Seriously No Politics ×

An update on our Temple

Duncan

So, we had the groundbreaking for the Temple last December and we were told that they would start construction in Feb. Well, Feb came and went and every month after that and so nothing has been happening in regards to the construction and who knows why. Today at Church they read a letter from the Temple Dept. that they are making some modifications to the floor plan or something and they should start construction in the 1st or 2nd quarter, so hopefully that will actually happen!

That's good.
A quick look on http://ldschurchtemples.org/construction/ shows that there are several that were announced years ago that haven't even had groundbreaking.

Urdaneta Philippines Temple was announced in 2010 and still hasn't been started.

Abidjan Ivory Coast Temple and Bangkok Thailand Temple were announced in 2015 and still not started.

On September 10, 2017 at 6:01 PM, Duncan said:

So, we had the groundbreaking for the Temple last December and we were told that they would start construction in Feb. Well, Feb came and went and every month after that and so nothing has been happening in regards to the construction and who knows why. Today at Church they read a letter from the Temple Dept. that they are making some modifications to the floor plan or something and they should start construction in the 1st or 2nd quarter, so hopefully that will actually happen!

It is very common for this to happen, making changes on paper is easy an inexpensive. Making changes to a floor plan during construction, is time consuming and extremely expensive. Sometimes it is the Church making changes, and other times, Gov't adopting new building codes that require and cause delays. 

1 hour ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

It is very common for this to happen, making changes on paper is easy an inexpensive. Making changes to a floor plan during construction, is time consuming and extremely expensive. Sometimes it is the Church making changes, and other times, Gov't adopting new building codes that require and cause delays. 

yeah, makes sense! Two requirements, actually three is in Canada you need a basement put in (what you would put in a Temple basement is beyond me!) here they want bike racks....and coat room for all the winter coats and boots

16 hours ago, Duncan said:

...Two requirements, actually three is in Canada you need a basement put in (what you would put in a Temple basement is beyond me!)....

Wouldn't you put the change rooms, where you would change into your temple clothes, in the basement? I think the Edmonton Temple is set up that way.

M.

Edited by Maureen
16 minutes ago, Maureen said:

Wouldn't you put the change rooms, where you would change into your temple clothes, in the basement? I think the Edmonton Temple is set up that way.

M.

That could be, I know when they built Regina they didn't have a coat room, they have had to change all that a couple of times over the years! Regina has two change rooms, one for wearing your street wear and that stuff and when you actually go into the Temple to change into your white clothes