Seriously No Politics ×

Corvette C4

poptart

Anyone have one of these?  Looking to get one in a year or so as a 2nd car.  I'd have to check but some states let you get out of emissions tests if the car is over 25 years.  C4's are cheap considering what they are, parts aren't too hard to find, and the v8 engine, man I get my hands on that i'm going to have so much fun, Think I'll play a game I've always wanted to try, let's see how fast I can drive from CO to SLC and back.

5 hours ago, poptart said:

Anyone have one of these?  Looking to get one in a year or so as a 2nd car.  I'd have to check but some states let you get out of emissions tests if the car is over 25 years.  C4's are cheap considering what they are, parts aren't too hard to find, and the v8 engine, man I get my hands on that i'm going to have so much fun, Think I'll play a game I've always wanted to try, let's see how fast I can drive from CO to SLC and back.

Less fast if you get pulled over. :)

Have fun. 

They have an electric vette, it's called a Tesla ! I, on the other hand prefer a sleeper corvette. The G8 Pontiac or a chev caprice with a 6.1 liter . Very fast 4 door family sedan. Not such a ticket magnet as a vette. I used to drive an ex police car with a vette engine. No end of fun pulling up behind some speeder and watching them slow down and grab their seat belt !

On 10/7/2017 at 6:13 PM, katherine the great said:

I've driven C4s before and they are hella-fun! I had a C5 for several years and I LOVED that car until I gave it up for a Chevy Volt. Now when they come out with the electric Corvette I'll be the first in line. :) Be really careful going over speed bumps and dips and pulling up to a parking block (undercarriage is soooooo low)

That's the one thing that bums me, Can't take it to the places i like to go in the high country. 

18 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

They have an electric vette, it's called a Tesla ! I, on the other hand prefer a sleeper corvette. The G8 Pontiac or a chev caprice with a 6.1 liter . Very fast 4 door family sedan. Not such a ticket magnet as a vette. I used to drive an ex police car with a vette engine. No end of fun pulling up behind some speeder and watching them slow down and grab their seat belt !

Pft could care less about the family part, also I don't want to spend that much, I want a 2nd car that will get me out of so of the high licencing fees and not drain my bank account. 

On 10/8/2017 at 6:04 PM, strappinglad said:

Lel, forgot to add whenever I'm with buddies who have chargers we do the same thing, fun times. 

Since i'm going 80's here found the perfect song for the maiden voyage.

18 hours ago, ttribe said:

BTW, I'm not sure what your budget is, but if you can swing a C5 instead, I think you'll find a significant increase in the underlying performance capabilities of the car.

Funny,  had a buddy tell me the c4 was kind of the sweet spot for car vs price,  please go on I'm still getting into automotive stuff.

4 hours ago, poptart said:

Funny,  had a buddy tell me the c4 was kind of the sweet spot for car vs price,  please go on I'm still getting into automotive stuff.

More power, more refined, and (IMO) better looking.  There are a number of debates about the differences out there on various Corvette forums.

For example: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c5-general-discussion/55245-c4-vs-c5-long-read.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Corvette/comments/2jv81a/c4_or_c5_for_first_vette/

Edited by ttribe
On 10/11/2017 at 11:54 AM, ttribe said:

More power, more refined, and (IMO) better looking.  There are a number of debates about the differences out there on various Corvette forums.

For example: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c5-general-discussion/55245-c4-vs-c5-long-read.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Corvette/comments/2jv81a/c4_or_c5_for_first_vette/

The c4 has that raaaaaaad look though lol.  Thing is, I can see me putting in a lot more money in a c4 than a c5.

Years and years ago my stepbrother had a Corvette (C3) Stingray with the 327 cu in engine. Oh, man, it made the ground rumble when it was merely idling!  He took me for a ride in it once after he tuned it up and it was simply amazing. Took me out on the Garden Grove Freeway in Orange County, CA, and proceeded to treat the other traffic as if they were all standing still.

On 10/8/2017 at 6:04 PM, strappinglad said:

You're devious! :diablo: 

;):D 

5 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Years and years ago my stepbrother had a Corvette (C3) Stingray with the 327 cu in engine. Oh, man, it made the ground rumble when it was merely idling!  He took me for a ride in it once after he tuned it up and it was simply amazing. Took me out on the Garden Grove Freeway in Orange County, CA, and proceeded to treat the other traffic as if they were all standing still.

Before he got pulled over ... but you were feeling generous, so you paid the ticket, right? ;):D 

9 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Before he got pulled over ... but you were feeling generous, so you paid the ticket, right? ;):D 

No, he was very conservative. Got on at one onramp, got off on the very next offramp. No smokies were in evidence!