Sign in to follow this  
bluebell

Largest North American Pyramid Found?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Here is a picture.

"A rather old theory was proven true last week by a team of archeological scientists off of highway 220 South of Casper, WY. The theory started from settlers traveling the Oregon Trail around campfires, stating that the peak they just passed was built by ancient people who had long passed. As generations grew, so did the story and last year a rancher who wants to remain anonymous went to the strange peak to examine the area. After spending two days in the area, scouring with a medal detector,  the farmer discovered numerous bronze, silver and gold pendants, plates and other artifacts, something never seen in North America.

The rancher took the artifacts to the Casper College for examination,  once examined, the archeologist went to the site and discovered more artifacts, including clay pottery and utensils. That's when Steven Sander called in a team of archeologists and a company specializing in ground penetrating radar. It did not take the group long to discover that this was a pyramid built by stone not native to the area and massive in size, 321.7 ft, complete with two buried entrances and four tunnels picked up by radar. The team is now considering the pyramid and the Pedro Mountain Mummy are connected, due to their close proximity to each other, which asks the question, was the Pedro Mountain Mummy stolen from this pyramid and hidden deep in a cave in the Pedro Mountains? Or is it just a coincidence that an ancient mummy found in a cave in North America was just miles from an ancient massive pyramid built by an unknown race of people?

We will continue to update this story as more details trickle in."

• Like 1

I’m not familiar with the site, but at the top of the page it states the site is satirical.  Also, the disclaimer at the bottom states that everything is made up.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, omni said:

I’m not familiar with the site, but at the top of the page it states the site is satirical.  Also, the disclaimer at the bottom states that everything is made up.

Thank you!  One of my friends shared this on Facebook and I couldn't imagine it being true (i grew up in wyoming and have a lot of experience around Casper and had never heard of this!) but also couldn't find anything that showed it wasn't.  

The largest is actually the largest in the world by volume. It is not as tall as the pyramid of Khufu. It is located in Mexico:

The Great Pyramid of Cholula, also known as Tlachihualtepetl, is a huge complex located in Cholula, Puebla, Mexico. In a sense it is not the largest single structure because it is actually several built on top of prior pyramid structures. Nevertheless, it is monumental structure worthy of being visited.

4 minutes ago, hope_for_things said:

Aliens

You forgot to include the appropriate meme pic:

9148130.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Interesting stuff!  I grew up listening to legends about the little people.  There are adults in these regions that very much believe they are still out there in the mountains. 

5 hours ago, bluebell said:

Does anyone know anything about this?

Even if it were real, it wouldn't be the largest North American pyramid...

127489810.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Sounds a bit like the Ames Brothers Pyramid near Buford, Wyoming, https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2259 .  Made of stone, but not as large as your fictional one.

That pyramid is pretty cool.  I love roadside monuments like that.