Seriously No Politics ×

"Genesis: Paradise Lost," in 3D, Nov 13, 2017, tickets available at genesismovie.com .

preview available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP6mt20jWIg .

Evangelical recent creationists are now coming forth with a movie on the Genesis creation, something the Mormons have been doing in their temples for decades.  It'll be interesting to see whether they get it right.

Of course they won't Robert. The movie is going to answer "the truth of who they are" and "why they are here?" They don't have these truths. They believe falsehoods and distortions like original sin and creation ex nihilo. That is why they have lost a majority of the population of Europe. Because their "truth" does not speak truth to the soul. However, I will probably eventually watch this movie, just so I can hopefully counteract the damage it may do. 

D&C 101:

32 Yea, verily I say unto you, in that day when the Lord shall come, he shall reveal all things—

33 Things which have passed, and hidden things which no man knew, things of the earth, by which it was made, and the purpose and the end thereof—

34 Things most precious, things that are above, and things that are beneath, things that are in the earth, and upon the earth, and in heaven.

It will be interesting to see if they can present a story that will explain all of the physical evidence that points to Adam and Eve not being the first humans on the earth.  If their goal is to prove Darwin wrong, it will certainly be interesting movie to watch.  Pass me the popcorn.

57 minutes ago, california boy said:

It will be interesting to see if they can present a story that will explain all of the physical evidence that points to Adam and Eve not being the first humans on the earth.  If their goal is to prove Darwin wrong, it will certainly be interesting movie to watch.  Pass me the popcorn.

I will bring some pop...water...whatever!

1 hour ago, california boy said:

Spoilers: They won't. :P

9 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

"Genesis: Paradise Lost," in 3D, Nov 13, 2017, tickets available at genesismovie.com .

Evangelical recent creationists are now coming forth with a movie on the Genesis creation, something the Mormons have been doing in their temples for decades.  It'll be interesting to see whether they get it right.

oh i can guarantee one side on that one!!

18 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Fun, thanks for the tip.   It was fun to hear the movie makers talk about this as one of the best ways to spread the "gospel", I typically think of the gospel as the message grace and love and salvation, but I guess evangelicals conflate terms just like Mormons do.  Gospel = our tribe's version of religion.  

16 hours ago, california boy said:

It will be interesting to see if they can present a story that will explain all of the physical evidence that points to Adam and Eve not being the first humans on the earth.

Shouldn't be too difficult for them, because they were.

18 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I find it humorous in that preview that these poor people imagine that Darwin's evolutionary theory is the one obstacle/"lie" keeping people out of churches. Such sweet naïveté.

What would you suggest are the big obstacles keeping people out of churches.  I absolutely think Darwinism is a huge obstacle/lie that has reached the status of religion.

18 hours ago, california boy said:

People have to be either "highly educated" or indoctrinated from birth to believe such a silly theory as evolution.

19 minutes ago, snowflake said:

People have to be either "highly educated" or indoctrinated from birth to believe such a silly theory as evolution.

Every member of the biology faculty at BYU is an evolutionary biologist.  For them, it is no difficulty to believe that God used evolution.  Is that really so silly?

18 hours ago, california boy said:

Here is a fun one you can watch on Netflix in the meantime:

49 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Every member of the biology faculty at BYU is an evolutionary biologist.  For them, it is no difficulty to believe that God used evolution.  Is that really so silly?

If they would just read their Bibles they could easily come to the conclusion that evolution is wrong.

25 minutes ago, snowflake said:

What do extra nipples have to do with evolution? All mammals have nipples.

Why do male mammals have nipples?

37 minutes ago, snowflake said:

If they would just read their Bibles they could easily come to the conclusion that evolution is wrong.

According to the Bible I can change the genetics of farm animals by putting a stick in the ground. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by thesometimesaint
1 hour ago, RevTestament said:

How come "extra" supernumerary nipples show up in people? Is it genetic? How come they are in human genes?

https://evolutionnews.org/2012/02/has_darwinism_p/

Darwinism theory is on the ropes, the mechanism is woefully inadequate to explain the massive diversity we see today.  Natural selection does not create new genetic information and genetic mutation only flips zeros to ones and ones to zeroes, it simply cannot create new chunks of code which is necessary for creating new organisms.

51 minutes ago, snowflake said:

They do read their bibles though.  Are there any Evangelical biologists who don't believe in evolution?  

4 hours ago, hope_for_things said:

Fun, thanks for the tip.   It was fun to hear the movie makers talk about this as one of the best ways to spread the "gospel", I typically think of the gospel as the message grace and love and salvation, but I guess evangelicals conflate terms just like Mormons do.  Gospel = our tribe's version of religion.  

Well, yeah...where'd you think Mormons got it from?

3 minutes ago, bluebell said:

They do read their bibles though.  Are there any Evangelical biologists who don't believe in evolution?  

Not sure how they come to the conclusion that Darwinism theory and Genesis agree with one another or are compatible.  Now if you throw out no death before the fall, no global flood, and monkey with the definition of the word "day", there is a way to do the mental gymnastics required to believe in both. 

There are tons of biologists who don't believe in evolution. Evolution news.org....the writers support "intelligent design" over Darwinism.