Seriously No Politics ×

super blue blood moon on Wed. January 31, 2018

Pretty sure this means something just not sure what.

Signs of the last days or signs of the last of the last days?

My friends, please - teach, impart, expound, exhort. 

I'm not looking for a statement from Church HQ - just curious to hear from the Jewish historians and experts as to their opinion.

Last time this happened in 1866:

The US Civil War ended

German and Russian leaders were assassinated

TNT was invented.

Few sources:

“The Talmud states that Israel is judged by our actions, by our commitment to Hashem (God), and not by astrological signs,” Rabbi Berger told Breaking Israel News. “In fact, the Talmud states that a lunar eclipse is a bad sign for those who hate Israel.”

“People who cannot accept that God is behind nature are the haters of Israel, since our presence in the world bears witness to the fact there is a creator,” he continued. “God used nature to bring the plagues on to Egypt. But even when the plagues transcended anything that was ever witnessed before, Pharaoh refused to accept God as being behind them. We are seeing this today, with hurricanes and earthquakes occurring in unprecedented manners.”

https://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/blue-blood-moon-has-prophetic-significance-say-religious-leaders.html

One of the biggest dates on the near horizon is the actual 70th anniversary of the nation of Israel, which is only mere months away.  Considering the transition from 2017 to 2018, it occurs to me that '7' is the number of spiritual perfection and completion, but '8' is the number of resurrection and new beginnings.  Let's not forget that all of the incredible "coincidences" last year were God-orchestrated and were reminders that the present age's clock is ticking.  We will still be in the biblical year that witnessed the Revelation 12 Sign (Eclipse last summer)  until March or April 2018 and on the Jewish civil calendar (and possibly Jubilee calendar) we are in the same year until next Fall.

At the same time, radical change is unfolding in the Middle East, culminating with Fatah and Hamas reconciliationthe collapse of the ISIS caliphate, the world's vote to divide JerusalemTrump's Jerusalem decision in response, the Saudi Arabian regime change, revolution in Iran, and dominoes now starting to fall: after Trump's embassy announcement Guatemala quickly followed suit and rumor is building that some 10 other nations, including Honduras, are considering making the same move.  This may very well be the build up towards Israeli sovereignty over the Temple Mount in 2018 and what shortly follows next - the Third Temple.

http://www.unsealed.org/2017/12/2018-new-chapter-begins.html

I hope you were able to catch the supermoon this weekend... the brightness was amazing. At our home it was casting shadows in the yard. Apparently supermoons are so bright because they are 30,000 miles closer than at other times...which makes them 30% brighter. You probably also know that this celestial event was 70 days after the Revelation 12 Sign concluded. What I just found out this morning is that this is just part one of a "supermoon trilogy". Coming up next month there is another supermoon happening. January 1st of 2018.... exactly 100 days after the Revelation 12 Sign. It's almost as though God is putting an exclamation mark the first day of the year for some reason. Then, before the 1st month is even over in 2018 yet a third supermoon is happening!  This is a blue-moon.... or as the article below calls it, a super-blue-moon and a "Royal Spectacle".  On top of that, it is a lunar eclipse (aka, a blood moon)!

https://rev12daily.blogspot.com/2017/12/a-supermoon-trilogy.html

"Prophecisor" Pastor Paul Begley has once again taken to YouTube to warn of the prophetic significance of the rare super blue blood moon, which he noted falls on a Jewish festival holiday - the Festival of Trees.

Edited by nuclearfuels

Signs in the heavens are significant.
That said, I doubt most people's interpretations as to their meaning.  They're generally wrong about them.

But as an LDS believer, the end times can't be all that far off.

So now we are essentially discussing astrology here?

What could the connection possibly be between lunar cycles and political/social events on earth?

The connection could only be caused by those who believe such things should happen making them self-fulfilling.   It's hard to imagine the thought processes if any at all.

But then again I am on the cusp between cancer and leo so you know what that means.

(What DOES it mean?  ;) )

Edited by mfbukowski
15 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

What could the connection possibly be between lunar cycles and political/social events on earth?

The connection could only be caused by those who believe such things should happen making them self-fulfilling.   It's hard to imagine the thought processes if any at all.

But then again I am on the cusp between cancer and leo so you know what that means.

Apparently astrology is alive and well in some circles.  The good news for believers is there is always another extraordinary event in the heavens coming up so the predictions can continue indefinitely.  

5 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

I have no idea what it means! I'm sure it's very portentous tho! On the other hand I am a Libra, so that means I'm well-balanced. 

Astrology is so stupid. 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, Exiled said:

Better run for the hills?  In all seriousness, take a deep breath, don't do anything rash, and realize that it is simply just another cool phenomenon to watch like any eclipse.

I keep forgetting how acting like a plant is the best survival strategy. Thank you, Exiled, for guiding me back.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, The Nehor said:

If a super blue moon is a sign of the Second Coming then what was the last super blue moon a sign of?

Important things like that happen every year.

If the signs in the heavens are commonplace astronomical events that regularly happen they seem a little pointless as signs. I am waiting for the unexpected ones before I start using them to update my "End of Days" calendar.

Important things like this happened in 1866. Not sure 2018=1866 but that's probably just me being bad with math. 

Rev. 12:1 happened during the eclipse in the summer of 2017.

7 years from that time another eclipse will be visible, with the path of totality over Palmyra NY

7 years after that another eclipse will cross over other sites significant to early Church history.

Genesis 41 - Pharaoh's dream of 7 years of plenty and 7 years of famine.

President Hinckley:

Now, brethren, I want to make it very clear that I am not prophesying, that I am not predicting years of famine in the future. But I am suggesting that the time has come to get our houses in order. (Gordon B. Hinckley, “To the Boys and to the Men”, October 1998)

Exactly seven years later, in the October 2005 General Conference, the Prophet said:

Let us never lose sight of the dream of Pharaoh concerning the fat cattle and the lean, the full ears of corn, and the blasted ears; the meaning of which was interpreted by Joseph to indicate years of plenty and years of scarcity. (Gordon B. Hinckley, If Ye Are Prepared Ye Shall Not Fear, October 2005)

-

Probably just astrological ramblings though.

6 hours ago, Stargazer said:

I have no idea what it means! I'm sure it's very portentous tho! On the other hand I am a Libra, so that means I'm well-balanced. 

Astrology is so stupid. 

•  

From the original post.

Reposted as you missed the emphasized part.

“The Talmud states that Israel is judged by our actions, by our commitment to Hashem (God), and not by astrological signs,” Rabbi Berger told Breaking Israel News. “In fact, the Talmud states that a lunar eclipse is a bad sign for those who hate Israel.”

1 hour ago, nuclearfuels said:

Important things like this happened in 1866. Not sure 2018=1866 but that's probably just me being bad with math. 

Rev. 12:1 happened during the eclipse in the summer of 2017.

7 years from that time another eclipse will be visible, with the path of totality over Palmyra NY

7 years after that another eclipse will cross over other sites significant to early Church history.

Genesis 41 - Pharaoh's dream of 7 years of plenty and 7 years of famine.

President Hinckley:

Now, brethren, I want to make it very clear that I am not prophesying, that I am not predicting years of famine in the future. But I am suggesting that the time has come to get our houses in order. (Gordon B. Hinckley, “To the Boys and to the Men”, October 1998)

Exactly seven years later, in the October 2005 General Conference, the Prophet said:

Let us never lose sight of the dream of Pharaoh concerning the fat cattle and the lean, the full ears of corn, and the blasted ears; the meaning of which was interpreted by Joseph to indicate years of plenty and years of scarcity. (Gordon B. Hinckley, If Ye Are Prepared Ye Shall Not Fear, October 2005)

-

Probably just astrological ramblings though.

We all create our worlds from matter unorganized. ;)

Isn't that what life is for?

On 1/27/2018 at 12:54 AM, JLHPROF said:

Signs in the heavens are significant.
That said, I doubt most people's interpretations as to their meaning.  They're generally wrong about them.

But as an LDS believer, the end times can't be all that far off.

Significant but meaningless?

53 minutes ago, bcuzbcuz said:

Significant but meaningless?

Significant but with unrevealed meaning.  Not meaningless.

Just because people apply unfounded interpretations doesn't make the event without significance.

3 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

RProbably just astrological ramblings though.

Important things like that happened in 1918 and 1945 thought too for example, and I think that political leaders are routinely assassinated.  There is no way to contribute those things that happened in 1866 to the super blue moon without then ignoring that those same things keep happening depiste a lack of astronomical signs to mark their importance.

15 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

In case you need to bone up on the words:

Bom ba ba bom ba bom ba bom bom ba ba bom ba ba bom ba ba dang a dang dang
Ba ba ding a dong ding Blue moon moon blue moon dip di dip di dip
Moo Moo Moo Blue moon dip di dip di dip Moo Moo Moo Blue moon dip di dip di dip

They just don't write lyrics like that any more. Shame

3 hours ago, bcuzbcuz said:

Bom ba ba bom ba bom ba bom bom ba ba bom ba ba bom ba ba dang a dang dang
Ba ba ding a dong ding Blue moon moon blue moon dip di dip di dip
Moo Moo Moo Blue moon dip di dip di dip Moo Moo Moo Blue moon dip di dip di dip

They just don't write lyrics like that any more. Shame

It's "dipa dinga dong ding," not "ba ba ding a dong ding."

And it's "moon, blue moon, blue moon," not "moo moo moo blue moon."

Get it right!

On 1/28/2018 at 1:38 PM, bluebell said:

Important things like that happened in 1918 and 1945 thought too for example, and I think that political leaders are routinely assassinated.  There is no way to contribute those things that happened in 1866 to the super blue moon without then ignoring that those same things keep happening depiste a lack of astronomical signs to mark their importance.

I guess that works if one considers WWI and WWII as unrelated and not consequences of the 1918 and 1945 routine assassinations.

Edited by nuclearfuels
40 minutes ago, nuclearfuels said:

I guess that works if one considers WWI and WWII as unrelated and not consequences of the 1918 and 1945 routine assassinations.

The civil war was a consequence of many things as well though. Nothing happens in a vacuum.