Sign in to follow this  
bsjkki

Please help with RS activity ideas!

What have been your favorite Relief Society Meeting activities. I would like to compile a list of "winners" for friend. Thanks!

A past (pretty young, all of them) RS presidency loved doing "minute to win it" games, and did that several times. 

That was not well-liked by the several sisters in their late 70s or 80s. But they kept doing them, because that is what they wanted to do. So, some self-awareness of the body of RS, and variety addressing a range of interests and likes and dislikes is important. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, bsjkki said:

What have been your favorite Relief Society Meeting activities. I would like to compile a list of "winners" for friend. Thanks!

Don't laugh at me...and I don't know if RS has ever done this..but I remember it being done for us teens in MIA...but ..why not have kind of a spa night..a professional giving facials and giving tips on nails..makeup..and just something that most women never get to indulge in once in a while....talk about beauty within..but about feeling good about yourselves and the qualities that all of you have.  Just a thought..but I am not crafty...I don't like those things.

Note:  When they did this in my teens...our mothers were invited...if you teens...bring them a long and share..have a good time..mothers, daughters and grandmothers.

Edited by Jeanne

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Don't laugh at me...and I don't know if RS has ever done this..but I remember it being done for us teens in MIA...but ..why not have kind of a spa night..a professional giving facials and giving tips on nails..makeup..and just something that most women never get to indulge in once in a while....talk about beauty within..but about feeling good about yourselves and the qualities that all of you have.  Just a thought..but I am not crafty...I don't like those things.

Note:  When they did this in my teens...our mothers were invited...if you teens...bring them a long and share..have a good time..mothers, daughters and grandmothers.

Our ward did this the other night! I didn't go, but I've seen it happen in my old ward as well. I love your suggestion on bringing their daughters/grandmothers!

I've liked in the past, anytime they bring in a guest. I remember one guest was the woman who came up with the 12 step program for the church's program on addiction, she had had an eating disorder and that is what got her involved with creating the program. Others that have came in were authors. Also a woman who came in who talked about abuse. She was from a local woman's shelter, and I was alarmed when she said that right in our nearby neighborhoods there is someone that has used their shelter, really opened my eyes. So real life help for people that need it. 

Another one I remember was an auction where each woman would offer some kind of service. One woman was a cake decorator, and offered a cake. Another offered a FHE kit with dessert and there were several more, but can't remember. I offered window cleaning, since my skills are limited, lol!

Another was for how to use their wheat from food storage and had samples. Another was making crepes. Several food things. 

I'll add more when I think of more, sorry Jeanne, I'm using this one post for you and bsjkki together.

Add on: I remember one where we brought a salad and it was held at someones yard. Another was a progressive dinner, held around Christmas time. Then meeting at the last for a message at someone's house that could accomodate everyone. Another I remember was a play at a local playhouse. Another was quilt making, but I'm sure that's been done in every ward. 

Edited by Tacenda

2 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Our ward did this the other night! I didn't go, but I've seen it happen in my old ward as well. I love your suggestion on bringing their daughters/grandmothers!

I've liked in the past, anytime they bring in a guest. I remember one guest was the woman who came up with the 12 step program for the church's program on addiction, she had had an eating disorder and that is what got her involved with creating the program. Others that have came in were authors. Also a woman who came in who talked about abuse. She was from a local woman's shelter, and I was alarmed when she said that right in our nearby neighborhoods there is someone that has used their shelter, really opened my eyes. So real life help for people that need it. 

Another one I remember was an auction where each woman would offer some kind of service. One woman was a cake decorator, and offered a cake. Another offered a FHE kit with dessert and there were several more, but can't remember. I offered window cleaning, since my skills are limited, lol!

Another was for how to use their wheat from food storage and had samples. Another was making crepes. Several food things. 

I'll add more when I think of more, sorry Jeanne, I'm using this one post for you and bsjkki together.

Thank you Tacenda!

I've found the favorite things of most wards I have been to is,when the women can talk with each other. So often you don't get a chance to do that at church so doing it at RS really feels a need and is,well attended.

Service projects are get for this especially if you can be doing something creative. Our last one they gathered fleece and tied the blankets - we had tables in a long row, then they laid the blankets down the tables. The women sat on both sides and tied the fringe. Every once in ahile one side would move down a few chairs so you talked with someone new across from you.

Besides service projects another time where people got to talk was a dinner. There are numerous ways to do it (birthdsys, numbers etc) but we were all assigned tables and ate an appetizer, then we switched tables for an entrepreneur and so on. For each round questions were given to ask each other.