Seriously No Politics ×

Hearts 2 fathers, and dutiful reporting

Burial customs among forefathers / foremothers:

Not long after the collapse of Nephite civilization in the Americas, we are provided a viewing of burial customs in Europe among one people (whose origin dates back to the Hagoth diaspora), a people who specifically spoke of origins across the water from a land's name meaning desolation, and who referred to themselves as "other sheep" Jesus had anciently promised to visit. A brief glimpse of their burial customs:

4 "Girls and women appear to have worn long-sleeved single-piece linen undergarments extending down to the knees..." 3

latest?cb=20121109110332

Edited by hagoth7

Speaking of them, one European archaeologist said that based on the gap, restoration, and shift in ancient burial practices in one coastal epicenter of northern Europe, the evidence suggests the arrival of "a new people" dating to *approximately* 30 BC. (Romans recorded *what they assumed to be* an initial encounter with that people one generation later.) 

As of time of publication, their bones had basically undergone zero scientific examination. Consider all of Ezekiel 37.

sks

Edited by hagoth7

Cousins nearby, specifically claiming to descend from Nefi, recorded their account of things, contemporary with the Viking era, in an epic lay recorded by clerics, apparently intended for nobility and fellow clerics.

Edited by hagoth7

A parallel account from further north echoes the message of an ancient clash between one of their heroes and his one-eyed brother Odin, (a thumping given to invading Roman forces in 9 AD that emperors and generals would never forget).

Such accounts say that their earliest patriarch on the continent had a son named Humli (? the origin of the word "humble"?), which appears to be a name given to describe their early servant-king Scyld/Shield.

Northern accounts date his arrival in Europe by sea/ship to the mid 1st century BC.

nytimes_1776_one_if_by_land_two_if_by_se

Edited by hagoth7
On 6/5/2017 at 6:34 AM, hagoth7 said:

...A brief glimpse of their burial customs:

..."Girls and women appear to have worn long-sleeved single-piece linen undergarments extending down to the knees..." ...

Neil Christie, The Lombards, p. 43

On 6/5/2017 at 6:56 AM, hagoth7 said:

...one European archaeologist said that based on the gap, restoration, and shift in ancient burial practices in one coastal epicenter of northern Europe, the evidence suggests the arrival of "a new people" dating to *approximately* 30 BC.... 

As of time of publication, their bones had basically undergone zero scientific examination....

Neil Christie, The Lombards, pgs. 6-7

On 6/5/2017 at 7:02 AM, hagoth7 said:

Cousins nearby, specifically claiming to descend from Nefi, recorded their account of things, contemporary with the Viking era, in an epic lay recorded by clerics...

Nibelunglied (and its cognates in several other European sources)

3 hours ago, hagoth7 said:

Oh my.

This summer, another Tolkien nerd and I are re-reading (for the umpteenth time) Lord of the Rings together and having a discussion once a week over each book. For those not in the know, Lord of the Rings is one novel, comprised of three volumes, which have 2 books each. So there is a total of 6 "books" which makes for 6 weeks of discussion (yes, we are allowing outside information from the Silmarillion in the discussions).

I can't wait to bring in the Book of Mormon/Nephite connection... ;)

On 6/7/2017 at 11:16 PM, MiserereNobis said:

Oh my.

This summer, another Tolkien nerd and I are re-reading (for the umpteenth time) Lord of the Rings together and having a discussion once a week over each book. For those not in the know, Lord of the Rings is one novel, comprised of three volumes, which have 2 books each. So there is a total of 6 "books" which makes for 6 weeks of discussion (yes, we are allowing outside information from the Silmarillion in the discussions).

I can't wait to bring in the Book of Mormon/Nephite connection... ;)

Sounds extremely fun. (And very fast paced.)

Since you're including things beyond the core narratives (poor Hobbit), I highly recommend this and this. (As to the latter title, as some Tolkien nerds know, Mediterranean = Middle Earth...)

Please let us know how the readings/discussions go.

In the near future, I may get around to commenting on the rings you specifically asked about. If not, Nibelunglied and the like round things out. As do things like the Saxon arrival account (Widukind) of their landfall in Europe under Hadugoth. Or, in shorthand:

Trelleborg%20ph.jpg

Edited by hagoth7

As to ring "bearers", my knowledge of such is mostly firsthand, once resembling this little guy from a fun movie....years back at my sister's wedding: 

bbd07672e9c4195b79cebedd2d3a91b1.jpg

And I slept at a Holiday Inn Express at least once, so that supposedly makes me quasi-qualified to add this:

As to rings and bearers, the ring in northern Europe is said to have once been presented on the tip of a sword, suggesting, among other things, that he had proven and/or promised to defend and fight for her (?and her people?). In addition to representing eternity, I believe the metal ring symbolizes and traces back to the fortified rings of ancient and medieval Europe. And I believe that those who promised to support, bear, and defend such a community represent the ring-bearing tradition that matters most. Ammonites, some of whom were part of Hagoth's diaspora, were such an ideal. 

That's some of my thought on rings...and peripheral thoughts about bearers.

A word or two should be pushed online in the next few days relating to the origin/symbolism of the word bear, its origins, and its relation to a number of other old European narratives....

Edited by hagoth7
On 6/6/2017 at 10:29 PM, MiserereNobis said:

As a Tolkien fan, I must ask for clarification as to how the Elven ring-bearers connect to Mormonism...

In the meantime, what is your take on the significance of Elven ring bearers?

• 2 weeks later...