Seriously No Politics ×

Forgetting to much, and falling to much!

I love being here, and posting here. Today and many others I have forgotten too many things. Today, I have fallen three times, each time harmng myself, one time badly. I don't want to leave and stop posting, but if these things continue, one day I may just be gonel. I love you all, and pray,that I   find the source of these  problems, that I may continue to take part. Please pray for me, if you are inclined  to do so.Your friend always...

Bill "Papa" Lee 

4 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I love being here, and posting here. Today and many others I have forgotten too many things. Today, I have fallen three times, each time harmng myself, one time badly. I don't want to leave and stop posting, but if these things continue, one day I may just be gonel. I love you all, and pray,that I   find the source of these  problems, that I may continue to take part. Please pray for me, if you are inclined  to do so.Your friend always...

Bill "Papa" Lee 

You  have my prayers Papa....I am greatly concerned about your falling and do you have a lot of people around to help you??  Hope you  can find a source to help you and to know more about what is happening.  Post always on days you just want to rant or just to say hello...you mean a lot to so many here.

Bill, you will be in my prayers this night my friend. That is the most I can do for you my friend, and hope that you will be able to find the source of your problems. Maybe a blessing? (if you have not already gone that route.)

Glenn

On January 11, 2018 at 6:58 PM, Okrahomer said:

I love you too, dear Brother; and pray for your improved health.  And this in spite of what Your darned Bulldogs did to my beloved Sooners.  🤓

That was a magical day, only to be disappointed on Monday night! Painful, and I thought of you that night. But you had or have your revenge. I thought about you, as your team was sooooooooo close, only to be robbed, it would seem "not" by the better team. We here in Geogua (despite wins in the regular season) always fear and dread playing Alabama in any playoff 

22 hours ago, Calm said:

Ouch on the falling!  That is what I worry the most about my mom living on her own.  

It is why we are looking into a motorized wheelchair. I spoke with the guy twice today, the only thing standing in the way was that they could not read my primary doctor's notes. I though being a Doctor, bad handwriting was a requirement. If so, I have the greatest Doctor living! My two worst falls, I thankfully missed the corners off the table, and my nightstand. The nightstand was caused from just rolling out of the bed. A simple act I have done and do, once a day when working, and now she's nice I spend most days in bed watching TV, it is now more like four or five times a day. Now I must take care to sit up, thrown my legs over and once my feet ar planted, rise slowly. This why if I loose balance, I will just fallback on the bed, and not the nightstand or other hands surfaces. 

Do you have a brace on the side of the bed to hold on to?  They are relatively cheap and don't have to be that big.  The bed rails with the floor support look the safest to me as they have two sources of stability (the floor and the bar under the mattress) and won't drop as a rail that is just attached to a surface that gives a bit like a box spring might.  I think flat on top rather than rounded might be better if you have to lean on it much the last bit of getting up.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/drive-medical-adjustable-height-home-bed-assist-handle/ID=prod6119866-product?ext=gooPLA_-_Home_Medical&pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku6105094&sst=1a1db981-cf29-4cf1-8d71-92b418921d1d&reactjs=true

https://www.hmemedicalshop.com/hand-bed-rail-w-floor-support-p1411.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA1uHSBRBUEiwAkBCtza-4qAKxMcdb1xtWciQZqP1WgsLL0dKuvddGCg-gqYh6PqudwJ5VHRoC4wkQAvD_BwE

Edited by Calm
22 hours ago, Calm said:

Do you have a brace on the side of the bed to hold on to?  They are relatively cheap and don't have to be that big.  The bed rails with the floor support look the safest to me as they have two sources of stability (the floor and the bar under the mattress) and won't drop as a rail that is just attached to a surface that gives a bit like a box spring might.  I think flat on top rather than rounded might be better if you have to lean on it much the last bit of getting up.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/drive-medical-adjustable-height-home-bed-assist-handle/ID=prod6119866-product?ext=gooPLA_-_Home_Medical&pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku6105094&sst=1a1db981-cf29-4cf1-8d71-92b418921d1d&reactjs=true

https://www.hmemedicalshop.com/hand-bed-rail-w-floor-support-p1411.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA1uHSBRBUEiwAkBCtza-4qAKxMcdb1xtWciQZqP1WgsLL0dKuvddGCg-gqYh6PqudwJ5VHRoC4wkQAvD_BwE

Thanks, I will look into it. There are a number of things I need to do, all around the house. It may get be cheaper to just put me out to pasture, or put me down. :):( 

2 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Thanks, I will look into it. There are a number of things I need to do, all around the house. It may get be cheaper to just put me out to pasture, or put me down. :):( 

Nice thing about the bed support is you don't have to attach it to anything if your top mattress is heavy enough.  So you just adjust the height and slip the counterbalance or whatever it is called in between your mattress in bedspread.

That and having a walker by the bed would be my top suggestions, if you don't have one yet.  Mom switched to a walker instead of canes after her hip surgery and she is tons more stable.  She has one for the home is four wheeled that has a seat she can use to rest (though she has got in the habit of scooting around on it) and it has brakes for moving on a slope.  Adjustable height of course and storage under the seat.  I got her a pouch for her phone that hooks onto the bar.  On her in the car/outdoor exercise walker (no seat, folds up, and makes her stand up straighter), I put shearling handles.  Little comforts like that make having to use it much more bearable.

The walkers without all the fancy stuff are less than $100, if you haven't got one yet, you should just to be able to,stand up with extra support for a few minutes after sitting or lying down.  They fold up flat without the seat, so don't take up much room.  You can also get a tray to set over the handles to carry things if you are nervous about dropping stuff.  If you are serious about a wheelchair, you might think of transitioning  by using the four wheeled and a seat walker, as it functions much like an unmotorized wheelchair but tons less bulky and gives the option of walking when you feel up to it.

On 1/13/2018 at 10:15 PM, strappinglad said:

OK Papa , I'll put you down...... Your nose runs and your feet smell.... you are built upside down Bill...:P

Love it! I'm sure Papa appreciates some humor right now. I hope this is but a blip on his life map and he'll be good as new, or in better shape soon!

Edited by Tacenda
On 1/13/2018 at 10:15 PM, strappinglad said:

OK Papa , I'll put you down...... Your nose runs and your feet smell.... you are built upside down Bill...:P

good one...sure made me smile...Papa...I am getting old with ya here...hang in there!!