Seriously No Politics ×

An invitation

7 hours ago, Avatar4321 said:

Been thinking about conference coming up and I feel impressed to invite one and all to watch conference and humbly pray for guidance and revelation during this conference. Whether you are member or not, apologist or critic, sinner or saint the Lord will pour His Spirit on those who prayerfully seek it. Ask Him for whatever you need. Even If you don't know what that is.

If you seek the Lord you will find Him

Thank you for the invite.  I work...but I tape it.

8 hours ago, Avatar4321 said:

Been thinking about conference coming up and I feel impressed to invite one and all to watch conference and humbly pray for guidance and revelation during this conference. Whether you are member or not, apologist or critic, sinner or saint the Lord will pour His Spirit on those who prayerfully seek it. Ask Him for whatever you need. Even If you don't know what that is.

If you seek the Lord you will find Him

I will use these upcoming General Conference messages to seek out the Lord, to seek out positive messages that will call me to more righteous living. Each time I watch, I seek to empty my mind and heart of my "natural traits", which are part of the "natural man". Traits such as selfishness, callousness, and watching with an agenda that can leave me in a posture of "check off lists". Lists that must be met, and upon which I will dwell to the exclusion of all other important things. I try to adopt the attitude that I am "willing to give away all my sins to know Him". I am not looking for perfect men and women, with perfect delivery so that I might reject their views. I will instead be watching flawed men and women who despite their weakness, can and will allow the Saviour to speak through them, lift them, and cause both them and myself to rejoice. I won't be keeping count on how many of which gender speaks, nor will I exclude the message of anyone based on that gender. I will however give both equal consideration, without prejudice or profiling. I also will listen and not seek to pick apart each sermon, nor quote mine, to hear only what I wish too. I will seek inspiration, and if need be accept reproving if necessary, as I am often in need of both. I only pray that Gid loves me enough to listen and pray for the wisdom that "surpasses all understanding". By the same token, I will pray for those whom I love, friend or family who have stubbled, as I have many times, and who have lost their way, as I have many times. God bless that we all are able to hear the voice of God, and find the joy we might have lost, or the joy of knowing once again.