Seriously No Politics ×

On 5/15/2018 at 11:53 AM, Marginal Gains said:

I suspect the Temple in Russia will take slightly longer than your children do to get ready for school. I equally suspect that if you were to hold your breath, you’d pass out long before a temple in Russia appeared. 

But that is not what 'don't hold your breath' means. In relative terms, it will occur much faster than young children getting ready for school. 

On 5/17/2018 at 11:40 PM, Marginal Gains said:

The temple in Russia will occur much faster than young children getting ready for school?

You are intentionally misquoting me and attempting to change the subject. The expression 'don't hold your breath' does not mean what you think it means.  

7 hours ago, Freedom said:

You are intentionally misquoting me and attempting to change the subject. The expression 'don't hold your breath' does not mean what you think it means.  

I am using “Don’t hold your breath” in the context of this thread, to express my opinion that a temple in Russia is so far off that it was pointless announcing it, except as a PR stunt.

(If you wish to quibble the point about sticking to the absolute traditional meaning of words then start a thread about use of the word “Translated”)

15 hours ago, Marginal Gains said:

I am using “Don’t hold your breath” in the context of this thread, to express my opinion that a temple in Russia is so far off that it was pointless announcing it, except as a PR stunt.

(If you wish to quibble the point about sticking to the absolute traditional meaning of words then start a thread about use of the word “Translated”)

In the context of this thread, you mistaken in claiming that the initial quote can in any way be interpreted to mean that it is pointless to announce. .