Seriously No Politics ×

Elder Keetch---only 57

Calm

5 hours ago, Calm said:

Wow.  I have a family member who just heard him speak at their Stake Conference....I think this past weekend (?).  He was just fine at that time (from all outward appearances) and gave a wonderful talk.

Do they know the cause of death yet?

So very sad and yes, a reminder of how fragile life can be.  My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Edited by ALarson

It is often not shared if it is a sudden illness like extreme stomach flu/gastroenteritis...the nitty gritty stuff that no one really wants to think of or to avoid people saying "well why didn't they......" or "he would be alive if only his family paid attention" when the reality is by the time they know it is more than the usual, it is too late.  Not something the family needs now.  

Edited by Calm
11 hours ago, ALarson said:

Wow.  I have a family member who just heard him speak at their Stake Conference....I think this past weekend (?).  He was just fine at that time (from all outward appearances) and gave a wonderful talk.

Do they know the cause of death yet?

So very sad and yes, a reminder of how fragile life can be.  My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

From the article: 

On Thursday night during a family outing in Pleasant Grove, Elder Keetch began to cough up blood, said his daughter, Steffani Keetch Dastrup. Doctors at American Fork Hospital found that his left lung had collapsed. They sedated and ventilated him, then transferred him to the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City, where he died about 9:40 p.m. Friday."

"Dastrup said his death appeared to be the result of complications from previous battles with cancer and a recent respiratory infection in his lungs."