Sign in to follow this  
Maidservant

God Working Through Imperfect Leaders

Just because God is working thought imperfect leaders doesn't mean we cannot trust our leaders. God is still working through leaders.  Leaders don't have to be perfect to recognize spiritual revelation. Understanding the spirit and revelation doesn't require perfection.

• Like 1

and it doesn't mean we should take a break from spirituality while serving and not strive to be better either. A guy I know just got called to be a Bishop and he has rather unconventional ideas about life shall we say, picks fights ALL over FB, spreading his philosophy around, I hope that he uses this opportunity to better himself

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Duncan said:

and it doesn't mean we should take a break from spirituality while serving and not strive to be better either

Our General Authorities are not perfect, but they are experts in spiritual revelation. You don't have to be perfect to know when God is giving you a revelation.  General Authorities know very well how to recognize the spirit. Would God work through leaders that are clueless about spiritual revelation?   

Edited by SamuelTheLamanite

5 minutes ago, SamuelTheLamanite said:

Our General Authorities are not perfect, but they are experts in spiritual revelation. You don't have to be perfect to know when God is giving you a revelation.  General Authorities know very well how to recognize the spirit. Would God work through leaders that are clueless about spiritual revelation?   

hopefully not but it remains to be seen!, let's hope they are even looking for revelation. 

1 minute ago, Duncan said:

hopefully not but it remains to be seen!, let's hope they are even looking for revelation. 

Elder Hales taught, "These conferences are always under the direction of the Lord, guided by His Spirit. We are not assigned specific topics. Over weeks and months, often through sleepless nights, we wait upon the Lord. Through fasting, praying, studying, and pondering, we learn the message that He wants us to give"

4 minutes ago, SamuelTheLamanite said:

Elder Hales taught, "These conferences are always under the direction of the Lord, guided by His Spirit. We are not assigned specific topics. Over weeks and months, often through sleepless nights, we wait upon the Lord. Through fasting, praying, studying, and pondering, we learn the message that He wants us to give"

I wasn't talking about general conference or general church leaders, I was talking about local leaders, although it can apply to anyone

From then Pres. Uchtdorf

"Unfortunately, we sometimes don’t seek revelation or answers from the scriptures or the handbooks because we think we know the answers already.

Brothers and sisters, as good as our previous experience may be, if we stop asking questions, stop thinking, stop pondering, we can thwart the revelations of the Spirit. Remember, it was the questions young Joseph asked that opened the door for the restoration of all things. We can block the growth and knowledge our Heavenly Father intends for us. How often has the Holy Spirit tried to tell us something we needed to know but couldn’t get past the massive iron gate of what we thought we already knew?"

2012 worldwide leadership broadcast. 

That's what the article is about.  You'll like it.  It is about that God's work IS DONE through imperfect leaders.

Sign in to follow this