Seriously No Politics ×

Religious Freedom is the key to happiness

Costa Rica is one of the happiest countries on Earth. The life expectancy in Costa Rica is higher than the USA. Why are people in Costa Rica happier and living longer? The answer is Religious Freedom.

Religion in Costa Rica is very important, but in the USA religion is declining. We in the US are living in dangerous times, the attacks on religious freedom have never been so intense before. We must protect and defend religion.

Edited by SamuelTheLamanite
1 hour ago, SamuelTheLamanite said:

Yes, our country needs to be as religious as Costa Rica. Costa Rica is proof that our happiness depends on religion.

Oh, only “Costa” showed up in my original feed. Weird. I just figured tou were playing a fill in the next word game. Besides, everybody knows that learning geography brings just as much happiness as does religious freedom. :) 

1 hour ago, SamuelTheLamanite said:

Yes, our country needs to be as religious as Costa Rica. Costa Rica is proof that our happiness depends on religion.

I learn something each day on this forum.  I would have never of guessed the Costa Rica was one of the happiest places in the world.  Do you have references on this?  I would like to read up on it.  I would be most interested in how the study was conducted,  what instrument was used to collect and measure the data. How religion was identified as the key factor, and what the definition of "happy" was defined as.  Please consider this a CFR.

Edited by sunstoned

It was also having some money problems, big debt issue...no place is perfect (Calgary, Canada comes close but I had a few issues with its doctors)

Looks like education level is quite high.

Somehow I doubt the sole reason for its general state of happiness is religious freedom or the higher rate of belief.

Edited by Calm