Jump to content
bsjkki

Washington Post article--Where is the Mormon Church on Trump

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, thesometimesaint said:

 

You do realize that Mormon's have killed Christians? It must be our totalitarian ideology.

Christians killing Christians in Syria.

SEE https://stream.org/fighting-christians-syria-civil-war-politics/

So far as I'm concerned, the debate is if killing others for not "correctly"  believing in God is Islamic doctrine or not. Many say yes and many say no. Jihadists clearly say yes.

Edited by Darren10

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Gray said:

Breitbart has admitted to catering to the alt right. Quoting them as a news source is as about as respectable as posting a David Duke for Senator sign on your lawn. 

Yes, they have admitted to it and clearly they do cater to the ALT right but that does not make them racist unless you classify news organizations who cater to the ALT Left as racist.

Edit to add: This assumes that racism while part of the far Left and Right are mutually exclusive from those two polarizing categorizations.

Edited by Darren10

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Darren10 said:

Yes, they have admitted to it and clearly they do cater to the ALT right but that does not make them racist unless you classify news organizations who cater to the ALT Left as racist.

Edit to add: This assumes that racism while part of the far Left and Right are mutually exclusive from those two polarizing categorizations.

The alt right is white nationalism, a racist ideology. 

It has nothing to do with left or right. Conservative is not a synonym for racist, but the alt right is very explicitly about racism. 

"Alt left" seems to be a term recently invented by the right wing news media. It's meaningless. On the other hand, there are people who actually consider themselves alt right (and Breitbart is one of their flagship propaganda rags).

Edited by Gray

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Darren10 said:

Yes, there are/were those who worked at Breitbart with racist past. Steve Bannon is one of them. He and others still may have a racist tendencies but that does not make Breitbart News, a website I rarely go to, a racist site and it surely does not mean to imply that those who get their news there or find them more credible than CNN are racist, which is precisely what you implied.

Let me stop implying. I am saying that many (probably most) of those who go to Breitbart go there because they are racist Nazis, KKK, and white supremacists to a large degree. They go there because it caters to that worldview. Catering to that worldview is bad. Therefore being a Breitbart news supporter is like being a passive milquetoast Nazi. One should never be content to be a milquetoast Nazi. They should either become a fiery active Nazi with the strength of their horrible convictions or stop being a terrible person.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, bsjkki said:

I'm breaking a rule here...and citing a conservative source. This ban is temporary. There is a Christian genocide taking place and those from minority religions should be helped. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444370/donald-trump-refugee-executive-order-no-muslim-ban-separating-fact-hysteria https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/magazine/is-this-the-end-of-christianity-in-the-middle-east.html?_r=0 And just an FYI, David French is a never-Trumper. 

The question isn't whether christian refugees should be admitted. They should. It's showing an absolute favoritism in policy towards christian refugees over others. All refugees are children of God. They are all displaced, at risk, and struggling. Unlike most here, I actually have a close relative (my bio-dad) who was an in-country refugee at one point in his life. He was also a christian one. I don't think his suffering somehow supersedes the suffering that others faced just because his religious leanings may be slightly closer to my own. It doesn't mitigate his suffering or remove concern for those facing persecution to state that all should have equal access to refugee services.

Quote

One more exercise for you since my bias as a right of center thinker and my viewing of the chart is only based on my bias and not as fact (that is how I interpreted your comment to me), go read the headlines from all those sources and jot down, where you think they should fall based on their current reporting. As we all know, statistics can be made or interpreted in so many different ways in order to fit whatever agenda people support so understanding the source is vitally important when analyzing the statistics. 

Honestly, I don't have time for that. I read from whatever sources interest me, work to stay away from ones that have blatant biases that are too left or too right, look for ones that have more intelligent critical dialogue, and call it good.

 

With luv,

BD 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Gray said:

The alt right is white nationalism, a racist ideology. 

It has nothing to do with left or right. Conservative is not a synonym for racist, but the alt right is very explicitly about racism. 

"Alt left" seems to be a term recently invented by the right wing news media. It's meaningless. On the other hand, there are people who actually consider themselves alt right (and Breitbart is one of their flagship propaganda rags).

Yes, that is what ALT Right means: white supremacy but it's a conjured up term with no real meaning, only social app,ication. Therefore I simply split the way it is used with the meaning of racism and applied it yo the Left who are, in my opinion, more racist. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Let me stop implying. I am saying that many (probably most) of those who go to Breitbart go there because they are racist Nazis, KKK, and white supremacists to a large degree. They go there because it caters to that worldview. Catering to that worldview is bad. Therefore being a Breitbart news supporter is like being a passive milquetoast Nazi. One should never be content to be a milquetoast Nazi. They should either become a fiery active Nazi with the strength of their horrible convictions or stop being a terrible person.

"I am saying that many (probably most) of those who go to Breitbart go there because they are racist Nazis, KKK, and white supremacists to a large degree."

 

Reference please? 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Darren10 said:

Yes, that is what ALT Right means: white supremacy but it's a conjured up term with no real meaning, only social app,ication. Therefore I simply split the way it is used with the meaning of racism and applied it yo the Left who are, in my opinion, more racist. 

There are people who self-identify as alt right. Breitbart specifically caters to them. I'm not aware that alt left is even a thing outside of rhetorical jabs from right wing sources. 

Maybe it could become a thing. There are plenty of left wing loonies. But they typically don't advocate for the kinds of traditional racism espoused by the KKK and the alt reit. 

 

Edited by Gray

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Darren10 said:

Gray;

Wouldn't this be the alt left? 

WARNING: Vulgar language.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/30/blm-anti-trump-protest-in-seattle-we-need-to-start-killing-people/

 

Nehor;

I bet they watch CNN and goto the Huffinton Post for world view stuff.

Alt left isn't really a thing yet. Maybe it will become a thing. I'm not clicking the link (I've had too many bad experiences with spyware embedded in alternative news sources), but from the headline it sounds like a nutcase.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...