poptart

Corvette C4

While we are telling tales out of school, years back a friend and I flew to the coast to pick up a used 1968 Dodge Charger running a 440 . We then drove the car back to his shop ( 700 miles ) . Most of the road home was though mountain winding roads. During one section we pulled up behind a vette convertible. For about 10 miles he tried to leave us in his dust. We stayed glued to him .Those big Dodges were not known for their superior handling but on that day it proved to be quite " sports car - like " . Fun times !

15 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Years and years ago my stepbrother had a Corvette (C3) Stingray with the 327 cu in engine. Oh, man, it made the ground rumble when it was merely idling!  He took me for a ride in it once after he tuned it up and it was simply amazing. Took me out on the Garden Grove Freeway in Orange County, CA, and proceeded to treat the other traffic as if they were all standing still.

10 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Before he got pulled over ... but you were feeling generous, so you paid the ticket, right? ;):D 

56 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

No, he was very conservative. Got on at one onramp, got off on the very next offramp. No smokies were in evidence!

Why does that remind me of this? :unknw: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076729/

1 hour ago, strappinglad said:

While we are telling tales out of school, years back a friend and I flew to the coast to pick up a used 1968 Dodge Charger running a 440 . We then drove the car back to his shop ( 700 miles ) . Most of the road home was though mountain winding roads. During one section we pulled up behind a vette convertible. For about 10 miles he tried to leave us in his dust. We stayed glued to him .Those big Dodges were not known for their superior handling but on that day it proved to be quite " sports car - like " . Fun times !

Musta not been any Smokies around then, neither, huh? :D 

P.S.: My brother works for a credit union.  He's quite senior on the staff (in fact, uhhh, he's the boss), so I don't know if he's picked up any repossessed vehicles lately, but I'll have to remember to ask him what the hottest car he's ever repossessed has been. ;) 

Edited by Kenngo1969

58 minutes ago, Kenngo1969 said:

, but I'll have to remember to ask him what the hottest car he's ever repossessed has been. ;) 

I'm going to bet he has seen the odd ' hellcat ' that someone has bought and found it was WAY TOO NASTY for them.