Seriously No Politics ×

Another Mormon Leak: This one is Damaging to Church Public Image

In a newly released leak, the temple ordinance records of several famous/infamous historical figures has been leaked.  This one will cause a public relations uproar from the Jewish community not only because it contains famous Jews but also the temple work records of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun. The names of Native American Indian Chiefs were also leaked.  This is embarrassing for the church for so many reasons

https://mormonleaks.io/newsroom/2017-02-21-mormonleaks-releases-records-documenting-temple-ordinances-of-seventeen-public-figures/

the church agreed to stop doing temple work for holocaust victims in 1991...and yet it continues 

http://www.jewishgen.org/InfoFiles/ldsagree.html

Edited by Johnnie Cake

Another Mormon Leak: This one is Damaging to Church Public Image

He crowed loudly from the rooftops?

If one doesn't relish the thought of another person suspecting his motives, then perhaps he should consider whether his words, apparent attitudes, and actions might give people just cause to suspect those motives?

Give us your best sales pitch about why you are part of the loyal opposition. (No, really, you are.)  Personally, that strikes me as the equivalent of peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining, but, hey!  Whatever works!

Just sayin'! ;) 

Edited by Kenngo1969
Just now, Johnnie Cake said:

01. Adolf Hitler <--- enough said

02. Baptizing Jews after agreeing to stop

03. Baptizing Native American Chiefs...an affront to native Americans (yes they will be offended)

04. Baptizing Bob Marley (an affront to Bob Marley fans :-)

All sinners need all the ordinances offered in the temple to have as much fruit as our Lord wants us to have before he rewards someone with as much glory/intelligence as he and our Father have.  Those who don't have that much fruit won't be getting as much.

But it's not the fruit that saves us.  It is our Lord who saves us and it is then up to us to produce our own fruit.

7 minutes ago, Johnnie Cake said:

I'm embarrassed for the church...

Are you really, now? :huh:

Oh. :unsure: 

Okay. :unknw: 

(Pee isn't rain.)

Edited by Kenngo1969
15 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

The word "leak" implies that there was something secret or new about this  In reality this topic has been rehashed a million times and the records available to whomever wants to see them.  Hardly a "leak", embarrassing, or news worthy.

At least some of it was known, but it had tried to be deleted or hidden in the past:

http://nowscape.com/mormon/hitler_temple_records.htm

Edited by JulieM
6 minutes ago, Johnnie Cake said:

03. Baptizing Native American Chiefs...an affront to native Americans (yes they will be offended)

Your embarrassment doesn't make a lot of sense.  Did you not understand LDS beliefs, or just find out about this?

5 minutes ago, Johnnie Cake said:

So in your belief, doing something someone else won't like is a reason to be embarrassed?

Yeah, nothing new here. Trying to tell when a member submits their family names who is or isn't a Jew is a non-trivial problem. Extraction of known Jewish records was stopped. They've also cracked down on people submitting names of people they're not related to. (Back in the day I did the work for many famous scientists including Gauss whose religious quest I found fascinating and felt a connection to) 

So this is nothing new and comes up like clockwork every few years. As others noted it's hardly hidden either. Anyone with an account (most members) can look this stuff up.

What's more interesting is that these leakers haven't found anything particularly interesting at all after months of trying. I kind of figured they'd at least find something of interest. It's all been pretty meh.

Edited by clarkgoble
1 hour ago, Johnnie Cake said:

In a newly released leak, the temple ordinance records of several famous/infamous historical figures has been leaked.  This one will cause a public relations uproar from the Jewish community not only because it contains famous Jews but also the temple work records of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun. The names of Native American Indian Chiefs were also leaked.  This is embarrassing for the church for so many reasons

https://mormonleaks.io/newsroom/2017-02-21-mormonleaks-releases-records-documenting-temple-ordinances-of-seventeen-public-figures/

the church agreed to stop doing temple work for holocaust victims in 1991...and yet it continues 

I haven't looked at the leak, but actually that is NOT what the Church promised. Any Jewish converts or other descendants can continue to do baptisms for their deceased relatives even if they happen to be holocaust victims. The deal was not to just get names off a list of victims. I don't think that applies to names from census, birth records, etc. Now you seem to expect the church to conduct research as to whether every name it receives was a holocaust victim. 

53 minutes ago, Johnnie Cake said:

Like others here, I have to say he is a sinner, and may have a chance to repent.

See above

I am glad you feel empowered to speak for them - ok maybe not. Actually it seems as presumptuous of you as you believe the Church is being.

Hah. I happen to be one of those fans. Funny I don't feel offended at all.....

I'm embarrassed for the church...they won't baptize the children of a legally married gay couples but they'll baptize Adolf Hitler and worse yet seal him to his wife Eva Braun

I think you work really hard at feeling embarrassed or offended for others, and splashing that all over the web. You know what? I am entitled to my own feelings without you presuming to speak for me...

Edited by RevTestament
typos
51 minutes ago, Johnnie Cake said:

The church does not do the work, members do.

How do you stop some yahoo for doing what they are not supposed to do?

This is a non-issue.

Look out or I will put a hex on you.

How are you going to stop me?

Ridiculous 

31 minutes ago, clarkgoble said:

Yeah, nothing new here. Trying to tell when a member submits their family names who is or isn't a Jew is a non-trivial problem. Extraction of known Jewish records was stopped. They've also cracked down on people submitting names of people they're not related to. (Back in the day I did the work for many famous scientists including Gauss whose religious quest I found fascinating and felt a connection to) 

So this is nothing new and comes up like clockwork every few years. As others noted it's hardly hidden either. Anyone with an account (most members) can look this stuff up.

What's more interesting is that these leakers haven't found anything particularly interesting at all after months of trying. I kind of figured they'd at least find something of interest. It's all been pretty meh.

I'm much more accustomed to cyber-seeing you on my infrequent visits to Times and Seasons.  Nice to cyber-see you here.  You should grace us with your presence here more often. :) 

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Feel like doing a poll? ... to see how many people, if any, are embarrassed by what you are saying? 

How about we discuss the topic instead of who's embarrassed and who isn't?

Let's discuss what the leaks contain and answer some questions that have been asked, ok?

Nice distraction tactic though. :D

Edited by JulieM