Scott Lloyd

Scrutinizing general conference

45 minutes ago, kiwi57 said:

I'm glad to hear it.

Would you hold to that even if there was a popular, widespread social movement wherein "swinging" was described as a "sexual orientation" that should be recognised and accepted?

Yes, of course.  And whether or not something is a “widespread social movement” is not relevant to my beliefs despite your implication. 

21 hours ago, rockpond said:

I thought that was obvious to everyone from the moment I posted it. 

I see.

So, when you saw that for the next five pages everyone who commented assumed that Mr Christofferson was claiming to have been excommunicated because he "just identified as gay," and you didn't bother correcting anyone - that was just for fun, right?

2 hours ago, kiwi57 said:

I see.

So, when you saw that for the next five pages everyone who commented assumed that Mr Christofferson was claiming to have been excommunicated because he "just identified as gay," and you didn't bother correcting anyone - that was just for fun, right?

He claimed that back then others were being excommunicated simply for indentifying as gay.  He clearly stated that he felt he should ask to be excommunicated for that reason. But the fact that he believed it was common practice at the time to excommunicate people for identifying as gay is what I thought was intriguing about the quote. 

I thought that was clear and understood by you and others who were commenting. Had I understood differently, I would have offered a correction.