Seriously No Politics ×

Requests for prayers, the end is near for MIL

My dear wife, needs all who are willing to pray, to keep her in their prayer. Her Mother, turned 94 years of age a couple of weeks ago, will soon be passing from this life. My wife as acted as her Mother's legal guardian for the past 13 years. Although my Pam, is the youngest of the children, just as I am, no one else wanted to become their Mother's guardian. My wife also had to shoulder almost all of the care for my Mother for the last two years of her life. No one had to ask if she would care for my Mother and her Mother, both while battling Alzheimer's, it is just in her nature to do so.   

So for now, they are seeking to keep her Mother comfortable in the Nursing home where she is staying. The Doctors are saying that if she does not pass in the next few days they will transfer her to Hospice. It has been such a long ordeal, my Mother-in-law (Alice Lang) needs to rest, and be set free from the prison of her mind, and suffering. My wife needs too just "rest", I have never known anyone with as much love, compassion and charity towards all others than my wife, Pam. She so often will let her own health and welfare go, as she looks to the needs of others, and puts all things secondary to me and my health problems. 

So, I ask my friends here, to pray for my wife, Pam Lee. As there is nothing more important to me than "Her" welfare. 

"Life is about learning, and then forgetting", at least that is my observation. 

Your brother,

Bill "Papa" Lee

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

She's amazing Papa! I hope she will get some R&R now!! Sorry for the soon to be loss of your mother-in-law, she's lived a long life!! And what a blessing your wive has been for others and yourself!! She's for sure the Lord's hands!

Prayers here from Jeanne.  I understand how difficult it is to take care of an aging parent.  It is so not easy in many different ways.  I will pray for a peace for all...an entrance to a heaven safe and free from pain...and that your wife can and will say...after all that I can do.  Bless Pam!!  Bless all of you!

On January 24, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Jeanne said:

Prayers here from Jeanne.  I understand how difficult it is to take care of an aging parent.  It is so not easy in many different ways.  I will pray for a peace for all...an entrance to a heaven safe and free from pain...and that your wife can and will say...after all that I can do.  Bless Pam!!  Bless all of you!

Thank you, she passed away yesterday. 

Grief can take a long time to process, even when there is relief because your loved one was suffering or feeling the restrictions of too much mortality.  Reassure your wife to be patient with herself just as she was patient with her mom.  It is a major life change for her and she now moves into another stage of her own life...and yours.

Edited by Calm