Seriously No Politics ×

Tornado Touchdown...My well, well house, and all else gone!

It is the middle of the night, we have a Tornado or stong winds destroyed my well, well house, well infrastructure is gone! This will take days if not a week to get us any water again. I just pray that all will be covered on our homeowners. In the meanwhile got to figure out where to start, I can't do anything because of my back! 

Where to start? Any suggestions, it also did a lot of damage to our roof. 

52 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

It is the middle of the night, we have a Tornado or stong winds destroyed my well, well house, well infrastructure is gone! This will take days if not a week to get us any water again. I just pray that all will be covered on our homeowners. In the meanwhile got to figure out where to start, I can't do anything because of my back! 

Where is the elders' quorum?  Should be covered by your homeowners insurance, and you should get on the phone to your adjuster.  He may be able to get a repair company to make an estimate and get started on repairs right away.  Meantime the Relief Society should see about getting bottled water to you and yours.

4 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Where is the elders' quorum?  Should be covered by your homeowners insurance, and you should get on the phone to your adjuster.  He may be able to get a repair company to make an estimate and get started on repairs right away.  Meantime the Relief Society should see about getting bottled water to you and yours.

True, it is the middle of the night here right now. I'll also contact Bishop or High Priest Group tomorrow as well. But, for the next eight hours it will have wait for sunrise, just so I will find out just where all the debris is. 

Are you hooked up to any other water at all?  Minimal toilet flushing can occur by having a garbage bag for used toilet paper rather than down the drain (experience of Dad cutting down our toilet water usage to only flushing for solid waste during the big CA drought back in the 70s, dishwater was pour into the toilets for flushing if the timing was right).

if you don't have medium bottles for water as I assume the big ones are too big for your back, Walmart isn't too expensive, has a variety of sizes and they have screw on tops so you can reuse them....maybe a friendly neighbor will fill them up for you if church members are too far away.  The cheaper water dispensers for bottled water are excruciatingly slow.  I prefer to get squarish containers that can stack and that use a screw in faucet for quicker delivery.  Easier to move as well as less lifting (lift it up to the table in both arms, put in 'faucet' and then tilt down rather than having to lift and hold with one arm while using to other to turn it completely upside down to pop into the water dispenser before the water all pours out).

Thank goodness you're alive!  :D  Praying for you that all will be "well" soon. 

5 minutes ago, VideoGameJunkie said:

I wasn't aware Atlanta got tornadoes. I thought they were a Midwest and central America thing.

Oh yea, we get them a lot. Downtown Atlanta was hit a few years ago blowing windows out of a 50 story high rise, from floor 20 to the top. Last night in Atlanta a man died when a tree fell onto his house killing him. I have personally witness three F-4's here in my lifetime, many more smaller ones. 

21 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

1 - Call your insurance agent.

2 - Call your home teacher.

3 - Call your HP Group Leader.

I am so sorry.  I can not do anything anymore because of my back.  Getting old is certainly inconvenient.