Sign in to follow this  
bsjkki

Church encourages members to participate in politics

Sometimes I think this will be the most obvious change that the church will HAVE to do...it has really always been there but where it was not so obvious until pointed out.  But Prop 8 was only a beginning.

Given the current status of politics in the nation I find myself withdrawing and wanting nothing to do with politicians or the system.  I know, I know, I already hear the voice in my own head about how the system does not get better without citizen participation.  Yet, I don't have any confidence in the system other than that it is strictly a fight for power - not the welfare of the nation's citizens.  A pox on both parties and their ultimate destruction.  

I think I might be ready to support a monarchy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Storm Rider said:

Given the current status of politics in the nation I find myself withdrawing and wanting nothing to do with politicians or the system.  I know, I know, I already hear the voice in my own head about how the system does not get better without citizen participation.  Yet, I don't have any confidence in the system other than that it is strictly a fight for power - not the welfare of the nation's citizens.  A pox on both parties and their ultimate destruction.  

I think I might be ready to support a monarchy.  

I have to say that sometimes I would like to just throw my hands up...and just say...let me be Queen!!  I hear you...and I don't have a religion to even question what I do...if it wasn't foe my respect for the Constitution...i would just want a do over for this young country that love.

5 hours ago, Jeanne said:

I have to say that sometimes I would like to just throw my hands up...and just say...let me be Queen!!  I hear you...and I don't have a religion to even question what I do...if it wasn't foe my respect for the Constitution...i would just want a do over for this young country that love.

I know what you are saying. At this point I would outlaw a free press i.e. I would not allow any opinions in any reporting on anything.  They would be limited strictly to stating facts and nothing else but facts.  Then I would outlaw every special interest group completely and every entity that tries to bend the ear of politicians.  Then I would outlaw all donations to a political party or a candidate as well as preventing any candidate from injecting their own funds into their candidacy.  In its place I would set up a structure that regardless of office being south the government would set up a fund with specific limits for each office.  The limit would be low enough to prevent any political commercials of any kind on television. Also, I like to see formal debates for local, state, and national offices.  The objective of some of these actions would be to break the strangle hold of the two national political parties and prevent any significant party from gaining control.  

The main objective is to have elected officials who have a single commitment - the welfare of the citizens as outlined in the Constitution, a good economy, an adequate military, and strong, affordable education system.  

• Like 1

Throw in a civil service test before running for any office so each candidate has to demonstrate they have the skills and knowledge necessary.

• Like 2

Finally, support for the best plan to fix our political system. Let us all join hands and act:

Sign in to follow this