Sign in to follow this  
Bill "Papa" Lee

"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away" Please be in paryer for my family!

Just yesterday, I posted some comments on a thread here, that asked, "What is going great in your live"? In the thread I was talking about that amid my difficulties, that there was still much going well. I spoke of the fact that next month, my youngest child, my son and his wife were expecting their first child. Worry not, this is still the case, and tomorrow is her baby shower. Her parents live in Idaho, and could not make it for the shower, so that they might be here in Georgia for the birth. 

Tonight we received word, that her Father, who is a long haul trucker went of the road in his rig as was killed. Very often it is him and his wife together, but thankfully she was not in the truck at the time. She has had trouble with getting pregnant, and is being closely watched. So it is unclear if she will be able to fly, certainly not able to ride in a car there an back there for the funeral. So, I ask for your prayers, be it for strength, ability to travel, and for all concerned to have the wisdom to know which. 

They have lived with my wife and I for the last 18 months, and she "Sonny" has become so dear to us, as if she were our own child. About five months ago, her Mother and Father were here to attend Church and visit. Her Father and I were speaking, in our living room about how both of his children now live here, and that because of his profession, they could live anywhere. Sonny, short for "Sauncerae", is his youngest, and Caleb our son is Pam and I's youngest, and he spoke of being able to live near them all. Now of course, this will not happen. 

I miss the day when my wife and I as parents could fix any hurt with a bandaid and a kiss, thankfully as grandparents we still can. But the older our children become, the harder the booboo's can be healed. This is going to require the "Balm of Gilead", and much prayer, this is what I ask of you my friends. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Just yesterday, I posted some comments on a thread here, that asked, "What is going great in your live"? In the thread I was talking about that amid my difficulties, that there was still much going well. I spoke of the fact that next month, my youngest child, my son and his wife were expecting their first child. Worry not, this is still the case, and tomorrow is her baby shower. Her parents live in Idaho, and could not make it for the shower, so that they might be here in Georgia for the birth. 

Tonight we received word, that her Father, who is a long haul trucker went of the road in his rig as was killed. Very often it is him and his wife together, but thankfully she was not in the truck at the time. She has had trouble with getting pregnant, and is being closely watched. So it is unclear if she will be able to fly, certainly not able to ride in a car there an back there for the funeral. So, I ask for your prayers, be it for strength, ability to travel, and for all concerned to have the wisdom to know which. 

They have lived with my wife and I for the last 18 months, and she "Sonny" has become so dear to us, as if she were our own child. About five months ago, her Mother and Father were here to attend Church and visit. Her Father and I were speaking, in our living room about how both of his children now live here, and that because of his profession, they could live anywhere. Sonny, short for "Sauncerae", is his youngest, and Caleb our son is Pam and I's youngest, and he spoke of being able to live near them all. Now of course, this will not happen. 

I miss the day when my wife and I as parents could fix any hurt with a bandaid and a kiss, thankfully as grandparents we still can. But the older our children become, the harder the booboo's can be healed. This is going to require the "Balm of Gilead", and much prayer, this is what I ask of you my friends. 

How terrible, I'm so sorry for your family. Even if it's your DIL's father, it still hits too close to home. This is devasting, I pray your DIL will be able to cope, but I know that's easier said than done. 

10 hours ago, Tacenda said:

How terrible, I'm so sorry for your family. Even if it's your DIL's father, it still hits too close to home. This is devasting, I pray your DIL will be able to cope, but I know that's easier said than done. 

Thank You...

Posted (edited)

My heart aches for you and yours...if I could just portray a portion of mormonism that I still believe in...this man is meeting his grandchild now..and telling him/her that there is a wonderful and beautiful family that will meet him on his mortal journey.  Right now..I have nothing else that could ease the family sorrow..but you have my prayers and your son/daughter in law are the heart of those thoughts.  Hugs..

Jeanne

Edited by Jeanne
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

My heart aches for you and yours...if I could just portray a portion of mormonism that I still believe in...this man is meeting his grandchild now..and telling him/her that there is a wonderful and beautiful family that will meet him on his mortal journey.  Right now..I have nothing else that could ease the family sorrow..but you have my prayers and your son/daughter in law are the heart of those thoughts.  Hugs..

Jeanne

I never thought of that! Pretty sure he has met his dear grandchild! And I always love thinking that those that pass on are doing wonderful and the time waiting for those left on earth, is very short! It's hardest on those that are left behind, I'm sure. 

That is truly terrible news.  I'm so sorry for your daughter in law and your family.  They will be in my prayers.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 9:39 PM, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

So sorry to hear this Papa,......my heart breaks for you and your family.

A psalm for you at this moment, (and all of us) from our mighty God...he is in control and hears you!

Psalm 18 I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.

The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.

In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

• Like 1