Seriously No Politics ×

Church updates statement on Charlotteville

bsjkki

The church felt the need to clarify it's statement from Sunday even further. They are sending a clear message and I hope every Mormon hears it and if needed, changes their thinking. http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-statement-charlottesville-virginia 

It has been called to our attention that there are some among the various pro-white and white supremacy communities who assert that the Church is neutral toward or in support of their views. Nothing could be further from the truth. In the New Testament, Jesus said, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself” (Matthew 22:37-39). The Book of Mormon teaches “all are alike unto God” (2 Nephi 26:33).

White supremacist attitudes are morally wrong and sinful, and we condemn them. Church members who promote or pursue a “white culture” or white supremacy agenda are not in harmony with the teachings of the Church. 

14 minutes ago, ksfisher said:

I'm not sure how anyone could but deliberately misconstrue the meaning and intent of the original statement.  The second one leaves no room for any doubt.

Well, I think our discussion thread yesterday proved some people still had room to believe white nationalist thinking was okay. I'm glad the church is taking a strong, public stance on this and leaving no room for interpretation. 

1 minute ago, bsjkki said:

Well, I think our discussion thread yesterday proved some people still had room to believe white nationalist thinking was okay. I'm glad the church is taking a strong, public stance on this and leaving no room for interpretation. 

I think it's a good opportunity for all of us to examine our own beliefs and possibly make some adjustments to bring ourselves into harmony with the gospel.

4 hours ago, ksfisher said:

I'm not sure how anyone could but deliberately misconstrue the meaning and intent of the original statement.  The second one leaves no room for any doubt.

So you'd think, I was curious to see what Ayla would say (she's the "white culture" advocate/racist mormon on twitter). She went from twisting it into a defense of white culture to flat out rejecting the statement:

I don't listen to the church's PR department, have someone from the first presidency tell me I can't love my culture, then we'll talk

Lady has got a screw loose.

Here's a fuller list of her reactions

With luv,

BD

Edited by BlueDreams
26 minutes ago, BlueDreams said:

So you'd think, I was curious to see what Ayla would say (she's the "white culture" advocate/racist mormon on twitter). She went from twisting it into a defense of white culture to flat out rejecting the statement:

Lady has got a screw loose.

Here's a fuller list of her reactions

With luv,

BD

It is unfortunate that the words of a very few are able to drown out (temporarily) the testimornies of thousands of faithful Latter-day Saints who are doing there best to live in gospel regardless of what color skin they have or where they were born.  

Hopefully one day we will all be able to join with Peter in saying "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him."

(Acts 10:34-35)

28 minutes ago, ksfisher said:

It is unfortunate that the words of a very few are able to drown out (temporarily) the testimornies of thousands of faithful Latter-day Saints who are doing there best to live in gospel regardless of what color skin they have or where they were born.  

Hopefully one day we will all be able to join with Peter in saying "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him."

(Acts 10:34-35)

I agree that it is a few who are (currently) drowning out the testimonies of most that would not agree with the thoughts that drove the Unite the Right rally. I think it's also important to say that there are in many members thoughts and attitudes that can leave people vulnerable to sympathy with the message of said rhetoric. If we're not vigilant that testimony may have moments of being drowned out by extreme perspectives once more. I'm grateful for this updated statement to leave a record of clear and public repudiation. 

With luv,

BD

Edited by BlueDreams
5 hours ago, bsjkki said:

Many from what I have read don't think of it as white nationalism, but preservation of a culture that they have identified as both traditional and white.  Thankfully the Church targeted that language, though I will not be surprised to hear of the appearance of a phrase substituting for "white culture" now that has been condemned.

On 8/15/2017 at 7:51 PM, Calm said:

Many from what I have read don't think of it as white nationalism, but preservation of a culture that they have identified as both traditional and white.  Thankfully the Church targeted that language, though I will not be surprised to hear of the appearance of a phrase substituting for "white culture" now that has been condemned.

What white culture?  The culture in most majority "white" countries have so thoroughly assimilated elements of many other cultures that this Ayla creature would have to pack a lunch if she set out to sort out the white from the non-white. 

In fact, every culture on earth (except possibly for the folks hiding out on North Sentinel Island in the Indian Ocean) has elements of many other cultures.  There is no "pure" culture out there.

They have no leg to stand on.

1 hour ago, Stargazer said:

What white culture?  The culture in most majority "white" countries have so thoroughly assimilated elements of many other cultures that this Ayla creature would have to pack a lunch if she set out to sort out the white from the non-white. 

In fact, every culture on earth (except possibly for the folks hiding out on North Sentinel Island in the Indian Ocean) has elements of many other cultures.  There is no "pure" culture out there.

Yep

7 hours ago, Stargazer said:

If they try to take away my tacos it will not end well for them.:aggressive:

Thankfully there are not that many white supremacists, probably less than 1% of the population.  Now we are hearing reports of leftists going undercover pretending to be alt-right and instigating an "event" in order to further the "narrative."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/08/something_stinks_about_charlottesville.html

"- - - that this character, Jason Kessler, who organized the suspicious and supposed Alt-Right demonstration in Charlottesville, Va. that blew up in everyone's face, is a cunning lefty holdover from the Occupy Wall Street movement and a former Barack Obama supporter."

"I've been suspicious of the nature of the violence at this supposed Alt-Right demonstration since the news first began breaking.  It is no secret that radical elements in the Democrat left have been routinely utilizing violence when it suits their purposes.  We also know via secret tapings by Project Veritas that the Democratic Party has a semi-official director of dirty ops, **** Creamer, who hires, trains, and emplaces professional disruptors to encounter, engage, and infiltrate conservative demonstrations to foment violence, assuring that the demonstrations then become the targets of negative media attention – naturally, against the conservative side.  Creamer was caught on videotape boasting about his nefarious capabilities when he thought he was in friendly company."

7 hours ago, The Nehor said:

If they try to take away my tacos it will not end well for them.:aggressive:

If you mean your Taco Bell, those, sir, are not tacos. Those are gringo imitations of the true taco.

(Actually, I like Taco Bell, but I recognize that it isn't true Mexican cuisine)

3 hours ago, longview said:

Thankfully there are not that many white supremacists, probably less than 1% of the population.  Now we are hearing reports of leftists going undercover pretending to be alt-right and instigating an "event" in order to further the "narrative."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/08/something_stinks_about_charlottesville.html

"- - - that this character, Jason Kessler, who organized the suspicious and supposed Alt-Right demonstration in Charlottesville, Va. that blew up in everyone's face, is a cunning lefty holdover from the Occupy Wall Street movement and a former Barack Obama supporter."

"I've been suspicious of the nature of the violence at this supposed Alt-Right demonstration since the news first began breaking.  It is no secret that radical elements in the Democrat left have been routinely utilizing violence when it suits their purposes.  We also know via secret tapings by Project Veritas that the Democratic Party has a semi-official director of dirty ops, **** Creamer, who hires, trains, and emplaces professional disruptors to encounter, engage, and infiltrate conservative demonstrations to foment violence, assuring that the demonstrations then become the targets of negative media attention – naturally, against the conservative side.  Creamer was caught on videotape boasting about his nefarious capabilities when he thought he was in friendly company."

Now this reminds me of someone. Charles Manson by name.  It was his intent, in the Tate-LaBianca murders, to incite a race war by murdering white people and leaving suggestions that the murders had been done by black people, presuming that white retaliation would lead blacks to rebel. 

I talked to a friend today and she did not know why the church needed to come out with two statements this week against racism. She did not realize people like Ayla existed in the church and that these statements were necessary. She was horrified that there were Mormons who were white nationalists. I think this op-ed in the Deseret News will also be educational because some, because they do not see it, do not realize it exists. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865686989/Op-ed-Speaking-to-the-pain-of-a-black-Mormon-woman.html 

"The last time the N-word was hurled at me was in April 2017. And yes, it was the full word. Sadly, I was angrier that the guy reset my clock than I was at being called a racial slur. Trust me, every black person distinctly remembers the last time they were called the N-word. Now, thanks to some saint with a slick tongue, it’s a frighteningly fresh wound from 2017. Oh, and if you’re wondering why I referred to him as a “saint,” well that’s the part of the verbal victimization that devastated me, he was a member of my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

Edited by bsjkki
5 hours ago, Stargazer said:

If you mean your Taco Bell, those, sir, are not tacos. Those are gringo imitations of the true taco.

(Actually, I like Taco Bell, but I recognize that it isn't true Mexican cuisine)

I like authentic Mexican and good Tex-Mex. Taco Bell is neither. I still eat it occasionally. I suspect they put something addictive into it because I do not like it but occasionally I crave it.