Seriously No Politics ×

Woman Loses Temple Recommend for Talking About Her Divorce

1 hour ago, Exiled said:

What is an "emotional affair" anyway?

When guys bond, they are "good friends".  When a man and woman bond, it is an "emotional affair".  I call it a brother- sister friendship, perhaps a daddy daughter.

There may be an understanding that this will continue as a sister wife in eternity (assuming she is single).  There was a thread on this awhile back.

9 hours ago, HappyJackWagon said:

To me, it is insane that a stake president or bishop feels they can order a woman not to talk about her divorce and then punish her for disobeying their authority like she's a 5 year old child refusing to eat her vegetables. It is an abuse of power.

Come on folks, does anyone honestly believe that this woman choosing to talk about her divorce is apostate from the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Or are we merely talking about apostasy from the church. This seems to illustrate those to be very different things.

For those who feel like she should simply "appeal" her TR being taken away: Are you suggesting that she go to this SP and let him know she is appealing and will need him to give her the info for the area authority so she contact him for the appeal? Does this SP seem like he would treat that request reasonably? I wouldn't have any confidence that he would. Why would a woman go back to a man who is dominating her and requiring her obedience to ask his permission and assistance in complaining about him? That doesn't sound like a very good system.

The information before us gives us no reason to suppose that the SP wouldn't follow the proper procedures.

1 hour ago, Darren10 said:

Do you know what "bmw" is? m= moan; w=whine; b=...complain about every single thing or insignificant thing. 

Keep this for future reference. :)

Here, have a picture of my car so you know what a BMW actually is, and not that insulting nonsense you just spewed:

EfyjrL.jpg

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Okay, I listened to about a quarter of the first recording while doing some mindless busy work. She seems to be all over the place. At one point she claims that she has only talked to six people and a couple of other people but only one time. She insists she always called it an emotional affair but the Stake President was gettting told by multiple people that there was a physical affair. She suggests it is like the game of telephone. She is clearly baiting him. She starts out trying to get him to say something from a previous meeting that she thought would be embarrassing and kept trying to steer the conversation. He tried to explain what he was trying to communicate and admits he may have failed to do so.I do sympathize with her reports of her ex’s verbal anger via text and phone.

Anyways that is my short take and I do not think I am going to listen to the rest. I have not seen anything damning and do not expect there is anything. He is trying the best he can to help from what I heard and in a kind way get her to stop spreading rumors.

I do not see a news story here.

It bothers me that you give an opinion about the taped conversation but don't listen to the rest of it? I've heard others on this board that weigh in and never even listen to the information provided say the something similar, almost as if it's taboo. Not saying you feel this way, but sure feels that way.

Edited by Tacenda
12 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

It bothers me that you give an opinion about the taped conversation but don't listen to the rest of it? I've heard others on this board that weigh in and never even listen to the information provided say the something similar, almost as if it's taboo. Not saying you feel this way, but sure feels that way.

Taboo to listen to? It probably is. It is a violation of privacy. I found it pretty boring though. I did not want another 30 or 35 minutes more plus the next tape. If anyone wants to give a more full report I would read it but I just do not want to spend that much time on it. I really cannot influence the situation anyways so I feel no obligation to finish.

Edited by The Nehor
9 hours ago, Jeanne said:

I doubt she will ever feel better.:(

Repentance, forgiveness, love one another, if ye are not one, ye are not mine, have mercy on me, a sinner, turn the other cheek, pray for those who dispitefully use you, there but for the mercy of God go I, if your brother have ought against you, go to him and reconcile....all those “Christian” things we talk about once in a while.

1 hour ago, cdowis said:

When he advises her to stop her gossip about her husband, openly making a public spectacle,  and creating a negative and disruptive atmosphere at church, as a stake president he would be insane  to allow HER TO SUCK THE SPIRIT OUT OF THE MEETING.

He has the authority and obligation to cast out evil spirits.

Removing the disruption from the meeting would be very appropriate.  Taking the temple recommend not so much.

35 minutes ago, cdowis said:

When guys bond, they are "good friends".  When a man and woman bond, it is an "emotional affair".  I call it a brother- sister friendship, perhaps a daddy daughter.

There may be an understanding that this will continue as a sister wife in eternity (assuming she is single).  There was a thread on this awhile back.

Wait......what?????????

Okay, that is seriously creepy.

9 hours ago, JLHPROF said:

True.
Which brings back the oft debated question of "who is the Lord's anointed"?

Because there are temple covenants involved too.

We all are the Lord’s anointed. 

Edited by Bernard Gui
32 minutes ago, carbon dioxide said:

Removing the disruption from the meeting would be very appropriate.  Taking the temple recommend not so much.

He has the keys to admittance to the temple.  The decision is his responsibility  to make.

Considering her decision to tape the conversation........ this person pollutes this holy place.

Edited by cdowis
6 minutes ago, cdowis said:

He has the keys to admittance to the temple.  The decision is his responsibility  to make.

Considering her decision to tape the conversation........

If you think a brother sister kind of relationship or (shudder) a daddy daughter like relationship suitable preludes to expected celestial polygamy can you share that insight with your stake president? I think he might make a decision about your recommend too......

Edited by The Nehor
2 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

If you think brother sister kind of relationship or (shudder) daddy daughter like relationships suitable preludes to expected celestial polygamy can you share that with your stake president? I think he might make a decision about your recommend too......

I wish you all the best.

10 hours ago, JLHPROF said:

Well...the Stake President said 

• “Disagree with me all you want, but to not follow council direction from your priesthood leaders there's a name for that that' called apostasy,”

From the good old CHI:

Section 6.7.3
Apostasy

Apostasy refers to members who:

• Repeatedly act in clear, open, and deliberate public opposition to the Church or its leaders.

From the good old D&C:

"We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion."

Sometimes things that need to be fixed don't get fixed until drastic measures are taken.

8 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I like to think if my marriage just collapsed I would have other priorities other than telling the world about it. Most of it involving crying and railing at God for letting this happen to me.

Most women process things by talking about them. Sometimes it goes to excess and just becomes conplaining, but there is so much to be gained for a woman when she talks through things. 

And I had one time when I railed at God. I ended up having to humble myself and repent. It is so much more effective to talk with a friend and process it then be mad at God.

6 hours ago, Darren10 said:

He informed us of then nature of it, and of course, for us to be completely discrete about it. To NOT talk about it to anyone but that the stake presidency was going to handle it.

Something to consider.

3 hours ago, Exiled said:

Do you think using the word "affair" was deliberate by the woman making the recording? It seems that by calling it an "emotional affair" it was designed to have people misinterpret it as something more.  What is an "emotional affair" anyway?

1 hour ago, cdowis said:

Emotional affair is a common term. It is not designed for people to misinterpret it. It is specifically used to differentiate what happened from a physical affair. It is NOT a platonic thing like between fathers and daughters or friends who are like siblings.

Per Wikipedia:

'An emotional affair can be defined as: "A relationship between a person and someone other than (their) spouse (or lover) that affects the level of intimacy, emotional distance and overall dynamic balance in the marriage. The role of an affair is to create emotional distance in the marriage."'

Edited by Rain
11 hours ago, Duncan said:

I know some folks that live in Eagle Mountain, UT and they don't seem to know these people involved. I looked it up on google earth and this place isn't Chicago or Zurich, Switzerland or something. How do they not know???!!! anyways

So these folks that you know are acquainted with the 29,000+ residents in Eagle Mountain?

https://www.google.com/search?q=eagle+mountain+utah+population&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

2 hours ago, cdowis said:

:bad:

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Taboo to listen to? It probably is. It is a violation of privacy. I found it pretty boring though. I did not want another 30 or 35 minutes more plus the next tape. If anyone wants to give a more full report I would read it but I just do not want to spend that much time on it. I really cannot influence the situation anyways so I feel no obligation to finish.

I too have some trepidation about her recording the meeting. So I get why you wouldn't want to listen to it besides it being boring. 

4 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

Yeah but we get skin cancer really easily and that proves we are naturally inferior, even if white skin means you can drink milk. 

http://theconversation.com/ancient-dna-reveals-how-europeans-developed-light-skin-and-lactose-tolerance-43078

Put us in the sun and we just kind of curl up and turn brown.

Oh wait- people call that "going to the beach"

That's why only white people live in Wisconsin- everyone knows that.  Lotsa cheese and no sun!  Kinda like maggots  :)

Dude, you crack me up. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Darren10 said:

Dude, you crack me up. :lol:

I try.  ;)

Sometimes too hard.  :)