Sign in to follow this  
bluebell

A Republican o.k. with Mormon Genocide

Just now, Calm said:

Bill Clinton faced some accusers years ago. Whether or not he faced his own demons is debatable, imo.  He seemed to be very good at avoiding them from what I saw, and likely with Hillary's help.

My thinking Trump is scum for the way he treats people isn't in any way helping my attitude about Hillary and her husband.  They all appear to me to be selfish users.

One thing that befuddles me is that people seem to accuse Hillary of being somehow responsible for her husband's behaviour, is a woman to blame for her cheater husband? There is a difference between sexual assault and cheating. Trump is a pig but an election shouldn't be about who is less of a sexual predator! 

A woman who intimidates a victim of her husband so as to repress her testimony or otherwise helps hide his behaviour is in part morally responsible for future assaults her husband makes, imo.  

It is all what it says about how they view other human beings and what they are willing to do to fulfill their own desires at the cost of others.

Neither appear, imo, to care about protecting anyone, but themselves in anything, but the abstract sense.  When it comes to reality, I trust neither to make a decision based on what it will do to others; just what it can do for them.  Nor am I sure either of them are wise or prudent enough to realize how there may be longterm benefits in doing something that might appear less likely to produce paysoff for them in fame, fortune, and power.

Edited by Calm

I know it is a little late but I have decided to run for President to give you a candidate you can believe in. I support the reinstitution of slavery for anyone who ever causes elevator music to be played, invading Canada and making it a protectorate, mandatory euthanasia for all poodles, and free Legos for everyone.

NEHOR 2016!

I will throw in a free title of knighthood and a George Foreman grill for all my voters. Terms and conditions may apply. Offer not valid in Arkansas.

Edited by The Nehor

I find it sad that when it comes to defending your candidate of choice in this thread the main axis of attack is how much worse the other person is. No one is actually praising their candidate of choice. I vote we call a mulligan and start over.

If only, sigh (both for the mulligan and the free legos).

1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

I find it sad that when it comes to defending your candidate of choice in this thread the main axis of attack is how much worse the other person is. No one is actually praising their candidate of choice. I vote we call a mulligan and start over.

If only we could. ☹️️ To seek common ground and with todays developments, doesn't it feel like we are all trapped watching a bad movie that should never have been made?

Edited by bsjkki

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

Never mind...:P I had a big long post and lost it.  Maybe that is a good thing.

Edited by Jeanne

5 hours ago, bluebell said:

Can you provide a reference for that, because it contradicts my own study, which shows that even now, the federal government cannot require any insurance to cover abortion?

Officially, you are correct. But, like many government-controlled programs, simply ignore the rules and do what people in power believe is best.

The report, commissioned by House Republican leadership and obtained by POLITICO on Monday night, found that 15 insurers in a sample of 18 are selling Obamacare plans that do not segregate funds to cover abortion (except in cases of rape, incest or the mother’s life) from their Obamacare subsidies.

The Affordable Care Act requires that insurers collect separate payments from customers for abortion coverage so that taxpayer money in the form of subsidies do not cover abortions. Adoption of the complex payment scheme — which essentially requires customers to send two separate payments to their insurers — was pivotal to getting the health law through Congress. Anti-abortion Democrats brokered the arrangement shortly before the law passed, threatening to vote against it without the restrictive language.

(snip)

Among a sample of 18 insurers, “all but three issuers indicated that the [abortion coverage] benefit is not subject to any restrictions, limitations, or exclusions,” the GAO wrote in its report.

The vast majority of people who bought coverage on the exchanges did so with subsidies. According to government figures, 87 percent of the 5.4 million people who bought a plan on HealthCare.gov in the last enrollment period did so with at least some subsidy .

There is no data provided on how many plans have paid for abortions so far.

So, I will alter my language and say that the ACA does cover abortions despite restrictive language prohibiting the use of tax-payer funds to do so.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/gao-report-obamacare-abortion-rules-ignored-110990

6 hours ago, bluebell said:

Both sides sincerely believe the other is basically harboring the devil.  Neither side has a lot of proof, though there is evidence here and there to support some of the accusations on both sides.  

We do have proof of Trump's unrepentant life of adultery though.  We have his own words and his own actions that he has admitted too.  Given that, it makes sense that some people view Trump as an immoral man.  According to our doctrines, he clearly is.

Clinton might be as well.  Proof on her side of the isle is harder to come by, probably because she's a career politician and so has been covering her tracks for decades.  Trump could let his slimeball flag fly without worry for most of his adult life so he's easier to judge.  

As Cal pointed out, we have more to judge Trump's morality on than just accusations.

Oh, my side is harboring the Devil, just a better one. :)

Trump has been a slimeball no doubt. But I do not think during his current marriage he'll continue to be so. Hillary one the other hand, if elected, will put the same man in the same place (the White House), doing the same thing (procuring women for sexual purposes), and the same woman covering for him.

"As Cal pointed out, we have more to judge Trump's morality on than just accusations."

Right, and as I pointed out, he's been honest about his sins, Hillary is nothing but a big, fat, well calculated, liar whenever she speaks.

5 hours ago, Duncan said:

looks what happens to Trump's accusers when they do come out, they are threatened of being sued. 

Another aspect I have never liked about Trump.

you know Bill Clinton isn't running for President right? He faced his demons years ago, now it's Trump's turn to face the music and he looks like he is unrepentant and wants to sue them. At that one debate he said no one has more respect for women then he has and yet the same night he called Clinton a "Nasty woman", is that respect? 

Correct, Hillary, his enabler, is.

"he looks like he is unrepentant and wants to sue them" - Trump is a strong man wuss who frequently turns to law suites to get his way. I do take issue though of his being unrepentant. I really do not think he's ever been, nor will be, unfaithful to Melanie. Now, if that marriage dissolves, who knows what type of life Trump will lead. And the only reason Bill may be slowing down or perhaps even stopped (I highly doubt that) being promiscuous, is because he's old.  

bsjkki beat me tto it: "This article explains how Obamacare funds abortions. http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2014/01/obamacares-many-loopholes-forcing-individuals-and-taxpayers-to-fund-elective-abortion-coverage " and although Hillary's opposition to the Hyde Amendment jumped out right away when I pulled up that article for BlueBell, I did not mention it. It's an excellent follow up to the ACA funding abortion.

4 hours ago, Duncan said:

and Trump is squeeky clean in his business dealings?

Oh, heavens no!

Just now, Darren10 said:

Correct, Hillary, his enabler, is.

"he looks like he is unrepentant and wants to sue them" - Trump is a strong man wuss who frequently turns to law suites to get his way. I do take issue though of his being unrepentant. I really do not think he's ever been, nor will be, unfaithful to Melanie. Now, if that marriage dissolves, who knows what type of life Trump will lead. And the only reason Bill may be slowing down or perhaps even stopped (I highly doubt that) being promiscuous, is because he's old.  

if Trump loses, it'll be interesting to see if Melania will stay with him, what has she to lose if he loses? time will tell I guess! but yeah, he can become more unhinged if that happens

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

One thing that befuddles me is that people seem to accuse Hillary of being somehow responsible for her husband's behaviour, is a woman to blame for her cheater husband? There is a difference between sexual assault and cheating. Trump is a pig but an election shouldn't be about who is less of a sexual predator! 

It's about Hillary enabling Bill's sexual philanthropy. That she did so by blatantly attacking and threatening Bill's victims. She knew Bill would cheat on her when they married and that sticking with him would be her road to political success.

4 minutes ago, Duncan said:

if Trump loses, it'll be interesting to see if Melania will stay with him, what has she to lose if he loses? time will tell I guess! but yeah, he can become more unhinged if that happens

I think she'll stay with him. If the marriage splits up it won't be because of this presidential race.

looks what happens to Trump's accusers when they do come out, they are threatened of being sued. 

If someone made false accusations against you, you wouldn't sue?

Just now, rodheadlee said:

no! money wouldn't solve my problems! for a guy like Trump and his background suing someone sounds like he is trying to bury them and some don't want the fight. All it takes is one person to say enough is enough and others will come out. 

10 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

If someone had tons of money and likely could bury the person and was the type of person who would do those things, do you doubt they would think twice about suing?  

Bullies are just as likely, if not more, to use the law against others as innocents are likely to defend themselves.

4 hours ago, Darren10 said:

Oh, my side is harboring the Devil, just a better one. :)

I prefer inept and stupid devils personally not better ones.

4 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

If I was running for President? No. At that point it is clear I have a platform with which to challenge the charges. Trump however promised that he had proof that all these accusations are false. I am still waiting for him to produce it.

Yes, I do realize how stupid it is to ask for proof something did not happen but it is not nearly as stupid as insisting you have said proof.

5 hours ago, bsjkki said:

If only we could. ☹️️ To seek common ground and with todays developments, doesn't it feel like we are all trapped watching a bad movie that should never have been made?

We are getting exactly what we deserve and that is sad.

The Right falls for en masse to the charms of a powermad blustering serial adulterer with idiotic impractical plans running on a platform of fear and hatred. The Left fell for a woman of dubious judgement heavily indebted to the powers she claims to want to defend Americans from.

On the third party front we have a guy who cannot even explain how his pie-in-the-sky tax platform could possibly work and a woman whose student loan platform is blatantly illegal.

We have been fueling the populace on political hate speech for a long time and now act surprised that hateful people select horrible candidates. Basically I would like to thank talk radio, political hate websites, bad journalism that refuses to fact-check, and all the rest for helping us to the edge of this narrow cliff. I would encourage all of us to reach behind us and grab them and push them off said cliff. Or, if that is too harsh, exile them all to a small portion of the Nevada desert and contract Trump to build a big beautiful wall around them.

"I prefer inept and stupid devils personally not better ones." - Then mine's less stupid and less inept. :)

On 11/5/2016 at 2:40 PM, The Nehor said:

I find it hard to agree with that argument. Clinton might disagree with the political views of many LDS but Trump brags about sins many of us say are next to murder. Which does God hate more? Adultery or the Affordable Care Act?

How about using a charitable foundation trust as a front for selling influence.  Do you remember Vince Foster, Ron Jones and others.  Please see article

http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/clinton-death-list-33-most-intriguing-cases/

On 11/5/2016 at 3:00 PM, Jeanne said:

i AGREE.  HILLARY IS A LIAR AND SO IS THE DONALD!  I am living on alka seltzer trying to figure out what to do with my vote.  I will write your name in!!

Please don't I don't want to attract the attention of the Clintons.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/clinton-death-list-33-most-intriguing-cases/