Sign in to follow this  
bsjkki

Never rule anyone out

It is in our nature to discount, rule out and shut out those we know, and love. I say it is "in our nature", because that is what the "natural man" does, but our Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, have an unobstructed view. They are able to see clearly where their children might be, be it geographical, or spiritual, and when they are willing or able to accept the Gospel and all other truths. So, you are correct, NEVER count anyone out. Thank you for sharing this story, it is always wonderful to see or hear such happy events. God bless.  

2 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

It is in our nature to discount, rule out and shut out those we know, and love. I say it is "in our nature", because that is what the "natural man" does, but our Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, have an unobstructed view. They are able to see clearly where their children might be, be it geographical, or spiritual, and when they are willing or able to accept the Gospel and all other truths. So, you are correct, NEVER count anyone out. Thank you for sharing this story, it is always wonderful to see or hear such happy events. God bless.  

That is why we have to put off that "natural man."

Some years ago I became acquainted with a wonderful sister missionary who has decided to go on a mission after raising all of her children to adulthood and finding her nest empty (including her husband). She was the poster child for the kindly, loving grandmother with silver hair and an angelic smile. She corresponded with us after she was released and went back home to Utah. One of her letters was joyous in the extreme. She told us of a son that had went on a mission but had immediately gone inactive when he returned. For twenty years she prayed and placed his name in a temple prayer circle every two weeks. Then the son came back. She was overjoyed, needless to say. And this has been a beacon to my wife and I as we have seen so many of our children slip into inactivity and some complete disbelief. We are not going to give up either.

Glenn

My son blessed his sweet new son on Sunday. 18 months earlier when my husband blessed my sons first born, he and his wife decided to go back to church. They were sealed this past June and even though at times it was hard, I have seen miracles that made it possible for them. They have the best Ward and Bishop that have done wonders. I am so grateful to every kindness shown them along their journey back to activity.

3 hours ago, Glenn101 said:

Some years ago I became acquainted with a wonderful sister missionary who has decided to go on a mission after raising all of her children to adulthood and finding her nest empty (including her husband). She was the poster child for the kindly, loving grandmother with silver hair and an angelic smile. She corresponded with us after she was released and went back home to Utah. One of her letters was joyous in the extreme. She told us of a son that had went on a mission but had immediately gone inactive when he returned. For twenty years she prayed and placed his name in a temple prayer circle every two weeks. Then the son came back. She was overjoyed, needless to say. And this has been a beacon to my wife and I as we have seen so many of our children slip into inactivity and some complete disbelief. We are not going to give up either.

Glenn

Do not give up, Glen101... Remember, my inactivity lasted 34 years... and when I came back I was stronger than ever... that was in 1995 and I've never looked back.  I'm just sorry it was my mom's death that turned me around.  My prayer now is that she has been allowed to know that both my sister and I are living lives that would give her happiness...

GG

3 hours ago, Glenn101 said:

Glenn

Indeed we do, it is why I pointed it out.  

I think we generally need to show more faith in reaching out to others. Its amazing what the Lord can do.

Years ago I remember asking a young man when he was planning to go on his mission. He told me that he wasn't going to go. I could have seen him make the choice not to go and easily just assumed there was no hope. Some of us in the leadership of the branch prayed for him. Two days later he announced he was going and had a fire in his eyes to do it. And a good thing too because he went through a lot with family and other issues to be able to go.

It gave me a strong testimony of prayer.

Never rule anyone out.  Never give up.  Never lose hope.  Never stop praying