Seriously No Politics ×

Falcons lose yet again...

The Falcons are an expansion team. Wait a few more centuries. Until the Lions win...I won't pull for a Falcon...which is why I suggest a few centuries.

I had no intention of watching, but I got snagged. Tom Brady...Tuned in at 28-3. 28-9...missing the extra point. To tie you have to make two point conversions twice! They do it. The falcons never on the field...Patriots win the toss. Its all over!!!

That was why I love football. As good as it gets on earth.

Edited by 3DOP
45 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Good season. Bad ending...wsppecually when are one time we were up 21 point.

When will be ever learn, "Too Wn!

It doesn't seem like you all are losing "yet again". It has to taste bad, but Atlanta has the Braves...from Boston, and you have one World Series...the Hawks from St. Louis...and nothing plus nothing equals nothing. But you have that game where Bird and that jumper guy guy go at it...I can't remember his name...Wilkins! Dominique! But the Hawks have never been bigger than that 4th quarter that might have put them over the top. This Super Bowl should have been big for Atlanta. Now again I think the baseball Braves are your biggest thing. You have a part of Aaron's career. Even so Davey Johnson comes there from Baltimore and hits 40 homers, when he'd never hit twenty. If Willie Mays had been in Atlanta instead of Candlestick, he'd have made 700 at least, maybe not 755. Put Aaron in SF and it would have evened out. Anyway...I guess you all have been there 51 years...and I still think of you as an expansion team...and always will...like the Mets, the Colt 45's, the Senators, and the Angels....and those Saints who manage to win one.

2 hours ago, Buckeye said:

I was hurting for you last night. It probably doesn't help much to hear at this point, but this Cleveland boy knows your pain. 

Thanks, it was difficult. 

11 hours ago, 3DOP said:

It doesn't seem like you all are losing "yet again". It has to taste bad, but Atlanta has the Braves...from Boston, and you have one World Series...the Hawks from St. Louis...and nothing plus nothing equals nothing. But you have that game where Bird and that jumper guy guy go at it...I can't remember his name...Wilkins! Dominique! But the Hawks have never been bigger than that 4th quarter that might have put them over the top. This Super Bowl should have been big for Atlanta. Now again I think the baseball Braves are your biggest thing. You have a part of Aaron's career. Even so Davey Johnson comes there from Baltimore and hits 40 homers, when he'd never hit twenty. If Willie Mays had been in Atlanta instead of Candlestick, he'd have made 700 at least, maybe not 755. Put Aaron in SF and it would have evened out. Anyway...I guess you all have been there 51 years...and I still think of you as an expansion team...and always will...like the Mets, the Colt 45's, the Senators, and the Angels....and those Saints who manage to win one.

I. The 90's Atlanta was the team, and the Falcons we east to beat. They have only been to two Superbowl's, lost both. Now the Braves or Ho-hum. As for the Hawks, here's hoping. BTW, I fixed my original post, I was half asleep when I typed it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On February 6, 2017 at 11:50 AM, halconero said:

This is the most Atlanta thing to have happened to Atlanta.

Also, for all the hate the Pats get, I think that Tom Brady's status as one of, if not the greatest QB, in NFL history is beyond any reasonable dispute at this point.

One of the greats, yes. Terry Bradshaw also, if not the best. Matt Ryan will have his day, just not this time.