Sign in to follow this  
hope_for_things

BYU Caffeine is APPROVED - Breaking news!

20 minutes ago, Nofear said:

Yep, artificial sweeteners do that. Fortunately I have a severe medical condition that seems to offset much of that potential weight gain.

After acclimation, one actually finds sugar pop too … saccharine (ironic use of word noted ☺.

I only like extra spicy ginger beer these days.  For everything else, sugar overwhelms all other flavors and the 'burn' which is why I like pop in the first place is only strong enough for the first gulp or two drinking out of the can/bottle.

I can't abide the aftertaste of artificial sweeteners.  It is as bad as salad dressing instead of mayonnaise in recipes.  Every now and then I get one I think works and then a few seconds later, it's yech, yech, yech.

9 hours ago, hope_for_things said:

Oh man, I missed it...   Those conspiracy theorists might get more traction if they could combine their theories for alien planets and Revelation proof-texting, with Mormon myths.   Missed opportunity I think, just sayin...  

Am off to the sacred groove.

18 hours ago, rchorse said:

As a BYU alumnus, I would have preferred they abandon the no-facial-hair policy first. Never cared much about caffeine.

Baby steps, baby steps... they will get there.

Some want to blame the UofU vs BYU win loss record. I think a marketing campaign had more effect. :)

Cts5s8VWAAACcIN.jpg

10 hours ago, Calm said:

I only like extra spicy ginger beer these days.  For everything else, sugar overwhelms all other flavors and the 'burn' which is why I like pop in the first place is only strong enough for the first gulp or two drinking out of the can/bottle.

I can't abide the aftertaste of artificial sweeteners.  It is as bad as salad dressing instead of mayonnaise in recipes.  Every now and then I get one I think works and then a few seconds later, it's yech, yech, yech.

Bundaberg Ginger Beer is the best, amazing. 

8 hours ago, Button Gwinnett said:

I will look for it.

44 minutes ago, Calm said:

I will look for it.

Yep, that stuff is very good. 

On 9/22/2017 at 8:53 AM, Button Gwinnett said:

It's awesome with bourbon and lime (for those who really want to push the Word of Wisdom...)

It's a football fundraiser. The 1-3 start has resulted in a reduction of donations and money is required to compete with the big boys.