Seriously No Politics ×

conference

BG, you got to do what you got to do.

While in Moscow, I made a point to never use a public bathroom, even the spotlessly clean one in the elementary school we met in for church reeked.  The university where my husband taught had a restroom filthier than anything I have seen in the US.

It is beyond my imagination (because I refuse to imagine it) what it must be like in less developed areas.

Edited by Calm
20 minutes ago, Calm said:

While in Moscow, I made a point to never use a public bathroom, even the spotlessly clean one in the elementary school we met in for church reeked.  The university where my husband taught had a restroom filthier than anything I have seen in the US.

It is beyond my imagination (because I refuse to imagine it) what it must be like in less developed areas.

Yes, we are very fortunate, I don't know what I'd do either in another country that didn't have nice facilities. Or imagine how our ancestors got a long. 

7 hours ago, Calm said:

Once while riding the public transit bus to our area in Nicaragua, the Gambu struck with uncommon urgency. We frantically asked the driver to stop and ran out to look for facilities. None were to be found. So, we banged on some person's door and when he answered, we begged him to let us use his baño. A couple of Gringos at your door asking to do what? He reluctantly agreed. We embarrassingly walked through the small house. The family and some other people were watching TV. We found the necessary place in the back. No TP. Oh well. On the way out we profusely thanked them, headed for the bus, and made it home before the next round came up...out. No baptisms resulted from that visit.

13 hours ago, The Nehor said:

And what if I forget important plot points while talking to people at the door?

Yeah....:)  Hey...I always let the missionaries in to talk to...some are intriqued that I have left the church..and some are plain scared and out the door they go.  But I always let them know I am a friend.

• 11 months later...
On 3/31/2017 at 2:58 PM, Ouagadougou said:

Not really...are they really going to proclaim/say anything that we haven't heard 1000 times already?  Hours and hours of talks that have already been given (just with different names).  Conference is way too boring for me to sit through and listen all the way through.  I'll probably read a few talks once they are available after conference.  I think my time can be spent better with my family enjoying nature and this world (exercising) instead of sitting on my couch for hours (pretending like I'm interested or playing on my phone) trying to stay awake, as I listen to the same message I have heard numerous times already.  

I suggest you read this months First Presidency message.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:53 AM, Tacenda said:

I wonder what surprises are to come, if any. And I wonder the ways they can make the Easter message shine. 

For the members, I hope there is a message of just Jesus Christ..and something that lets members know that they are important...not that they just need to do more..give more..but to really thank them for their service.