Sign in to follow this  
Okrahomer

Cathedral bells ring out for President Monson

35 minutes ago, Okrahomer said:

I’m watching coverage of President Monson’s funeral.  I can’t help but feel gratitude for this kind gesture by our Catholic brothers and sisters.

3 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

Thank you.

7 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

That is the caliber of writing that brings people together in unity and joyfully serve those in need.  So very, very kind and thoughtful; an example that we should all emulate in our own lives.

Elder McConkie is doing cartwheels in his grave. :vader: 

The bells pealed for the duration of the funeral procession. I was moved to tears.

19 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

Nice!

Completely off-topic, but I wonder at the coat of arms of the diocese - a wooden sailing ship with the cross of St. George, with an apparent comet (or star):

logo-crest.png

Nice looking logo!

On 1/13/2018 at 9:25 AM, Stargazer said:

Nice!

Completely off-topic, but I wonder at the coat of arms of the diocese - a wooden sailing ship with the cross of St. George, with an apparent comet (or star):

logo-crest.png

Nice looking logo!

The waves represent the Great Salt Lake. On the waves a ship, that represents the Church in Utah.  It comes from a quote from St. Hippolytus,  “The world is a sea, in which the Church, like a ship, is beaten by the waves but not submerged”. The splendid Cross on the sail, represents the Father’s love, in sending His Son. The comet is a guiding star, the Morning Star, the Light of Christ, that guides the ship on its journey. It was taken from the coat of arms of Pope Leo XIII, who was Pope when the Diocese of SLC was established.

16 hours ago, saemo said:

The waves represent the Great Salt Lake. On the waves a ship, that represents the Church in Utah.  It comes from a quote from St. Hippolytus,  “The world is a sea, in which the Church, like a ship, is beaten by the waves but not submerged”. The splendid Cross on the sail, represents the Father’s love, in sending His Son. The comet is a guiding star, the Morning Star, the Light of Christ, that guides the ship on its journey. It was taken from the coat of arms of Pope Leo XIII, who was Pope when the Diocese of SLC was established.

Super! I really enjoy heraldry.

Sign in to follow this