Seriously No Politics ×

Does being a devout Christian make a person unfit for public office

bsjkki

3 hours ago, thesometimesaint said:

I have no problem with telling people when something is none of their business, and no law requires me to answer (miss)leading questions. If I choose to answer the onus is on me to explain what I mean, but am under no legal requirement to do so. Whether anyone else likes my answers or not Too Darn Bad. In so many words my religion is between me and my God. (miss)leading questions by critics about my religion deserve no response, or a polite "None of your business".

I do not agree with this style of litmus test but in politics, none of your business doesn't cut it. Demonizing someone based on hereafter beliefs or religious based moral judgements is not healthy in a free society.  How someone is willing to protect legal rights for all is much more pertinent.

On 6/22/2017 at 0:37 AM, thesometimesaint said:

Bishops have one wife, each is an individual wife. The Church no longer practices polygamy in this life, but is open to its practice in the next.

So? Is not the Old Testament part of Christian canon? BTW  Christians have been polygamous throughout history. They still are in some countries.

Matthew 22:30 

New International Version
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.