Seriously No Politics ×

A Republican o.k. with Mormon Genocide

bluebell

1 hour ago, BlueDreams said:

No....No it's not the same. Along with what Calm said, it's been a source of enabling bigotry. Already I've had a friend report racial harassment based around race, being told that come January he will have to go "back to where he came from." Ironically my friend is Native American, so he definitely got the last word on who was the real immigrant. But this has immediate effect and concerns. My folk have lived with the legacy of systemic discrimination in the country for generations. And we (as in the people I actually know and myself...and others) still see it today. The fear isn't just about the "establishment" per se, but the permission it gives some regular Americans to act in ways that are frustrating, alienating, or sometimes dangerous or infringing on our personal security. I'm well aware that it's not ALL people, but it doesn't take all for it to still have an effect on minorities.

I'm afraid because we've seen these words, actions, and sentiments before in history and in random interactions. They're not hypothetical. And our history with more tolerance and growing equality is way too short for it to not feel like a threat. 

With luv,

BD 

It's not only adults but children are being targeted by other children and harrassing Muslim and Latino students. The news says it might be because the children are listening to what their parents say, which is probable. http://fox13now.com/2016/11/09/granite-school-district-students-being-bullied-after-trump-wins-election/

Also, I saw a graph, but can't find right now, that stated Mormons had a higher rate out of all the religions that voted for Trump. Sure took a 180 from how the Utahn's were voting at first. I was quite shocked about the turnaround, but think it's a lot to do with being Republicans and thinking they needed the right judges etc. I spent the weekend with my in-laws on a getaway, and they, including my MIL were voting Trump.

ETA: Forgot to add, my two grandsons are half Mexican, and go to the Granite school district that was featured in the news with students being harrassed. I'm just sick to my stomach. And my niece on my husband's side has two adopted half black children, and she's very concerned, who wouldn't be. 

BD, if someone like you expresses concern, I believe people will take enough notice on this thread, thanks for your input. :) But hope Trump will see the error of his ways, and his father's ways before him, in the descrimination they caused in business and other ways. 

P.S.: BD, do I say half black, or is there a more appropriate phrase?

Edited by Tacenda
1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

How far up does the conspiracy go? Are the Jews involved? The Illuminati? The Reptilians?

You do realize that many of the investigators were not partisan right? Some were from agencies that typically lean Republican.

I have seen some of them that do seem a bit reptilian.

26 minutes ago, california boy said:

I hope everything I think about Trump proves to be wrong.

I hope president elect Trump goes down in history as the greatest president we have ever had.

I hope that the Republicans are able to bring prosperity and peace to this great nation.

I hope that the next four years great progress will be made in making America stronger than ever before

I hope that our children will inherit a country with as many opportunities as I have had.

I hope that under President Trump government will be more efficient and work equally for all Americans.

I hope that we can put aside our differences come together as first Americans and all work together to give opportunity to all for a life of happiness, liberty and freedom. 

Prove me wrong President Trump.  Prove me wrong Republicans.  Show me what a great president and party you can be.  You have my support in all that you do to govern righteously and with compassion for all.

I can join you in these hopes.

8 hours ago, bluebell said:

It's already been pursued.  The powers that be have decided she didn't break the law.  It's time to move on and let it go. 

No, they recommend that she not be prosecuted. James Comey clearly outlined how Hillary broke the law but said "no resonable prosecutor" would pursue charges against het. She indeniably broke the law but when Loretta Lynch meets secretly on a plane with Bill days before the FBI was goung to release its recommendations on pursuing prosecution against Hillary, who was surprised at Comey's decision? 

Please tell me you don't see the actions of Lynch as improper and grossly partial. 

CLARIFICATION: Yes, Comey did tell a congressional oversight committee that Hillary did not break the law but in past testimony he clearly outlined that she did and even warned future State Department emplyees not to do what Hillary did or risk prisecution. This is not the rule of law. 

Edited by Darren10
31 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

It's not only adults but children are being targeted by other children and harrassing Muslim and Latino students. The news says it might be because the children are listening to what their parents say, which is probable. http://fox13now.com/2016/11/09/granite-school-district-students-being-bullied-after-trump-wins-election/

Also, I saw a graph, but can't find right now, that stated Mormons had the highest percentage out of all the religions that voted for Trump. Sure took a 180 from how the Utahn's were voting at first. I was quite shocked about the turnaround, but think it's a lot to do with being Republicans and thinking they needed the right judges etc. I spent the weekend with my in-laws on a getaway, and they, including my MIL were voting Trump.

ETA: Forgot to add, my two grandsons are half Mexican, and go to the Granite school district that was featured in the news with students being harrassed. I'm just sick to my stomach. And my niece on my husband's side has two adopted half black children, and she's very concerned, who wouldn't be. 

BD, if someone like you expresses concern, I believe people will take enough notice on this thread, thanks for your input. :) But hope Trump will see the error of his ways, and his father's ways before him, in the descrimination they caused in business and other ways. 

Found the graph, but it had little info on it's collection. I would want more information. Out of the people in my circle of friends, most didn't vote for him. Most of my conservative mormon friends went 3rd part. So I'm happy enough with that. Unfortunately one of the ones that went was my mother. (win some...lose some). In her words she felt like she wasn't voting for trump but for "conservative values" and her absolute hate of Clinton...and her uber republican self as it is. But she can also be a little ignorant on racial concerns at times. She hated Trump as well. One hatred finally out ruled the other. 

And half black is fine. Biracial is also ok. I personally Like mixed or brown. But none of these are offensive

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Multiple inquiries and investigations from multiple federal agencies and special investigators, many of them conservative leaning, have all found no reason to prosecute. It was you who told me about the Wildlife Refuge battle that I did not know enough to judge the outcome of that case. You know far less about what went on with the email server but somehow she must pay? Why do you not trust the system in this case? Physician, heal thyself.

And on a practical level the last thing we need is to punitively drag this out. It may have cost the election, her political career, and much more. No harm was done. No American agents died in the field due to the emails. No major treaties or trade deals were ruined. It is amazing how petty and vengeance-driven this is.

If we are going to live by the strict rule of law Trump's wife, our future first lady, needs to be investigated for illegally working in the United States. The dates make it clear now that she violated immigration law. Of course we should not drag her before the courts because that would be petty and stupid.

Your side won. To quote a fictional president: "You have your pound of flesh. I suggest you take your victory and move on." The rule of law gives federal investigators and prosecutors the right to decide whether to indict. They declined to do so. Get over it.

Can I have permission to publicly mock you if Obama does not pardon Clinton? It might happen but I doubt it. I mean how many investigations with no indictments do people like you need before moving on? Do you have some secret lust for polarizing the nation with politically charged show trials?

If Obama does not pardon Hillary, mock all you want. You'd do so even without my post. 

I agree Melania should be looked into. I myself ridiculed Trump for his double position on immigration. If your looking for a comparison though on severity please consider the following:

1) Hillary's friends destroyed evidence after being subpoenaed. Kiristian Saucier was sentenced in part for doing the same after learning he was under investigation for taking pictures. Saying she did bot break the law or meant no harm when she did is not quote satisfying to me. She should be held just as accountable as anyone else. 

2) Hillary's classified emails ended up on a man's computer whom CPS is looking into for being a s** pr*dator. This too was brushed aside by Comey. 

3) Hillary had classified information printed by her maid. 

4) Hillary has a fake laugh.

Nobody died in these cases. I am not aware of Saucier's actions harming anyone. But why him and not Hillary? The DOJ is loaded with Obama and Clinton friends. They would never prosecute either one of the, or anyone acting under them and for them.  Trump's election has shocked their comfort zone and I find that good. 

Returning to Melania, I am perfectly fine with allowing illegals to stay. If they have no criminal background, put them on a path to citizenship. That includes learning history and English but I am perfectly OK with that. I do not see Melania Trump as standing grounds for deportation or anything of the such. Now, if she did get investigated, how OK owlud you be with the US Attorney General meeting secretly with President Trump just before a decision is made?

1 hour ago, Tacenda said:

Also, I saw a graph, but can't find right now, that stated Mormons had a higher rate out of all the religions that voted for Trump. Sure took a 180 from how the Utahn's were voting at first. I was quite shocked about the turnaround, but think it's a lot to do with being Republicans and thinking they needed the right judges etc. I spent the weekend with my in-laws on a getaway, and they, including my MIL were voting Trump.

You should come to the high school Spanish class Inteach and observe the reaction of most after answering who I voted for. How did Trump's positions translate into sending students to Africa? 

4 hours ago, Darren10 said:

You should come to the high school Spanish class Inteach and observe the reaction of most after answering who I voted for. How did Trump's positions translate into sending students to Africa? 

By giving a legitimized voice to those who really want to see an America without minorities.  Even if the majority of those who voted for President-Elect Trump did so because they were concerned about jobs, or wanted to shake up the government status-quo, or just don't like Secretary Clinton, or are die-hard Republicans who'll vote that way regardless of who's on the ticket, his election gave the racists, sexists, and bigots a voice.

A friend from college, a young black woman, is now afraid for her life.  I'm an engineer not a psychologist so I can't say this on any official capacity, but it could be possible that she's projecting her fears onto those she's encountered since the election, but when she's talking about seeing people give her funny looks while examining the gun and ammo selection at the Wal-mart she's currently shopping in, that should give everyone pause.

49 minutes ago, silvermoon383 said:

By giving a legitimized voice to those who really want to see an America without minorities.  Even if the majority of those who voted for President-Elect Trump did so because they were concerned about jobs, or wanted to shake up the government status-quo, or just don't like Secretary Clinton, or are die-hard Republicans who'll vote that way regardless of who's on the ticket, his election gave the racists, sexists, and bigots a voice.

A friend from college, a young black woman, is now afraid for her life.  I'm an engineer not a psychologist so I can't say this on any official capacity, but it could be possible that she's projecting her fears onto those she's encountered since the election, but when she's talking about seeing people give her funny looks while examining the gun and ammo selection at the Wal-mart she's currently shopping in, that should give everyone pause.

"his election gave the racists, sexists, and bigots a voice" - According to many EVERY Republican elected gives a voice to the 'racists, sexists, and bigots'. It's so pathetic. 

8 hours ago, Darren10 said:

They have seen much more than you apparently. 

10 hours ago, Darren10 said:

No, they recommend that she not be prosecuted. James Comey clearly outlined how Hillary broke the law but said "no resonable prosecutor" would pursue charges against het. She indeniably broke the law but when Loretta Lynch meets secretly on a plane with Bill days before the FBI was goung to release its recommendations on pursuing prosecution against Hillary, who was surprised at Comey's decision? 

Please tell me you don't see the actions of Lynch as improper and grossly partial. 

CLARIFICATION: Yes, Comey did tell a congressional oversight committee that Hillary did not break the law but in past testimony he clearly outlined that she did and even warned future State Department emplyees not to do what Hillary did or risk prisecution. This is not the rule of law. 

This is ridiculous. The rule of law does not require that every offense be prosecuted no matter what. By this standard every time a cop checks my speed if I am going half a mph over the speed limit I should be fined or the rule of law is threatened. Whenever the government or a business finds an employee breaking the law instead of quickly firing them they should make sure charges are filed every time. Are you consistent in this belief? Have you ever turned yourself in for software piracy or jaywalking? Do you report things you buy online but pay no taxes on when you do your income taxes?

3 hours ago, Darren10 said:

"his election gave the racists, sexists, and bigots a voice" - According to many EVERY Republican elected gives a voice to the 'racists, sexists, and bigots'. It's so pathetic. 

I agree that this is pathetic. Republicans should make it clear to the bigots in their ranks that they are not getting a seat at the table. They should reject endorsements from these hateful people. Many have. Some do not and that is pathetic.

22 hours ago, bsjkki said:

Yes he did! He is completely against Trump. This video was a warning about what he was hearing and listening to. Trump was the only one who also heard and listened to the blue collar workers in America and spoke directly to them. This was the "voter" that put Trump in office. The GOPe and the Democrats were not listening. I posted this as an explanation for those who don't understand how this result happened.

Blue collar workers will soon get an unpleasant wake-up call. If Trump is true to his campaign promises, their overall tax burden is about to go up. 

Edited by Gray
21 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

I agree that this is pathetic. Republicans should make it clear to the bigots in their ranks that they are not getting a seat at the table. They should reject endorsements from these hateful people. Many have. Some do not and that is pathetic.

I'm trying to figure out what the values of the GOP are these days. They don't appear to have any left. 

This is ridiculous. The rule of law does not require that every offense be prosecuted no matter what. By this standard every time a cop checks my speed if I am going half a mph over the speed limit I should be fined or the rule of law is threatened. Whenever the government or a business finds an employee breaking the law instead of quickly firing them they should make sure charges are filed every time. Are you consistent in this belief? Have you ever turned yourself in for software piracy or jaywalking? Do you report things you buy online but pay no taxes on when you do your income taxes?

"The rule of law does not require that every offense be prosecuted no matter what" - Despite that's where you were going by bringing up Melania Trump, that is correct. I find what Clinton did as so severe that it must be looked into. Not while the US Attorney General herself meets secretly with her husband days before the FBI was to make its recommendation for prosecution. That in and of itself reeks of partiality and favoritism. Doing that is precisely contrary to the rule of law. Clinton must be looked into by people not already concluding that she should be prosecuted. This has nothing to do with prosecuting everything but when the secretary of State blatantly violates the Espionage Act, which does not require intent, it should be looked into. You cite petty crimes for crimes which shares national secrets with maids, potential p*d*ph*les, the Russian government, etc. Stay on topic. Make some  comparisons that are al least equal in severity.

Correct. The New Black Panthers and Black Lives Matter groups should be axed from the Republican table.

11 hours ago, ERayR said:

I can join you in these hopes.

Me too..California Boy..me too.  I am hoping that he will do the one thing he promised..to surround himself with the very best people ..and to listen.  I have confidence in my own hope and in giving the man a chance.  Seriously...we have to give him a chance.

I actually think Trump will be one of the least effective presidents ever. He's buried in lawsuits, the liberals/Democrats aren't going to give him the time of day. we may see the most stonewalled, stopped-up government in history. Unless he sets up the fascist dictatorship liberals think he will, nothing will get done due to the filibustering, partisan fighting that will be the next four years. And I'm not advocating a fascist anything--I like my freedom, too.