustard seed, and mountains need to be moved.

Which level leads to repentance - I think that is the dark night too.

baptism by water  - stage 0 / 1

the baptism of the Holy Ghost - throughout

and serving and obeying God to the end - Stage 6

Edited by changed