Calm

2018 FairMormon Conference: Women's Workshop, Seventy Elder Pearson

All sorted out. Thanks Calm! 

Excellent..

I purchased the streaming, which I usually do.  It made me make a new account because I couldn't remember the old one.  There are parts that have the same information, so it wouldn't take my email and keeps trying to change it, when I login to correct it.  I have tried to contact FairMormon.   It says I haven't filled out each field (even though I have).  There is no phone or direct email that I could write, so I don't know what to do.  They have been sending me the newsletter/blog for years, so they should know how I am.  Any ideas?

3 hours ago, churchistrue said:

Will you be posting transcripts? ETA?

Yes...it is dependent on speakers getting whatever they have (no notes to full out transcripts with footnotes) and then volunteers being available to transcribe if needed and doublecheck if not.  Transcription can be difficult, especially if you don't have the appropriate tools, so we have a small pool of volunteers doing this.  The intent is to get almost every one up (on occasion a speaker nixes it as it is being used elsewhere as well), but we don't have some up yet from past years.  We tend to get a bunch up in the first month or so and then it gets spread out.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, readstoomuch said:

I purchased the streaming, which I usually do.  It made me make a new account because I couldn't remember the old one.  There are parts that have the same information, so it wouldn't take my email and keeps trying to change it, when I login to correct it.  I have tried to contact FairMormon.   It says I haven't filled out each field (even though I have).  There is no phone or direct email that I could write, so I don't know what to do.  They have been sending me the newsletter/blog for years, so they should know how I am.  Any ideas?

Can you PM me as if you were filling out the contact form and I will forward it to our tech people.

The newsletter stuff is automated and never seen or is accessible by anyone save the few people who put the names on it, so that isn't helpful unfortunately.

Edited by Calm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gray
      Here's a thoughtful commentary on racism and the priesthood ban by Scott Gordon. I think we've discussed each and every point on this forum at some point. 
      https://www.fairmormon.org/blog/2017/09/25/people-red-hair-denied-priesthood
      Some of my favorite comments:

• By Oliblish
      Did anyone else notice the reference to the Gospel Topics essays during general conference?  Sunday Afternoon Elder Ian S. Ardern said this in his talk entitled "Seek Ye Out of the Best Books:"

This is the first reference to the essays that I have heard in conference as far as I know.  Did anyone else notice this?  It seems to be worded such that if you are not already aware of the essays it will not draw attention to them.  Is this the first step towards openly talking about these essays in conference in the future?
    • By USU78
      At the FAIR Mormon conference a couple of years ago, the following was presented:  https://www.fairmormon.org/conference/august-2015/the-mother-in-heaven-and-her-children
      This commentary was particularly striking:
      So, here we have the Heavenly Mother being presented as a Maker Who wraps us up in a priestly garment woven by her. 
      Her role in creation and in the life of Israel is hidden, however, in apocrypha like Ben Sira or in Proverbs and Psalms (as well as elsewhere).
      The discussion in the linked address on deliberate changes in the Tanakh, like, for example, the switching of an aleph for an ayin [both of which are rough equivalents for "A"], in order to obscure original intent, is especially interesting given JSJr's reference of a deliberate change to Genesis 1:1 [King Follett Discourse] and the BoM's first book's repeated mention of the removal of "plain and precious" things from scipture [Nephi 13:26,28-29,32,34-35,40]. 
      What I find most interesting, however, is the representation of the Mother as creatrix.  What exactly is meant symbolically and ritually by Her weaving and providing priestly vestments for the king and/or initiate will no doubt be a matter for some considerable debate.  In any event, we know from scripture, especially LDS scripture, that both Father and Son are creators, and that is both part of what they are, as well as what they do.  How else should we expect the Heavenly Mother to act and be, other than as engaged in the creative process, represented by weaving in the above references.
      I would love some input from those not of the LDS persuasion on especially Psalm 2:6's mistranslation of nasakh "to weave" and the implicit reference to the Great Weaver.
    • By Calm
      It was decided to put Dan's talk on live streaming for yesterday and then continue on. I can't embed the video, doesn't take, so follow the link please:
      https://www.facebook.com/fairmormon/videos/1675523409125703/
      Transcript will follow when ready.
      Have at least another in the wings waiting for final call, so shouldn't be long (transcript though, paid video...helps cover the conference costs)